Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

My big fat gypsy wedding

what colour is that brides mum?

Comments

• Options
    There are two games of football on tonight, you better have a very good excuse for watching crap like that.
  • Options
    Grandma looked like David Dickinson!
  • Options
    The Bride's mum would have fitted well into the Black and White Minstrels, she looked more like a Gypsy than the gypsies. Last week was so funny it's going to be difficult to add anything new, apart from the question of evictions. I thought, looking at those 6 and 8 year olds, that it was all a bit sad but I bet that Dressmaker is pulling in a few bob. What we are not seeing is how the men are earning what appears to be a good living, wonder what their tax codes are ?
  • Options
    TAX?!!!!! Don't you use them swear words on here. You'll be accusing them of picking up their crap when leaving a site next!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: tangoflash[/cite]TAX?!!!!! Don't you use them swear words on here. You'll be accusing them of picking up their crap when leaving a site next!

Whats a "tax code"???? Is it a secret password you have to give before buying nails!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Granpa[/cite]The Bride's mum would have fitted well into the Black and White Minstrels, she looked more like a Gypsy than the gypsies. Last week was so funny it's going to be difficult to add anything new, apart from the question of evictions. I thought, looking at those 6 and 8 year olds, that it was all a bit sad but I bet that Dressmaker is pulling in a few bob. What we are not seeing is how the men are earning what appears to be a good living, wonder what their tax codes are ?

The dress maker certainly is making money (very nice car) but I bet she has to pay a fair amount of tax on he income, unlike a lot of travellers who can dodge the tax man's radar.
    She will never discuss money but if asked how long a dress takes to make, will discuss this ( she did on the one off program last year). From this you can get rough idea of the costs.
  • Options
    Sky plussed it last night and it was the first thing I watched when I got home. I have to say grabbing seems to take a lot of the finesse out of pulling IMO
  • Options
    We all did it at 1:45am at Zens - just didnt know it was called grabbing back then....
  • Options
    I love the way so many of the men are "Scrap metal collectors".

I never know there was so much scrap metal around just waiting to be taken away for free.
  • Options
    Watching this now on C4, the guy who said "you know what I mean" at the end of every comment made me laugh.

Actually did a research project last year on whether Law in the UK is compatible with a Nomadic Lifestyle. Was a really interesting topic as despite their faults and believe me I am not saying they are perfect, Travellers are treated terribly in some instances and it is no surprise to hear they don't want to interact and live what we would call a "normal" lifestyle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This grabbing lark is basically kidnap those girls were crying ffs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]I love the way so many of the men are "Scrap metal collectors".

I never know there was so much scrap metal around just waiting to be taken away for free.
    My train was delayed because some of these cheeky funsters had "found" some scrap copper that was "lying around" in the signalling equipment.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite] ...it is no surprise to hear they don't want to interact and live what we would call a "normal" lifestyle.

Unless that interaction takes the form of targeting the elderly or otherwise vulnerable members of our society?
  • Options
    nothing like a sweeping generalisation BA
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]nothing like a sweeping generalisation BA

Not really, I'm basing it on my own personal experience of dealing with the travelling community and their victims and the many reports and research that has been done into the issue.
  • Options
    while im not a traveller i know quite a few and i actually take offence to that comment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]while im not a traveller i know quite a few and i actually take offence to that comment.

Not intended as offensive and your experience of their community is clearly different to mine and that's great. Regretably I think the image of them being a little bit dodgy and maybe charging a bit OTT for the left over tarmac or being a bit free and easy with their tax returns is outdated. There's reams of research out there indicating that victims of doorstep crime like this are many, many times more likely to fall victim to it again and other types of crime like distraction burglary.

Interviews with offenders from the community have indicated that information on the whereabouts of vulnerable people who have access to cash is passed (and indeeed sold) on to others in the same way that otehr businesses pass on leads.
  • Options
    I have to say they all do look quite similar, the girls love a good dressup and the boys love their hair grease

Grabbing and 8 year olds dancing like ho's, that simply ain't right, I don't care about the "culture" defence.

just like 20 years olds drinking themselves into oblivion in town centres, these days can be laughed off a modern culture, it's not, its still wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kings hill addick[/cite]I love the way so many of the men are "Scrap metal collectors".

Loads of it - But it has been causing havoc with London Underground, and the Central Line in Essex!
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Don't tend to watch these type of programmes but after reading this thread i noticed an episode was showing the other night and decided to sit and watch it. Didn't change my opinion of these low life inbred thieving spongers one iota. As for that "princess castle" wedding cake? OMFG!!!!
    I managed to endure this tosh up to where the lads went off to the cattle market to buy a horse for sex before an ad break brought me to my senses and quickly changed channel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know and went to school with many many Pikeys---and having watched them mug kids for their dinner money for years and years with nothing being done dont buy that " iknow one thats nice and fluffy" cods wallop------take offence ? tough shit. The only way i eventually got to eat at my school was planting one of em and risking geting stomped. It worked they moved onto their next"mark". I liked the way the scum bags drove round that round accident with the guy still on the floor, up on the pavement etc etc and when asked why they did it "its our way" no mate your just a lump of kak. If thats all right me chavi keker (mate in pikey lingo)

any other community and some of whats being put on that show is child abuse.
  • Options
    Face like a das faitment

and a mooey like a gries geere

say that to one of them and watch them go fooking spanner
  • Options
    bit racist this thread
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]bit racist this thread

Is 'Gypo' a race??

Thought it was a life choice.
  • Options
    funny how this is accepted on here but anything else race related gets nitted
  • Options
    Gypsy is not racist. Pikey however is racist how any one can stick up for these kidnapping wrong uns is beyond me!
  • Options
    i find mugging a henious crime what minority excells at this??? but everyone on here would be uproar if we called them mugging so and so
  • Options
    To be fair we let this lot get away with "grabbing" because it's their culture.
  • Options
    mate im not keen on much of it myself,just seems accepted that irish travellers are fair game unlike other races.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]funny how this is accepted on here but anything else race related gets nitted[/quote]
    100% agree.