Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kevin Cash

edited January 2011 in General Charlton
Not sure if this has already been posted, apologies if it has. Must be a slow day for Digger, as this seems really remote speculation.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jan/07/sepp-blatter-smaller-european-leagues

Charlton Athletic fans are wondering whether Kevin Cash, a super-wealthy property developer, has funded the club's recent takeover.

The Addicks' newly installed chairman, Michael Slater, is an 11% shareholder and the chairman of Reflex Vehicle Solutions, a car-rental firm of which Cash's Rose Property Holdings owns pretty much all of the remaining 89%. Charlton are obliged under Football League rules to announce all backers who own more than 10% of the club, and they have declared only Slater and Tony Jimenez as the major shareholders. A spokesman for the pair confirmed yesterday: "The majority owners of the club are Tony and Michael; there are several minority shareholders who each have less than 10% in the holding company."

There is obviously no reason to disbelieve the spokesman but neither is there any way of independently checking – not even for the Football League. As revealed here on Tuesday, Charlton's parent company, CAFC Holdings, is registered in the British Virgin Islands, where shareholders and directors need not be disclosed.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2011
    5 times?

Nice Edit! Haha

Interesting stuff anyways
  • Options
    Am I the only one that finds this very worrying?
  • Options
    Fussy.

Take it he won't be venturing up to the North stand for a pastie!
  • Options
    If i had 500million id like to think my wife would be better looking and younger...
  • Options
    Saw this court case at the time - but never saw the outcome. Does anyone know the outcome ?
    I believe that Michael Slater was the person that actually fired the bloke.
    Cash was claiming that he couldn't be responsible, because he didn't actually employ him. He was employed by a "company".
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    [cite]Posted By: oldbloke[/cite]If i had 500million id like to think my wife would be better looking and younger...
    Hell yeah!
    And I wouldn't blow my dough on a no mark club like Charlton. ;-)
  • Options
    Wonder if our very own ;-) Mr Cash is about to be dragged up in this?:

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/295092/Wife-in-400m-divorce-to-reveal-mystery-backer-
  • Options
    Cash is 48, the article says he's 50
  • Options
    The article is not talking about Cash
  • Options
    The article is not talking about Cash
    That's what I thought last night but didn't want to post in case I was missing something !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The ex mrs would make a very interesting would ya
  • Options
    Just read the standard.
    " It is big business behind this" says the ex wife. " it is just not a divorce. It involves offshore companies registered in tax havens. THIS MONEY SHOULD BE GOING INTO THE ECONOMY"
    I'm sure KC said amen to that!;-)
  • Options
    £27,500 pm maintenance for 2 teenage daughters !!!!!

I know bringing up kids is expensive (I have 3 under 10 ) but that figure is ludicrous. I'm not saying im on his side, but any sensible person can see that no-one needs that about of money to live on...........perhaps if he was told he had to pay £2k pm then he may well have complied.
  • Options

She's a model??? Looks more like the contents of a Tesco "Beef" burger!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

I saw better looking horses in the Olympic dressage event !

• Options
    BIG_ROB said:

You beat me to it. The first thing I thought when I saw her face was "she's been on the burgers"
  • Options
    The model is not the woman in the story, that is the ex wife.
  • Options

£27,500 pm maintenance for 2 teenage daughters !!!!!

I know bringing up kids is expensive (I have 3 under 10 ) but that figure is ludicrous. I'm not saying im on his side, but any sensible person can see that no-one needs that about of money to live on...........perhaps if he was told he had to pay £2k pm then he may well have complied.

To be fair if the bloke is worth £400M+ then paying his two daughters £2K pcm is not enough. I would imagine they were at Private School with the trimmings, plus what Dad would not want the best for his kids. Sure he says he lost the lot but I would bet thats only because he can't remember the account number for the offhore account it all sits in.
  • Options
    Pure speculation but wonder if the divorce was a reason that KC stopped his on-going funding of Charlton last March?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Pure speculation but wonder if the divorce was a reason that KC stopped his on-going funding of Charlton last March?

Wasn't the story in the press at the time that KC was actually one of the ex-wife's financial backers in her case? The comments she has made about going after Young's corporate friends suggests that it may have been better to be in the tent p***ing out!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Wasn't the story in the press at the time that KC was actually one of the ex-wife's financial backers in her case? The comments she has made about going after Young's corporate friends suggests that it may have been better to be in the tent p***ing out!
    Quite possible. Not really followed this side of it so not sure.
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Quite possible. Not really followed this side of it so not sure.

Thought it was...here's the story. Remember it being posted at the time.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1261285/Kevin-Cash-Meet-elusive-millionaire-bankrolling-Michelle-Young-bitter-400m-divorce.html
  • Options
    Sure he says he lost the lot but I would bet thats only because he can't remember the account number for the offhore account it all sits in.
    He should ask 'Arry's dog. I'm sure Rosie would know.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

The same financial backers she said she would reveal once the case reaches a conclusion.
    No wonder cash pulled out if he was bankrolling her. Seems a bit high maintenance!
  • Options
    edited January 2013

TelMc32 said:

The same financial backers she said she would reveal once the case reaches a conclusion.
    No wonder cash pulled out if he was bankrolling her. Seems a bit high maintenance!
    I think the ones to worry will be the ones who backer her ex. The court has decided he is being evasive and lying about where his wealth has gone. If she brings the cases threatened against those who backed him, it could prove very embarrassing for some very high-profile businessmen in this country.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    '
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Sure he says he lost the lot but I would bet thats only because he can't remember the account number for the offhore account it all sits in.
    He should ask 'Arry's dog. I'm sure Rosie would know.

Unfortunately Rosie the dog has died...

• Options
    RIP Rosie
  • Options

RIP Rosie

Did she leave a will?