Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Possible handball?

From time to time, referees get criticised for making errors. It's totally unfair. They do a great job, calling it how they see it, working closely with their assistants and very rarely do they get anything wrong. However, there is one example on this YouTube video which bears close examination. The referee quite rightly waved play on. But if you watch it again very, very carefully, you can see what looks like the merest hint of a handball by the defender.

I am not sure if it was a handball. And it couldn't possibly have been deliberate. It's just such a shame that the referee's decision wasn't accepted straight away.

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Totally agree Chizz. I have no idea what the opposition centre forward was complaining about - clearly the defender was nowhere near it.
  • Mmmm ... have my doubts ... might be handball but difficult to tell for sure ... ref was right to play on.
  • love to have seen what the refs assistant was doing at the time. or was one of the subs running the line?
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]love to have seen what the refs assistant was doing at the time.

Probably doing her make-up or filing her nails.....
  • It's a definite handball. If you watch the slow-mo version afterwards you can see it clearly. Pretty hard to see from the live version though, so ref can't really be faulted.
  • Arsene Wenger was there - didn't see it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]love to have seen what the refs assistant was doing at the time.

Probably doing her make-up or filing her nails.....

Fnnaarr, fnnaarr.......

Ban the Stone!
  • [cite]Posted By: AidenTheAddick[/cite]It's a definite handball. If you watch the slow-mo version afterwards you can see it clearly. Pretty hard to see from the live version though, so ref can't really be faulted.
    I can't decide if this is a genuine troll. if it is - well played.
  • edited February 2011
    Oh dear. Just realised you were all being sarcastic. Terrible. It's been a long day. I'm shocked in myself, haha.

EDIT: I should have gone with the troll approach, wouldn't have looked so foolish.
  • edited February 2011
    Away teams never get a decision at the Droylesdon Kop End. FACT
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully incidents like this will stop the call for video evidence. A dozen different camera angles couldn't prove anything here.
  • [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Away teams never get a decision at the Droylesdon Kop End. FACT

Except it's at Blyth :-)