Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Whatever happened to The Likely Lads . . . . Everitt & Dickson

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
The Voice of The Valley fanzine

Probably the forerunner to this site.

So what happened to the two culprits ? Are they the people who run CL ?

I think Dickson wrote it and Mick Everitt printed it ?

Happy Days

Comments

• Options
    Very funny.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]The Voice of The Valley fanzine

Probably the forerunner to this site.

So what happened to the two culprits ? Are they the people who run CL ?

I think Dickson wrote it and Mick Everitt printed it ?

Happy Days

Maybe not quite...although it is true to say that because of his previous good work on Voice of the Valley Chris Dickson was able to secure a move to Charlton....sadly his footballing skills did not compare to his publishing skills. Last I heard of him he was somehow involved in a new Gillingham site set up by Paul Scally.
  • Options
    oh dear...

..and it was 'Dixon'
  • Options
    Dickson is now playing in Cyprus I believe
  • Options
    I saw Steve Dixon at the Valley on Saturday so he still goes
  • Options
    I think it was Dickson

He signed my programme once !
  • Options
    I saw Steve Dixon at the bar at Greenwich picture house the other week so he still drinks
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I saw Steve Dixon at the Valley on Saturday so he still goes

yeah, saw him too. Doesn't go all the time but when he can.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Was gonna let this one slide but sorry cannot help myself.

Mick EVERETT is the Operations Director of Charlton Athletic Football Club - He also happens to be my Dad.

Rick EVERITT is the Head of Club Development at Charlton & of course was co founder/writer of Voice of the Valley.

Steve Dixon was playing Vets football for Metrogas last time I saw him about 2 years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Was gonna let this one slide but sorry cannot help myself.

Mick EVERETT is the Operations Director of Charlton Athletic Football Club - He also happens to be my Dad.

Rick EVERITT is the Head of Club Development at Charlton & of course was co founder/writer of Voice of the Valley.

So you're all related ...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Was gonna let this one slide but sorry cannot help myself.

So you're all related ...........

Now that is actually funny :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]I think it was Dickson

He signed my programme once !

Are the pubs in Greenhithe open this early on a thursday morning?
  • Options
    There are many of us here who wrote articles for VOTV, but I feel certain the bulk of the work was done by Rick.
    I hear that the new Charlton Life badge is a free gift in the forthcoming VOTV 'Best of the Best' mega compilation of the fanzine highlights...apparantly there will be at least fifty pages devoted to Acworth alone!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Was gonna let this one slide but sorry cannot help myself.

Mick EVERETT is the Head of Club Development at Charlton & of course was co founder/writer of Voice of the Valley.

Rick EVERITT is the Operations Director of Charlton Athletic Football Club - He also happens to be my Dad.

Steve Dixon was playing Vets football for Metrogas last time I saw him about 2 years ago.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Was gonna let this one slide but sorry cannot help myself.

Mick EVERETT is the Head of Club Development at Charlton & of course was co founder/writer of Voice of the Valley.

Rick EVERITT is the Operations Director of Charlton Athletic Football Club - He also happens to be my Dad.

:-)
  • Options
    Purchased my first copy of VOTV from Steve outside sellout, around 1988/9 I think.
  • Options
    my wife used to type up the letters sent in for VOTV for Rick onto a floppy for him to use. Some people's hand writing was unbelievable. Meant I got to read all the letters first. Some were hilarious, including mine !!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Funnily enough so did I, Misty, but missed out on issue no.1 which I gather is now changing hands for big money with people franticly searching their attics to find their old copy to take to auction.
  • Options
    Are the original VOTVs worth anything? If so anybody want to buy .....
  • Options
    Steve Dickson works for soccerscene (Carnaby Street) and can also be seen watch Leyton Orient from time to time
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Are the original VOTVs worth anything? If so anybody want to buy[/quote]

As March said number 1. is the rare one. I have a few between 2 and 10, but sadly not the first one.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: March51[/cite]Funnily enough so did I, Misty, but missed out on issue no.1 which I gather is now changing hands for big money with people franticly searching their attics to find their old copy to take to auction.

The myth that old copies of VOTV, even No.1, are worth anything was started in VOTV itself in the Fifth Column bit. Totally untrue
  • Options

Ketman, Back in the 80s I used to work with an Addick Fan called Graham, either Everett or Everitt. He told me he was related to people involved with VOTV - a cousin a think. I always assumed he was related to Rick. Just wondered if it somebody from your family?
  • Options
    So, My copies of every VOTV are worthless ?
    might as well put them in the green bin...............
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ishgit[/cite]So, My copies ofeveryVOTV are worthless ?
    might as well put them in the green bin...............
    I'll take them to the recycling plant for you. ;-)
  • Options
    Henry, you're only saying that so unsuspecting people like MOG will indeed chuck their old mags in the bin and thus make your own pristine, first edition collection even rarer and more valuable. How can a publication which produces a rallying call such as the following have no value?

"To Charlton fans, ours is already a great club. Henry Irving wants Charlton to be a big club, one that challenges for trophies in this country and abroad

If a modest 45,000 capacity stadium will enable us to make that challenge then we must seize the opportunity."

"Do you, the Charlton supporters of today and the inheritors of the legacy, have the same vision" Quotes from an excellent article in VoTV No.92: Nov.99 by Henry.
  • Options
    No Way Ketters never knew that ;-)
  • Options

So Rick is your old Uncle then Ketman ??

Rick had a brother called Mick who was better looking and more intelligent !

Nice to keep it all in the family down at The Valley
  • Options
    Ignore ket's, he's got it the wrong way round, poor guy, Rick must have dropped him on his head a few times....

;-)
  • Options
    Kenny?