Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Keys and Gray hired by Talksport

Comments

• Options
    Now on LBC drivetime.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Now on LBC drivetime.

not the same, he is somewhat censored at that time.
  • Options
    Talksport is just Channel 5 on the radio.
    I used to be a big fan of 5Live but sadly that is going downhill. Richard Bacon, Colin Murray and Stephen Nolan; these three unprofessional, inadaquate, unintelligent fools have brought the standard down over the last couple of years. With Alan Green and now Robbie Savage there too I find myself turning off more than I used to.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]James Whale 10pm - 1am Sunday - Thursday was my particular favourite from the past. Sacked for political bias.

Sacked for openly advocating withdrawal from the EU.

EDIT: As was his predecessor in the graveyard slot Charlie Wolf (?spelling)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]James Whale 10pm - 1am Sunday - Thursday was my particular favourite from the past. Sacked for political bias.

He was sacked for telling people to vote for Boris as mayor of London. "seriously breached the due impartiality rules at the time of an election".
  • Options
    Mike parry saying that the 100 meters will be run in under 1 second in times to come was truly an amazing morning on talk sport.

David moyes phoning the station to say they had picked him up on the way home on the team bus when porky was pissed up was another classic
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

He was sacked for telling people to vote for Boris as mayor of London. "seriously breached the due impartiality rules at the time of an election".

Here's the link....

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/tv_and_radio/article3881537.ece

You can't make breaches of the Broadcasting Act and get away with it, these are the same regulations that Gaunt was sacked from the same station for.

TalkSport would be at serious threat of losing its license if it did not sack both presenters.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Now on LBC drivetime.

not the same, he is somewhat censored at that time.

Of course he is. Just letting those who like Whale know where they can find him, he is still an interesting listen nonetheless.
  • Options
    Another to add to the Richard Keys collection...

http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:22919246
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Another to add to the Richard Keys collection...

Hey you and me must be unique!
    I also have never in private:

Made what some would consider a racist comment
    Told what some would consider a racist joke
    Laughed at what some would consider a racist joke
    Made what some would consider a sexist comment
    Told what some would consider a sexist joke
    Laughed at what some would consider a sexist joke

But then we can't all be perfect can we?
  • Options
    keeps all the dimwits together. TalkDunce.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Another to add to the Richard Keys collection...

I also haveneverin private:

But then we can't all be perfect can we?
    Like most people I love a good racist/sexist/disable-ist joke. Or a joke that pokes fun at one made up religion or another or that makes fun of a disease or strand of criminality. That's regardless of whether or not it's focused on a subject that affects me or mine.

Keys however is a tedious prick, aiming his comments at tedious pricks, too stupid to actually appreciate any kind of subtlety or humour. Mindless unpleasantness for the sake of it, because thickos love mindless unpleasantness.

CHOCO JOKO
    DURRRR

DURRRRR

HURRRRRR

(wipes a little sex week from bellend at the excitement of saying something rude about someone who's not present).

He's a pathetic fat hairy cntbubble, I feel sorry for people too dim to notice that he's just a thick hateful shit trying to ingratiate himself with thick hateful shits.
  • Options
    That's a view Mort.

Mine is more, yes he's a bit of a prat but he's lost one of the best jobs in the world. He is professionally finished (Works for Talksport backs this up) but..........There but for the grace of God ........

So all I'm saying is he's paid the price, no need to keep digging him out.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Another to add to the Richard Keys collection...

[url][url]http://m.mirror.co.uk/article?a=m4:22919246[/url][/url][/quote]

I also have[b]never[u][/u][/b][u][/u]in private:

But then we can't all be perfect can we?[/quote]
    Like most people I love a good racist/sexist/disable-ist joke. Or a joke that pokes fun at one made up religion or another or that makes fun of a disease or strand of criminality. That's regardless of whether or not it's focused on a subject that affects me or mine.

Keys however is a tedious prick, aiming his comments at tedious pricks, too stupid to actually appreciate any kind of subtlety or humour. Mindless unpleasantness for the sake of it, because thickos love mindless unpleasantness.

CHOCO JOKO
    DURRRR

DURRRRR

HURRRRRR

(wipes a little sex week from bellend at the excitement of saying something rude about someone who's not present).

He's a pathetic fat hairy cntbubble, I feel sorry for people too dim to notice that he's just a thick hateful shit trying to ingratiate himself with thick hateful shits.[/quote]

good points
  • Options
    more trouble for Keys I see

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2011/02/12/sexism-row-pundit-richard-keys-shock-racist-slur-on-black-player-115875-22919246/
  • Options
    Will listen at around 9:50am, to hear the Brazil/Gray change over......
  • Options
    I did read in my Saturday (Daily Mail) paper. Parry left for 'contractual disagreements' probably because Keys/Gray arrival. Anyway they also said he had signed up for Five Live doing the 606 show. I must say I always liked him and sorry to see him go.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]Will listen at around 9:50am, to hear the Brazil/Gray change over......

Couldn't be bothered in the end......anything interesting happen ?
  • Options
    Parry once said horses should have wing mirrors if on the road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dull dull dull, premiership love in. Hardly any callers, paul ince, peter reid dion dublin and jamie carragher on the phone, keys arse kissed all of them, total tripe to be fair, didnt have a clue about the rugby either. Parry used to wind me up but was always entertained this was in a nutshell total shite.
  • Options
    I think their first show was always gonna be a 'safe' one, with little audience participation to be fair.
  • Options
    I don't really get what Keys can possibly bring to a radio show. On TV you always need an anchor man; someone to ask the pundits questions and introduce what's coming later. In essence, he didn't have to say much about football at all. However, on the radio surely he can't get away with saying nothing incisive... can he?

I'm probably never going to catch the show, would be interested to hear from others what he's like.
  • Options
    Mike Parry has joined BBC 5Live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/02_february/14/parry.shtml
  • Options
    hahahahahaha!

Have I woken up in a parallel universe???

He slaughtered the BBC for years!!!

Hilarious.
  • Options
    Well I don't know the fella but he's got to be better than Alan Green , Colin Murray, Ian Paine and Robbie Savage!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Mike Parry has joined BBC 5Live.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2011/02_february/14/parry.shtml

Yay !!!
    ;-)
  • Options
    Good for Parry......
    But I it will end in tears, not sure if Porky will be able to bite his tongue and keep within the bbc guidelines.

Him and savage should be a lively show, I read about the producer (in my old BBC magazine Ariel last week), apparently the producer told him he booed him as a player!

Sounds 'lively" as they say.....
  • Options
    Caught the Keys show at least the end bit,

Bit dry and one paced to me!......

See they got a couple of mates to phone in..........
  • Options
    for amount of slagging of talksport seems to be a lot of listeners on here. lol

give keys and gray time it'll get better