Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parky overlooked by Pardew??? (Newcastle)

Looks like Parky was over looked by Pardew when looking for his no.2 at Newcastle. Thought it was a bit odd and has gone with Carver, after failing with Peter Grant and Powell!

I heard rumours they had a bit of a falling out after the saints home game last season? Maybe they dont see eye to eye anymore!

Poor old Parky!

Comments

• I don't think Parky will be out of a job for long - there are a few L1 and 2 clubs where he'd do a more than decent job and I guess he'd much prefer another go at manager than as assistant
  • Surely not working with Pardew can only be a good thing
  • Newcastle fans are warming to pardew it seems, i reckon parky was approached by Pards and he turned him down.
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]Newcastle fans are warming to pardew it seems, i reckon parky was approached by Pards and he turned him down.

It won't last, he's had a honeymoon period at all his clubs. With exception of reading it's always turned sour after a season or two.
  • Don't think he even had a honeymoon period at West Ham - took him over 2 years to win over the fans there only to lose it big time after 1 good year in Prem
  • Anyone hear him on Sportsweek on Sunday? The usual guff about getting the Chairman to trust him with the dosh, becasue he's got a good track record of buying players. Yeah...he buys them all right. Whether or not he gets them to perform is a completely different thing!
  • Mark my words, there is no way those two will ever work together again.
  • [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]Mark my words, there is no way those two will ever work together again.

Parkinson seemed to all but repudiate Pardew's way of working as soon as he took over. I doubt he'd want to return to living in his shadow now.