Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scoreboard

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Now that we have new owners , do you think we might be getting the scoreboard working again or possibly, even working better with no glitches? It probably needs a good service. The main thing I miss is the time- If I forget to check my watch as the game kicks off, there is no way of accurately knowing how long is left as we have no clocks on display.

Comments

• Options
    better things to spend the money on - like the players
  • Options
    Wouldn't want the scorebaord above a player but both might be good. I think it is a symbol of our demise sitting there unsused in the corner and turning it back on- might be symbolic in that things are looking up.
  • Options
    lo fi junior (aged 12) commented on the irony that we have npower sponsorship around the ground / programme etc, but cannot afford the electricity for a scoreboard. perhaps somebody could do a deal here ??
  • Options
    Gotta say, the scoreboard was looking nice and sharp last night. Me with my Mr magoo eyesight had no trouble with it.

Might get one of those for my living room..............
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    i thought they may have given it a trial run with teams and clock etc but maybe the costs involved aren't worthwhile for such a low key fixture
    looking forward to seeing it in a few days 
    hopefully the sound for it will be sorted cos last season quite often you could see pictures but not hear the relevant audio 
  • Options
    wasn't running to full capacity last night

full show for first game
  • Options
    Great resolution. Look forward to seeing the FEEEESH.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's a great improvement.  Got to agree with oohaah about teams though.  How difficult is it to put a list up? 
  • Options
    As good as it looked I still wonder how easy it will be to read from the back of the north upper.
  • Options
    As good as it looked I still wonder how easy it will be to read from the back of the north upper.
    This.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i thought they may have given it a trial run with teams and clock etc but maybe the costs involved aren't worthwhile for such a low key fixture
    looking forward to seeing it in a few days 
    hopefully the sound for it will be sorted cos last season quite often you could see pictures but not hear the relevant audio 
    The audio should never be played during the match, I assume you mean at half-time? The audio will be played through the existing PA system.
  • Options
    yeah during half time or before the game they'd have a video of powelly /peacock or someone and the audio wasn't audible
  • Options
    I f*cking hate that fish
  • Options

We're working on the audio, could be down to my crappy old USB soundcard. It didn't sound good when we tested it last night.

Dan (Bream) needs to tweak the software as the aspect ratio of the new screen is 16:9, the old one was 4:3

And if you remember the Leyton Orient Cup game all those years ago when we were a Premiership Side, we used Powerpoint to put up scores, it looked awful!

The main thing was that it worked last night, it'll be even better on the 6th.

• Options
    will the fish be back?
  • Options
    To be honest it was good when it glitched as it gave you something to watch during last season when we were playing crap 
  • Options

Teams would have been nice last night.

I bought a program so I could identify the new signings...... no numbers against the players names in the program.... never mind, we're sitting quite close so I can read the players names on their shirts....... no I can't, no names on the shirts.... well, we kind of worked them out ourselves in the end.                     

• Options
    Impossible to see the score or more importantly the time elapsed last night. Frankly I'd rather just have a big electronic scoreboard than the tv screen.
  • Options
    I hear it's being replaced by a plasma from the Crossbars lounge.
  • Options
    i think we should go retro and have the old scoreboard that was up by the Sam Bartram entrance
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    buckshee said:

Impossible to see the score or more importantly the time elapsed last night. Frankly I'd rather just have a big electronic scoreboard than the tv screen.

There was 2 goals mate hardly a 6-6 thriller to keep track off.
    Most of the world has a phone or a watch to check the time
    It was a friendly im sure it will be back to normal shit with a fcking fish flying through and a update on who has a yellow card soon enough

• Options

buckshee said:

There was 2 goals mate hardly a 6-6 thriller to keep track off.
    Most of the world has a phone or a watch to check the time
    It was a friendly im sure it will be back to normal shit with a fcking fish flying through and a update on who has a yellow card soon enough

You say everyone has a phone or watch to check the time.

But everyone is at the match why on earth do we need to see the match we are watching live on a tv screen.

During a match I would say I look at the screen 15/20 times either checking time, remembering bookings or seeing who other teams players are.

Last night I looked once, saw it was showing the game I was watching live and didnt look at screen again.