Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++2010/11 Takeover complete - Owners unknown, Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez fronting+++

Comments

• Options
    I think Wise could still make an appearance at some point but I think he may have just been asked to watch a few matches, have a look at the players and decide if they are good enough to get us promoted and report back to Jiminez and Slater.
  • Options
    In the OS statement he mentions potential in the south east region, and they intend to capitalise on this....discuss
  • Options
    Who are these 2 guys - I am on handheld and can't get much info.
  • Options
    Who are these 2 guys - I am on handheld and can't get much info.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valiantphil[/cite]In the words of Johnny Rotten "ever get the feeling you bin cheated ?"

What was you expecting??

I'd imagine the buyers want to invest soundly get us up a league and sell to big money, why would anyone with billions buy a league one club

Agreed, Anything was better than the alternative admin. We will have some money just not mllions!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]In the OS statement he mentions potential in the south east region, and they intend to capitalise on this....discuss

Surely any business in the South East region is looking to capitalise on the Olympics in 2012. No major surprise there.

Slater is on SSN in a minute.
  • Options
    Slater about to appear on SSN.

Personally I'm just glad it's finally happened.
  • Options
    Interview with Slater on SSN after the ad break
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Who are these 2 guys - I am on handheld and can't get much info.

Minty & Dennis Wise
  • Options
    look wise will be involved down the line fuck me its happening deal with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    interview in a sec on ssn
  • Options
    Slater will be on Sky news next
  • Options
    I want to know who is paying for the club, and where they get their money from, and how much they may spend/invest....I have never heard of any of the businesses quoted on the OS, can someone assure me real money is involved?
  • Options
    Really pleased to see that Varney has a role in the new system. Glad it's finally all done and dusted. Now lets just sit back and see what they have in mind for us. The next month will show what there true intentions are.

So what do we talk about now...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]look wise will be involved down the line fuck me its happening deal with it.
    Just been denied on twitter

CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic
    Asked about Dennis Wise's much-rumoured involvement in the takeover, Slater said: "That's not the case at all." (MW) #cafc
  • Options
    So we won't be wearing tea towels and travelling to The Valley on camels then? At least administration isn't likely now and we'll have some money to spend.

Hopefully this is the day where we build again.
  • Options
    yes there is real money involved otherwise varney would not of accepted not big money but enough!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PL54[/cite]Who are these 2 guys - I am on handheld.

Blimey! It's not THAT exciting.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Funds available - not millions
  • Options
    Slater has a Morrissey barnet, so that's a positive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ''sit down with Phil and see what he needs''
  • Options
    Sounds like he intends to keep Parky on for now and will spend some money but not "millions of pounds"
  • Options
    don't want wise!
  • Options
    Slater "we will improve things on the pitch"
  • Options
    Nominal cost involved in the take over the new owners taking on responsibility for managing the debt, the debt will stay with the club. They will sit down and Phil and work out what he needs in terms of players.

Slater is being very guarded in his responses, understandably so.
  • Options
    ''no reason why we can't be in the Premier League in the near future''
  • Options
    Michael Slater on SSN - Nominal payment,new owners responsible for debts, sit down with Phil and understand his needs, club needs to be managed properly with the right support which we will give, the club will move forward, like to see gates increasing, will improve things on pitch, undecided fans brought back
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Slater has a Morrissey barnet, so that's a positive.

Always trust people with quiffs
  • Options
    Slightly underwhelmed to be honest. Swiss based, I wonder who is actually behind the money. Hopefully we can move onwards now.
  • Options
    So we won't be wearing tea towels and travelling to The Valley on camels then? At least administration isn't likely now and we'll have some money to spend.

Hopefully this is the day where we build again.