Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alberto Del Rio

Great win last night, gonna big in these circles soon

Comments

• Options
    Come again?
  • Options
    mendonca hes a wrestler, but why did you post this CAFCBourne?
  • Options
    He's our new signing
  • Options
    Thought he was our new centre midfield starlet then from the title, still got no idea who he is
  • Options
    Thought we'd signed him.
  • Options
    Who??
  • Options
    I thought Santino was going to win, oh well.

Good to see Booker.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SECAFC[/cite]mendonca hes a wrestler, but why did you post this CAFCBourne?[/quote]

Because its another sport and one of the major titles (Royal Rumble) was won last night.

[quote][cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]I thought Santino was going to win, oh well.

Good to see Booker.[/quote]

It gets better year on year
  • Options
    I've just lost a little bit of respect for you Dyer!
  • Options
    According to the reports, the middle bit of the rumble with that group was pretty rubbish, with proper talents like R Truth getting jobbed, and then His Holy Cenaness turned up and managed to clear them all out straight away, even though previous people like 7 foot 3 Khali failed, I know it's scripted etc. and people take the mick out of the wrestlers, but to be honest the actual storylines nowadays are rubbish, give me 'Stone Cold', 'HHH', 'The Rock' et al over 'The Miz', 'CM Punk' and 'Dolph Ziggler' every time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SPORT!

you truy are having a laugh Dyer my old son
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]SPORT!

you truy are having a laugh Dyer my old son[/quote]
    Oi,your nephew is watching it round his mates as we speak and he thinks its a sport........But then again he is 7!
  • Options
    It is not - by any stretch of anyone's imagination, a 'sport'.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    AAAAARGH. Bastard mobile double-post!
  • Options
    The undertaker beating triple H now thats where its at
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The undertaker beating triple H now thats where its at

I honestly can't believe you! Shocking!
  • Options
    The MIZ is AWESOME
  • Options
    Is Giant Haysticks still wrestling?

Have a good week 'till next week!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The undertaker beating triple H now thats where its at

I honestly can't believe you! Shocking!

Grow Up

[cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]The MIZ is AWESOME

beating Cena HATS OFF
  • Options
    Havent watched wrestling in years, had a look at the wrestlemania lineup and it really didnt make me want to watch it again, the only match id consider watching would be the Undertaker v Triple H match but i still probably wont watch it.

WWE had its day (1998-2001) and i really cant see the good days returning im afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Havent watched wrestling in years, had a look at the wrestlemania lineup and it really didnt make me want to watch it again, the only match id consider watching would be the Undertaker v Triple H match but i still probably wont watch it.

WWE had its day (1998-2001) and i really cant see the good days returning im afraid.

Actually, from what I have heard the HHH vs 'Taker match was old school wrestling at it's best, with taunting, thrills, spills and 2 guys genuinely exhausting eachother in the ring. I know it's fake etc. but some of the stuff they do is more realistic and enjoyable than Snooki from Jersey Shore planting a slap on a bleached-blonde-look-at-how-tight-my-speedos-are-and-the-smoothness-of-my-fake-tanned-body tit
  • Options
    I loved wrestling back in the day - Stone Cold, Shawn Micheals, Bret Hart, Undertaker etc. But the wrestlers and storylines are just awful nowadays!
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]It is not - by any stretch of anyone's imagination, a 'sport'.[/quote]

Is Gymnastics a sport? If so then wrestling is a sport as well. It may be fake but they still have to do the training. I like to see any normal bloke (let alone a huge bloke) doing a triple summersuilt from a top rope!
  • Options
    I stopped watching it when post-9/11 they briefly had an arab wrestler who would come out, speak on the mic in Arab and get booed like mental. Classy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: davy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]It is not - by any stretch of anyone's imagination, a 'sport'.

Is Gymnastics a sport? If so then wrestling is a sport as well. It may be fake but they still have to do the training. I like to see any normal bloke (let alone a huge bloke) doing a triple summersuilt from a top rope!

But isn't gymnastics competitive, which surely is a key element of "sport" ? I think wrestling is pre-arranged so is more comparable to theatre rather than sport.
  • Options
    Vince McMahon (the person) was interviewed once. He said that wrestling has the best athletes and
    the best actors in the world. Can't disagree there.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]The undertaker beating triple H now thats where its at[/quote]

I'm sorry, this was the most disappointing match on the card. Old school wrestling at its best, man, it was meant
    to be no holds barred, no rules etc!!! Where was HHH's sledgehammer?, where was taking it out to the car parking
    lot?, where was pedigrees through the announcers tables? Or tombstones?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I stopped watching it when post-9/11 they briefly had an arab wrestler who would come out, speak on the mic in Arab and get booed like mental. Classy.
    The storyline happened before 9/11 and had to be quickly wrapped up soon afterwards. As bad as that was there's been far worse things happen!!

Awful show, not sure what Bourne is on about, it's been getting worse each year since 2001.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: former addick[/cite]

I'm sorry, this was the most disappointing match on the card. Old school wrestling at its best, man, it was meant
    to be no holds barred, no rules etc!!! Where was HHH's sledgehammer?, where was taking it out to the car parking
    lot?, where was pedigrees through the announcers tables? Or tombstones?

Well, as it was in the Georgia Dome, the 'parking lot' is about 200m away, the sledgehammer made a brief appearance, but wasn't actually used, and HHH used the Tombstone, (which for the uninformed/uninterested is Undertaker's finishing manoeuvre) on 'Taker, but he broke the pinfall. Remember, amazingly WWE is now rated 'PG' which means they can't have swearing, blood, dodgy storylines involving affairs or crazed maniacs stalking poeple, or too much violence. This is the real reason it's going down the pan.
  • Options
    The Georgia Dome had far better Nitros than that crap on Sunday.