Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ian Holloway (ed. Gone from palace, still at Millwall)

Personally, I think the bloke's a good manager & I enjoy listening to him, but he's being a touch inconsistent here :-

Ian Holloway has suggested coveted playmaker Charlie Adam could be worth £46million due to what Blackpool will earn should they avoid relegation.

The Scottish international has been linked with a host of clubs in recent weeks, with Aston Villa making bids of £2.5million and £3.5million.

The Blackpool boss has branded these offers as "derisory" for a player with 18 months left on his contract .

Seperately he said :-

Ian Holloway has indicated a deal for Peterborough duo George Boyd and Craig Mackail-Smith has stalled.

The Blackpool manager has hit out at what he perceives to be inflated valuations of players in the game.

The outspoken manager has said he will not pay in the region of £4million for the two transfer targets.

Holloway was recently aggrieved at only being offered £3.5million for Charlie Adam, a player he believes should be valued significantly higher.

"We were only offered £3.5million for Charlie Adam. Peterborough want that for two lads who were in a team that got relegated from the Championship," said Holloway .

Comments

• Options
    He offered £30k for Bradley Wright-Phillips.

Pinch of salt.
  • Options
    Thought I would use this rather than starting a new post

it sounds like he was in crisis talks tonight with Parish and they will be meeting again tomorrow,To me it sounds like he resigned but Parish said sleep on it but would not be surprised if he goes and i reckon Pardew could go back to the Stripey Nigels
  • Options
    Pards going back is a big call - shame if he goes, though. Maybe Championship is his level?
  • Options
    Why would Pardew move from Newcastle to relegation certainties?
  • Options

He wouldn't. He's doing a half decent job at the Barcodes. Palace are going down. No way would he go back.

• Options
    Not a chance Pardon't will be going to the freaks. Wish he did, though. Two birds in one stone, get both of the bastards in the Champ.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Still got about 6/7 years on his contract aint he (pardew)? They couldnt afford to buy that out..
  • Options
    I had to laught when I heard him say that maybe him AND the chairman purchased too many players and might have got it wrong. So, he is now starting to blame the chairman! No Ian, you told him who and what you wanted, and he went and got them for you!!
  • Options
    MattD said:

Still got about 6/7 years on his contract aint he (pardew)? They couldnt afford to buy that out..

Some sort of rolling contract I believe. Ashley is a lot more shrewd than he's given credit for.
  • Options
    Chris Coleman? Not been offered a new Wales deal. Ex Palace. Hmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Powell to Nigel's?
  • Options
    Holloway's a crap manager.
  • Options
    I saw him being interviewed before the game last night , he looked and sounded like a broken man . He was nt making any sense to me in how he was going to play the game . Think he's a goner
  • Options

He wouldn't. He's doing a half decent job at the Barcodes. Palace are going down. No way would he go back.

You mean he's assisting Joe Kinnear well at the Barcodes??
  • Options

LOL, has got two unfancied teams promotion to the premier league. Obviously crap.

• Options

Mediocre but lucky manager. Palace fell away in the league under him last season. His shortcomings now look exposed.

His ramblings are good copy for the media, and may impress fans and local players. Overseas players may wonder if they are working for Worzel Gummidge's deranged brother.

A ruthless club owner would have removed Holloway from his post prior to the start of the season.
  • Options

LOL, has got two unfancied teams promotion to the premier league. Obviously crap.

And took them straight back down.
  • Options
    Their form under Holloway last season was mid-table at best - scraped into the play-offs despite him rather than because of him, having made a good start under the previous manager.

Used to be a good manager, but seems to have run out of ideas. His rants and rambles used to be funny, just sounds like someone slowly losing the plot these days.

Hope they keep him on for a bit, they've got the makings of a record-breakingly poor season with him in charge.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Their form under Holloway last season was mid-table at best - scraped into the play-offs despite him rather than because of him, having made a good start under the previous manager.

Used to be a good manager, but seems to have run out of ideas. His rants and rambles used to be funny, just sounds like someone slowly losing the plot these days.

Hope they keep him on for a bit, they've got the makings of a record-breakingly poor season with him in charge.

good post .. He'll be gone by Christmas I suspect
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I think he might be on his way soon.Apparently he has a 'meeting' with the Chairman today.

Realistically I'm not sure what Palace can expect to achieve this season.Holloway seems to have done a Pardew and purchased quantity over quality with his 15 new players.It looks to me to be a squad which was built with next season and a return to the Championship in mind with a few panic buys thrown in .The most striking example of this is Florian Marange a French left back who was brought in the window and couldn't even make the 25 man squad.Personally I was also shocked when he omitted Owen Garvan who I believe was a top player for them last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrLargo said:

good post .. He'll be gone by Christmas I suspect
    He'll be gone by the end of the month.

Sunderland have kept him in his job so far.
  • Options
    I thought Holloway lost the plot at the start of the summer break.

He was ranting about being unable to sign any players. He was clearly panicing.

I think that after that, he just panic bought anyone that said they'd sign.

Before last night's game, he was saying that it was his hardest job in football to keep Palace up.

I remarked that his words & demeanour were demotivating & he'd be gone soon.

Could you imagine Powell saying before the Blackburn game, that it was his hardest job in football & he'd do really well to keep Charlton up !

• Options

I thought Holloway lost the plot at the start of the summer break.

He was ranting about being unable to sign any players. He was clearly panicing.

I think that after that, he just panic bought anyone that said they'd sign.

Before last night's game, he was saying that it was his hardest job in football to keep Palace up.

I remarked that his words & demeanour were demotivating & he'd be gone soon.

Could you imagine Powell saying before the Blackburn game, that it was his hardest job in football & he'd do really well to keep Charlton up !

It's the kind of thing that pardew would say
  • Options
    Be gone by sunday night
  • Options
    I hope he's in charge for the Aresenal game, I want to see an absolute drubbing! We don't want to players all fired up and nicking a point.
  • Options

I hope he's in charge for the Aresenal game, I want to see an absolute drubbing! We don't want to players all fired up and nicking a point.

Indeed. He's clearly on the way out, if he can hold out til the weekend then he could potentially bow out with a proper humiliation - I'll be disappointed with anything less than 6 Arsenal goals to be honest!
  • Options
    Palace’s form from January in the Championship was bottom half at best. I don’t blame Holloway, he did well to take them up. The problem is, he has lost, for different reasons, Zaha and Murray – arguably their 2 best players. He tried to sign Bent who would have been a big signing for them. But he didn’t have much option other than to take a punt on a few and hope they worked out. The problem is that he has to compete in the Premiership, with a team that is worse than an average championship team! They really were not equipped to go up – but they will be better for the money.

Holloway is just trying to get them to play their hearts out as he knows that is all they can offer! The way they started yesterday was a credit to hi I thought, but even a rubbish premiership team like Fulham have that bit of quality, Palace don't!
  • Options
    It is a strange one, Palace must be the first team to start a prem season after promotion with a team significantly worse than the one they got promoted with. I predicted relegation before they'd even secured promotion as everybody knew there was no way they could replace Zaha.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Indeed. He's clearly on the way out, if he can hold out til the weekend then he could potentially bow out with a proper humiliation - I'll be disappointed with anything less than 6 Arsenal goals to be honest!
    I like this comment, made me laugh.
  • Options
    Let's face it, Palace wouldn't have even made the playoffs without Zaha, let alone been promoted.