Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone live Slade Green way?

edited January 2011 in Not Sports Related
Have been going through some old family papers and found my dad's birth certificate which I have never seen before. Because he didn't get on with his father (I was never told why) I only met my grandfather a couple of times when I was very young. According to the certificate my father was born at 39 Hazel Road, Slade Green and I wondered if anyone might know if the house/road are still standing. As an aside, my grandfather's occupation is given as 'Locomotive Fireman', which could explain a lot!! Thanks.

Comments

• Close to the old Train sheds....I lived in Hazel Road in 1968....some flats, they Im told are long gone.
  • Thanks Tel. Being near the engine sheds makes sense: close to work for him.
  • yeah one of my friends at the time, a boy called Desmond.....his Mum worked in the railway sheds cleaning trains, we used to go and help her, but spent most of the time pretending to drive the engines and train stock...
  • Yep, still there, my pal lives on Hazel road, nice Victorian terraces.
  • Cheers CHG. Must try to have a look some time
  • just looked on the street view section of google maps

looks like 39 has gone and been replaced by flats

89 bus runs down the road
  • Didn't think of that! That's a shame, never mind, thans for looking Crusty.
  • Used to live in Slade Green years ago just off of Hazel Road great memories grtowing up as a kid