Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hodgson named WBA boss

Didn't see this one coming, thought Hughton was in talks and close to taking over yesterday?

And another job Curbs has missed out on (if he applied)

Comments

• Its a good shout. Despite his problems at Liverpool, I still think he is a top manager.
  • I'd be amazed if a top flight club ever gives Curbs a job now, he's been out of the game for too long now.
  • Good appointment. They looked destined for the drop under di Matteo. I'd back Hodgson to keep them up. Wrong club at the wrong time for him at Liverpool. But as Bing says, he is still a top manager and this appointment looks like a good fit to me.
  • Like others I believe that Roy is a very good manager, but I am not backing him to keep them up. His style is more thoughtful and considered, and he plans carefully, gradually putting the right things in place. For me he is more likely to bring them straight back up next year with a better squad, he is not suited to knee jerk reactions. In my opinion his treatment at Liverpool was disgraceful, and they simply panicked. If he ever writes a book, it should make an interesting read.
  • I tend to agree with Granpa in that I think he's a very good manager but not sure he's one to make an immediate impact. Much like Curbs in that respect I suppose.

On the other hand there are a lot of poor teams in the Premiership at the moment and others that seem intent on pressing the self distruct button so it's still anyones guess as far as I can see.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]Like others I believe that Roy is a very good manager, but I am not backing him to keep them up. His style is more thoughtful and considered, and he plans carefully, gradually putting the right things in place. For me he is more likely to bring them straight back up next year with a better squad, he is not suited to knee jerk reactions.

Maybe. But he took charge at Fulham in a similar scenario when they were looking doomed and kept them up...and at Blackburn I think he had a great first season but got sacked halfway through a pretty disastrous second campaign? There seems to be something about the the north-west which doesn't quite agree with him!
  • Have not heard anything from Curbs in a long time. No comment on Chris Powell becoming Charltons new manager or anything like that given hes strong connection with club. Hes been out the game too long for a top flight job. Its questionable whether he even wants to get back in the game.
  • This appointment hopefully puts PAT MURPHY in the position he belongs: A know nothing big headed hack. Went on and on this week on 5Live about how he knew Houghton had got the job.
    Not the first time, by a long way, that Murphy has made his self appointed position as Midlands Football Correspondent look totally stupid.

Still think Hodgson is crap though..... We'll see.
  • Roys ok with these type of clubs
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Roys ok with these type of clubs

We'll see. You're young Nolly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Roys not crap there's just a huge difference in managing a club like Liverpool compared to West brom/Fulham. Will be a bit of a funny season for him but I think he will keep em up.
  • Does this mean that they are now called West Bwom?
  • Pwobably....