Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Leeds Play Off Final St. Andrews 1987 - Photos

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Does anyone know where i could get hold of pictures from this match?

i've had a look around the net, inc getty but had no joy.

Comments

• Options
    Pretty sure that there's footage on the Centenary History DVD. With the right software/know how, you could make your own stills.
  • Options
    i think i've got the DVD somewhere, but to be fair the screen shots wont look to crisp.
    Nice idea though, thanks.
  • Options
    Tom Morris was the man that took photos at the time of this match,must say i have many of his photos hanging in my football room at home .If he still has the negs he is your man .
  • Options
    Does Tom have any contact details?
  • Options
    Found this on youtube , any good ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJsMomtzQyg&feature=related
  • Options
    I was at the home leg absolutely loved it...

I know almost every word of this had it on VHS and watched it every night after school... obsession...
  • Options
    Reid at 6.28mins... I used to always wonder why no one got wise, he must have done that 50 times throughout his career...
  • Options
    Oh no!! none of the Charlton goals...
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Oh no!! none of the Charlton goals...[/quote]

I only realised that after posting , seems strange to only show the Leeds goal .
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: fadgadget[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: mascot88[/cite]Oh no!! none of the Charlton goals...[/quote]

I only realised that after posting , seems strange to only show the Leeds goal .[/quote]

think it was posted by some still sour, northern numpty
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a player garth crooks was in those games showed a tonnage of bottle took no prisoners in the tackles either
  • Options
    I was one of the outnumbered few- it was a very intimidating atmosphere but a brilliant feeling.
  • Options
    i was all three games,wonderful displays
  • Options
    one of those where you had to be there. Went by coach, jimmymelrose bunked off school early, outnumbered but fun. Racing back to the coach afterwards and straight into work at about 2am to finish off the overnight computer run. Stopped in the Old Kent Road at about 7am on way home to buy the papers to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Happy days indeed.
  • Options
    Yep I was at all 3, after the St Andrews game all the coaches stopped at Watford Gap services
  • Options
    highlights here.
    jumpy at first andtaking a while to load but that could be my 'puter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]one of those where you had to be there. Went by coach, jimmymelrose bunked off school early, outnumbered but fun. Racing back to the coach afterwards and straight into work at about 2am to finish off the overnight computer run. Stopped in the Old Kent Road at about 7am on way home to buy the papers to make sure I hadn't dreamt it. Happy days indeed.

Did I really bunk off school early? I can't believe Mum let me do that. Wasn't it during half term?
    Whatever the case, I can safely say that none of my classmates ever experienced anything like that. The race back to the coach to escape the Leeds fans was both scary and exhilarating.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]highlights here.
    jumpy at first andtaking a while to load but that could be my 'puter.

This is good. There are some other good videos here too. Just watched the half time of the 'last match' at The Valley.