Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Oak Saturday morning has a 10am licence

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
Just letting you know in case you need a pre match quencher!! Bit early mind...

Comments

• Excellent. Might get served my midday then....
  • I haven't been in the Oak on a match day since the previous management left but I know that all the staff that used to be there have changed as well. Is it really that bad now?
  • Not enough staff, none of which were "match fit". One guy was drinking with gave the barman his order and then he walked off and served someone else........ funny at the time mind!
  • Just down to lack of organisation then - i.e the right/wrong staff - I suppose! I know the previous guv could be a bit grumpy at times but he did have it well organised given the space imposed restrictions. Must be losing potential revenue then if people can't get served quick enough and either don't get served or don't stay for another!
  • i haven't been in there this season myself......and won't till 30th sept. am hoping its improved by then
  • Maybe it's just teething problems but I seem to recall that the new guy had a couple of games at the end of last season so should have an idea of how it's done. Not rocket science really - make sure you are well stocked with booze and change and serve everyone as quick as possible. It does need staff who know what they are doing and have the right attitude of course!