Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Other clubs away support!

I know this has been done before, but support is something we talk about on here a lot. I noticed at the weekend, palace were reported to have taken 2,500 to coventry. to me taking that many in their league position and poor form is a good shout.

got me thinking, who do you feel is punching above their weight on their travels and who disappoints?

Comments

• It was a special "Palace on Tour" day though.
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It was a special "Palace on Tour" day though.

with the emphasis on "special"... but fair play to them
  • heard it was there big day,there away support is truly shocking ask millwall
  • edited February 2011
    There were a few times in the Prem when we played Villa at The Valley and they did not fill the away end. Always thought they would bring 2500 plus but remember a few times when there were home fans in the Jimmy Seed aswell.

And I know we cannot really judge but Fulham also seemed to disappoint in terms of their away numbers at The Valley bearing in mind the distance.
  • remember coventry and portvale at selhurst bringing so few they didnt open the away end
  • To be fair I've been away with villa a number of times... a very respectable away support not just recently but for years when they were absolute garbage under Gregory, Taylor, O'Leary etc

Fulham, just terrible regardless of their position

Leeds have been fantastic no matter how far they've fallen and how crap they got... they've taken nearly every allocation everywhere since dropping out of the PL
  • So the red and blue pikeys only took 2,500 when it was all paid for by their "club"?
    Crikey, that is awful.
  • Pathetic - MK Dons. They average around 9,000 at home and their away numbers are regularly listed at around the 100 mark.
    - Fulham
    - Wigan

Impressive - Brighton. They always take good numbers.
    - Southampton. As above.
    - Gillingham (always seem to have 400-500 at the most northern of northern outposts)
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]when it was all paid for by their "club"?

how much was paid for out of interest... was it free travel or subsidised?
  • Operation Rioch .

Huddersfield's should be better given the home support
  • Sponsored links:

• thought derby had poor away support given their consistently big home numbers
  • Wigan took 60 fans to Tottenham...... shocking
  • palace took 150 to swansea this season pretty poor
  • In our two recent seasons in the championship when for one of them we had the new ground syndrome we averaged less than palace in away numbers despite having bigger home crowds .....and in our championship relegation season we had the lowest away average in the league
  • edited February 2011
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]In our two recent seasons in the championship when for one of them we had the new ground syndrome we averaged less than palace in away numbers despite having bigger home crowds .....and in our championship relegation season we had the lowest away average in the league

When I saw the title of the thread I just KNEW this post would be on here - and I wasn't disappointed.

It's nice to know that whatever happens in life there will always be certain constants that you can rely on to keep you on the straight and narrow.
    ;O)
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite].

And this one!
    ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]So the red and blue pikeys only took 2,500 when it was all paid for by their "club"?
    Crikey, that is awful.

The Palace on tour day was arranged by the fans, and the only input the club had was help in advertising it.

The costs were covered by the fans themselves.
  • I remember us doing an event to Port Vale one year (think it was a promotion season) and we took about 2,500. to see their fans faces when 40+ coaches pulled into town was amazing. think it was draw that day. Regardless of how fans get there, it is always a great day out when your numbers are way above average and you can make some noise.
  • Thought there were a lot there when I saw the highlights on TV - but makes it even better they lost 2-0
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]I remember us doing an event to Port Vale one year (think it was a promotion season) and we took about 2,500. to see their fans faces when 40+ coaches pulled into town was amazing. think it was draw that day. Regardless of how fans get there, it is always a great day out when your numbers are way above average and you can make some noise.

We took just under 4,000 up to Port Vale. It was the play-off season, and the first time the club had run a free transport operation. Did look pretty impressive pulling off the motorway and just being able to see an endless line of Charlton coaches.

During the course of the last 3 years, Millwall have taken 43 to Swansea on a Friday night and Palace took less than that (35 I think) to Leeds for a Carling Cup game.
  • I was told by a Nigel that they were taking 6.500 up there??
    Only 4000 out!!!! LOL
  • The only accurate way to analyse this is by expressing average away support as a percentage of average home gate.

I'm not volunteering.
  • Palace on tour!

*Bends wrist*
  • We won 1-0 at Port Vale. Danny Mills dived and Mendonca slotted home the penalty.

Pretty sure the draw was during the Championship winning season on a Tuesday night.
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]We won 1-0 at Port Vale. Danny Mills dived and Mendonca slotted home the penalty.

Pretty sure the draw was during the Championship winning season on a Tuesday night.
    It was the playoff season and Mill's debut.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]In our two recent seasons in the championship when for one of them we had the new ground syndrome we averaged less than palace in away numbers despite having bigger home crowds .....and in our championship relegation season we had the lowest away average in the league[/quote]

I blame you for that Morts....
  • Danny Mills' debut was at Crewe, I think.
  • Yep definitely at Crewe, he scored after 3 minutes
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]We won 1-0 at Port Vale. Danny Mills dived and Mendonca slotted home the penalty.

It was the playoff season and Mill's debut.

Mill's debut was at crewe where he scored in the first ten (I think) as I had him to score first and us to win three nil at 100 to 1 :-)