Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kings of Leon greatest rock band ever..... or are they?

Kings of leon LIVE!!

needs sound on.

God there good.

;-)

Comments

• Nope, no where near. In fact I would actually say that they are killing modern rock
  • have you watched and listened to the video mate?
  • my ears hurt
  • At 0:44 it looked like the drummer had a balloon in his mouth (was bubble gum) and with the guy singing like that, I thought they were taking helium.

They're normally good though.
  • nope, definitely not. They're whingey and over-played.
  • Loved the first three albums, seen them live twice and was very disappointed on both occasions. Greatest rock band ever? Not a chance, although they might be the best that Radio 1 play
  • I have seen them live twice myself. And think they are a tad over rated. I can fully understand why they are popular. But as a rock act, nah. Unfortunately their popularity as a "rock act" is dumming the rest if the rock genre
  • Although they say it themselves, I must agree with them. The greatest Rock 'n Roll band in the world are The Rolling Stones.
  • Give that man a medal
  • Exile on main street, best album ever, Fact
  • Sponsored links:

• Dont even make the top 100 bands of all time.
  • First album great. 90% of everything else shocking.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Kings of leon LIVE!!

needs sound on.

God there good.

you having a giggle mate? they are terrible
  • edited February 2011
    I like 'em, but they're not the greatest ever. The linked performance is utter poo.
  • I was there, to be fair this mock up isn't too far from what actually happened!
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]First album great. 90% of everything else shocking.
    This. FACT! (Nailed On)
  • Boring predictable Housewife rock.
  • Liked their ealier stuff, last 2 albums have been pretty gash.
  • Sponsored links:

• They're shit. Pure, unadulterated, utter shit.
  • THE WHO

Im gutted i wasnt born when they played the valley would love to have seen this live.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Although they say it themselves, I must agree with them. The greatest Rock 'n Roll band in the world are The Rolling Stones.

oh yes! I've still not seen them live alas grrrr

As for Kings of Leon I thought there were a few gems in their earlier albums but wouldn't want to see them in the flesh and haven't bothered with their more recent stuff listened to lil bits but not bought any of their albums for a long while. Ragoo was always my favourite track.
  • Gituar Legend

True legend Paco De Lucia for any other gituar lover.
  • Kiss army!!

kiss at there painted faced best.
  • They sold out. Writing unoriginal middle of the road s*** these days.
  • No, but suspect this is a generational divide
  • I used to like them but I think Aha Heartshake was the last half decent thing they did. Everything they've released since then has sounded formulaic and repetitive.

Lets face it, Rock and roll is piss poor these days. The fact that U2 and Cold play are headlining Glastonbury says it all really.
  • They aint that bad. It seems fashionable to slag them off nowdays. They make a living from their music, its not quite X factor is it?
    I bet they are not at work at 8 in the morning like me.
    I think it is fair to say that there is not much original going on at present but give it a year or 2 something will come along.
  • The best band around at the moment is kasabian, by a long way...

I saw them live a while back (they were supporting oasis at wembley) and they were immense live....puts bands like KOL to shame really