Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boilers R Us

Getting a new boiler - got a quote of this company in Eltham - anyone used them / know if they are any good?

Comments

• Brought a new boiler from Mr Central Heating last year.
    Unit 11, Capital Industrial Estate
    Crabtree Manorway South
    Belvedere, Erith, Kent. DA17 6BJ

Telephone: 0208 311 1331 | Fax: 0208 3113101

Opening Times:
    Mon-Fri: 8am-5pm - Sat: 8am-12pm
    Supply only and got my brother in law to fit it, as he is gas safe.
  • why don't you give Tavern a whisper as he supplies and fits boilers
  • Just looked at there website, look ok.

If you need another quote give us a shout, my company is Buzz Heating. Might be able to do a deal for fellow lifer.
  • stay away from Crown Plumbing & Heating next to Mottingham station, completely wrecked our house!
  • [cite]Posted By: palcafc[/cite]why don't you give Tavern a whisper as he supplies and fits boilers

Are you sure?
  • Worcester Bosch boiler supplied and fitted very reliable bloke about 16 months ago cost me between 15 and 16 hundred squids. A year before british Gas quoted £3200 (yes you have read this right) for a valliant that cost about £850...when I asked the bloke what the other two and a half grand was for he said 'the control panel' !!!...a £40 quid item!!
    it is very very easy to get ripped off...in fact my individual bloke fitted the boiler in about a day (less actually) so got a very very good day rate...he took the old one away.
  • Sounds like this was a standard combi-boiler replacement installation - Seth

Roughly £1600 is what we charge for a Worcester 24i Junior combi-Boiler replacement, should take a day to complete. BG always rip you off, they actually get many of there jobs done by contractors, so really your boiler is not being installed by BG but a local company. However, they have reduced prices recently of a standard installation but you have to remember the sales people are on commission to up sell to you.
  • fatboyshort, you're right about it being a combi replacement, and judging by what you have written it was the going rate.
    The sales people at BG must be on one hell of a commission...I mean £1600 extra over your prices is a lot of commission to spread around! I have decided to 'go local' in the future....alright I've had a lifetime of being ripped off by cowboys, but have now built up some decent contacts with gas, electric, handyman, decorator etc...what I need next is a fair car service place rather than bristol street...I have tried the big place in Wickham lane Welling, but I'm not sure about them.
  • Sorry can't help you with a decent Car service place, I have always struggled and I always feel I'm being ripped off by them.
  • Seth - have you tried New Eltham Test Centre for your car? We're generally pretty happy with them.