Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton reject a bid from West Ham...

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
For Herman H. Just been on SSN. £2.5m. Curbishley must either be getting very desparate or he's trying to unsettle all of our players. Expect further bids for Luke Young, John Fortune and Kevin Lisbie.

Comments

• Options
    take it!!!!!!
  • Options
    2.5 for HH????

i dont think curbs is going to be very good with this wheeling and dealing witha big budget.
  • Options
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=444878&CPID=8&clid=33&lid=2&title=Hammers+fail+with+Hermann+bid&channel=football_home&

Bloody hell, pity they didn't offer that a few weeks ago - I still say take it, it is too good to be true.
    Maybe we can exchange for Mullins?
  • Options
    i really can't understand why we haven't bitten his hand, arm and half of the rest of his body off
  • Options
    which leads me to think that isn't the price on offer.

Don't rule this one out...
  • Options
    TAKE THE CASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cant be true.......
  • Options
    yes could it be a paltry 500k offer then working up to 2.5 mill if he plays for them without getting injured consistently over the next 10 sesaons?
  • Options
    Could be 500k plus a £1m if they stay up and £1m if we go down.
  • Options
    I don't care if it's paid at a rate of £1 a week for the next 2,500,000 weeks - you take that for a 'past it' 32 year old who's soon to be out of contract.

It can't be true.
  • Options
    Ledge Knos - formerly known at Arfur will be ranting that we did not accept this offer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I reckon we've leaked it, to undermine Curbs' reputation with the Hammers fans prior to our game on the 24th.
  • Options
    IF it's 2.5k then take it. We may miss him but he's nearly 32 and out of contract at the end of the season. Even if it's 1.5m still take it. Neill is out for a month and WestHam are desperate. Otherwise use HH as a bargaining tool for Mullins. Don't really want Harewood although I'd prefer him to Bent M and Haseelbaink. See Ashton is out long term, maybe the season. Good article in the Mail saying Curbs has so far bought an average midfielder (Quashie), an unambitious right back on high wages (Neill) and an under-achiever (Boa Morte) and will still take West Ham down as he is a 'man without a plan'.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    In the name of the lord 2.5M for HH there is a god.

TAKE THE GODDAMNED MONEY

Bloody hell Curb It - was it that obvious
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I reckon we've leaked it, to undermine Curbs' reputation with the Hammers fans prior to our game on the 24th.

I think you could be right........ the way hes handled everything is a man under pressure.........

Cant wait for the 24th!!!!!!!!!!

Im already nervous........ first game since spurs for me........
  • Options
    Even if it is true I doubt the figure is correct. But assuming it is what you have to ask is why is Curbs so desperate to have HH. Not only are all his defenders crocked but he had no leaders, shouters, ranters on the pitch or in the dressing room. That is why, I guess, he want HH and just why we shouldn't see him to Wham UNLESS we can get a couple of decent players in return eg Tevez, Reo-coker, Sheringham, Zamora
  • Options
    Fair point Henry - the same argument (albeit diluted somewhat) applies as for Dent.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    .... but here is a reason maybe we would take the money ?

Greg Halford: www.football.co.uk

as good as he may be though, cannot see that we should be spending money on a right back - and I wouldn't countenance a generous bid for Young at this stage - we need him.

PS I see Leon Barnett is also a Reading target
  • Options
    So close to the end of the window, even if the figure of £2.5m is right, the money isn't much good to us unless we have a deal lined up already.

However if we had the opportunity to swap HH, who lets be honest is well past his best and out of contract at the end of the season anyway, for one of west ham's many strikers (Harewood, Zamora or Cole) then personally I think we should have done a deal.
  • Options
    Pards values HH. He's already said so, well before this bid.

Maybe, HH is only an average player, and at 32 probably his best years are behind him.

But Pards is trying to build a team of people with character, guts and passion.
    That's one of the principle attributes of a team that wins a relegation dogfight.

It's not surprising that Mr Curbishley wants to bring in someone he already knows and trusts, to provide what's missing from his team.

And amongst all todays prima donna's and mercenaries, those qualities are priceless.
  • Options
    character and guts are laudible, and that's an excellent argument there Oggy.

I admire HH greatly, but those qualities aren't that great during a match when a centre forward knows how to win a free kick against him centrally, two yards outside the box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the same HH who has been relegated with 3/4 other teams previously as well, that said he is a formidible character and personally I would have him ahead of El Karkouri