Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC 606 online to close

JTJT
edited January 2011 in Other Football and Sports
More traffic for Charlton Life...

Link

Comments

• Options
    Whichever forum you may prefer, this is poor on the part of the BBC.

Obviously not just football that is affected but the whole spectrum of sport. I like reading the American sports views and it is also a good way to catch up on developments which are not covered by the media.

If they concentrated on getting rid of dross programmes and highly paid non entities then maybe it wouldn't be necessary to remove a site like 606.
  • Options
    What will Nick Gray do now....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]What will Nick Gray do now....

Oh no! He couldn't....... could he?
  • Options
    I didn't realise the forums were quite that ancient - formed in 2003. Paying people to moderate WUMs is a business model that cannot be sustainable.

However, it is a bit sad for fans of less mainstream sports where 606 may be one of the only places where that sport is discussed. They could of course create their own forum...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]What will Nick Gray do now....

Probably try and register on here for the 9th time....

Cutbacks are never easy to make, something always has to give. Personally i think the 606 forums conflict a little with what the BBC 'try' to achieve, which apparently is high-quality, informative coverage of sport, so wasting money moderating and providing bandwidth to every club's opinioned oik when there are independent and commercial sites that provide the same is pretty much wasted resource.

Can imagine the moderating is particularly a burden, especially in these times of potential legal issues where you have to be particularly guarded about what unqualified people post about other people on a public platform.
  • Options
    I didnt even know there was 606 forum
  • Options
    Won't be missed , this site is much better, although I did enjoy reading what other teams fans thought about their clubs.