Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
I parked up at Yeovil yesterday and was just approaching the ground, when a car stops in the road, a bloke winds down his window and asks for directions to the ground .................. Twas Jim Davidson ......... nick nick.

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I parked up at Yeovil yesterday and was just approaching the ground, when a car stops in the road, a bloke winds down his window and asks for directions to the ground .................. Twas Jim Davidson ......... nick nick.

Should have told him to buy a sat nav.
  • But what has he ever done for Charlton?

:-)

I saw him too. In with the directors.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]I parked up at Yeovil yesterday and was just approaching the ground, when a car stops in the road, a bloke winds down his window and asks for directions to the ground .................. Twas Jim Davidson ......... nick nick.

Should have told him to buy a sat nav.

LOL ... glad he is back attending games.
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]
    LOL ... glad he is back attending away games.
  • I was standing with John Virgo for most of the game.
  • does he not live in Dubai now? In the Directors Box? Theres your middle-east money.
  • I haven't got a problem with Jim , his biography is funny with a lot of local & Charlton references .
  • I went to school with him. About four years older and one to avoid. A twat and a bully. He cut my school tie off with a pair of scissors just below the knot. Git.
  • Oh dear
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I went to school with him. About four years older and one to avoid. A twat and a bully. He cut my school tie off with a pair of scissors just below the knot. Git.[/quote]

Oh that Jim Davidson - anything for a laugh.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]I went to school with him. About four years older and one to avoid. A twat and a bully. He cut my school tie off with a pair of scissors just below the knot. Git.

We used to call that tagging at Thomas Tallis , the rumour was that if you collected enough tags Cuffs in Woolwich would buy them back off you , total rubbish of course .
  • real fan give him that and quite funny
  • Always remember his joke about the valley having the best pitch in the country due to being covered with shit every saturday.
  • Didn't he used to support a team called Charltonil .....?
  • i thought tagging was when you tore the tag/label off which sometimes took half the fabric with it? never suffered that myself tho or received it, although Roan had its fair share of t*ssers hen i was there
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]But what has he ever done for Charlton?....
    He's the big moneyman behind S+J ;-)
  • Deeply flawed individual. Homophobic and anti-disabled people. He refused to go on stage once because the front row of the audience was made up of people in wheelchairs.
    This was the man who was prosecuted for driving at 100mph on the motorway. In mitigation at court he said that he was upset because he had just heard that HMS Coventry had just been sunk (Falklands War). Twenty odd of our finest die at sea and he uses it as an excuse to get off a speeding charge!
    To cap it all he is a crap comedian.
  • He was given loads of stick for being a white guy pretending to be a black guy to get laughs.

Anyone been watching "Come Fly With Me" ?
  • I have mixed views on Jim Davidson.

As a comic he's a bit of a dinosaur ( he was funny in the 80's) but i also think the racist tag was complete rubbish. He Does Chalky jokes and it's racist while Matt Lucus blacks and does stereotypical ethnic characters and its fine.

He's work for the armed forces is highly commendable yet i hate it when he turns into an anti labour Tory boy.

As for him being a Charlton fan , i wasn't too happy with the CharltonNil stuff but he obviously a fan so i can forgive him for that.

I would much rather have Jim davisdon come watch Charlton than that ex Millwall supporting scumbag , Kelvin Mackenzie. Now that man deserves all the hate you can muster for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]Deeply flawed individual. Homophobic and anti-disabled people. He refused to go on stage once because the front row of the audience was made up of people in wheelchairs.

If your going to come out with a vicious statement like that , give us your evidence .

I know for a fact he raises tens of thousands for ex armed forces who are maimed by land mines and who are now in wheel chairs.
  • Bedsaddick

Check out Wikipedia. I also remember it being reported at the time.

Also add wife beater, tax exile, bankrupt because he didn't pay his taxes (how many of us get the choice?), jokes about cancer sufferers - quite an hilarious subject that one, unless of course you are a sufferer...

My statement about him being deeply flawed is not vicious. It is a fair comment on his other, well-documented attributes.

With regards to your comment about McKenzie - I would agree that there is not much to choose between them.
  • October 2003
    Comedian Jim Davidson last night refused to tread the boards at a Plymouth theatre after he took exception to wheelchair users in the front row.
    He had asked the theatre's front-of-house manager to move them to the sides but his request was refused. Davidson then pulled out of the show 15 minutes after his warm-up act took to the stage.
    A spokesman for the Plymouth Pavilions, where the comedian was performing as part of his national part of his national Vote4Jim tour, said: "Jim Davidson apparently took exception to a number of wheelchair users in the front stalls of the Pavilions Arena.
    "Mr Davidson cited the fact that a proportion of his act was aimed at disabled customers and that he would be unable to perform under these circumstances."
  • like any of you are percfect

FFS you lot always find something or someone to pick at

Get a life FFS
  • So its on Wikepedia and has a paragraph lifted from The Sun - It must be right then..... Shame you forgot copy and paste about the charity work he does for the British armed forces but i guess thats not interesting enough for you.
  • [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]like any of you are percfect

Get a life FFS

There's not being perfect and then there's being a racist, bigoted bully. Don't care who he supports, Davidson to me seems a grade A tw**.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Happy Valley[/cite]Bedsaddick

Check out Wikipedia. I also remember it being reported at the time.

Also add wife beater, tax exile, bankrupt because he didn't pay his taxes (how many of us get the choice?), jokes about cancer sufferers - quite an hilarious subject that one, unless of course you are a sufferer...

My statement about him being deeply flawed is not vicious. It is a fair comment on his other, well-documented attributes.

And your perfect , right?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]So its on Wikepedia and has a paragraph lifted from The Sun - It must be right then..... Shame you forgot copy and paste about the charity work he does for the British armed forces but i guess thats not interesting enough for you.
    riiiight... so you ask for proof and then claim the proof is irrelevant? Nice.
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]like any of you are percfect

Get a life FFS

I'm not perfect, but i'm also not homophobic and poke fun at people with disabilities.
  • edited February 2011
    And I'm telling you that that anything on Wikipedia is not evidence . That could have been written by someone like you who obviously has a deep seated hatred of the man .
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kentaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]So its on Wikepedia and has a paragraph lifted from The Sun - It must be right then..... Shame you forgot copy and paste about the charity work he does for the British armed forces but i guess thats not interesting enough for you.
    riiiight... so you ask for proof and then claim the proof is irrelevant? Nice.
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]like any of you are percfect

Get a life FFS

I'm not perfect, but i'm also not homophobic and poke fun at people with disabilities.

And I'm telling you that that anything on Wikipedia is not evidence . That could have been written by someone like you who obviously has a deep seated hatred of the man .

Of course, the old wikipedia conspiracy. Of course, i had nothing better to do in my time than fill almost his entire wikipedia entry with slander. Yes. I did that, since I have absolutely no life whatsoever. What about the Sun? Is that not credible? Oh yeah... sorry, Rupert Murdoch made that up did he? Sure.