Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

John Barry - RIP

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
Heard on the news this morning that he's passed away. Some of you may not know who he was, but I would lay money that you would recognise some of the music he wrote.

RIP

Comments

• RIP

A true British genius.
  • He wrote the scores for Born Free, Goldfinger & Midnight Cowboy to name just 3. An absolute genius. RIP.
  • RIP

I understand he enjoyed a "full" life. Why not? You only live once.
  • Huge , memorable and varied repertoire of film and popular music. I first remember his backing group mainly of Adam Faith known as the John Barry Seven.
  • Today, I will mostly be listening to:

The James Bond Collection!

R.I.P John Barry
  • edited January 2011
    Rember his name first being mentioned as the musical arranger on Adam Faith's early hits and he led the 'John Barry Seven'. Might be wrong but I think his first film score was for 'Beat Girl', starring Faith and Shirley Anne Field, (with some scenes shot in Chiselhurst caves) This led to bigger and much better things! RIP.
  • RIP JOHN
  • He also wrote the (brilliant) score for "Zulu", which is how I first came to know of his work.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]He also wrote the (brilliant) score for "Zulu", which is how I first came to know of his work.

Me too - many years ago. Responsible for some of the greatest film music ever and right up there in the top echelon of composers. We will remember him by his music.
  • The Persuaders theme tune was my favourite - oh and the sublime OHMSS ski chase. Awesome. RIP John Barry