Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**CHANGE OF GUEST** for Bromley Addicks meeting Tuesday 15th March

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
EDIT

Due to a event this Tuesday which all the players have to attend Jackson and Worner are no longer available.

Richard Murray has agreed to move forward his appearance scheduled for May to Tuesday night.

This will be a members only meeting as normal. If you are not a member of Bromley Addicks or have yet to pay your subs you can pay on the door. £5 adults, £3 OAP, free to students.

Before the conspiracy theorists start Bromley Addicks were told about this last Thursday and Chris Powell was kind enough to ring to apologise for the double booking. Richard confirmed his attendance before the Brentford game kicked off.

Same venue, 8.00pm start, raffle prizes etc. See you there.

The mandatory requirement for the new owners and manager to come to our meetings was nearly a deal breaker for the takeover I can reveal. However it has now been settled as we've promised not to let Richard Redden, Syd Cheesewright or AFKA ask any questions. We've asked so will get them down when we can.

So far this season we've already had Phil Parkinson in September, David White and Steve Kavanagh in October and Colin Walsh, Garry Nelson, John Bumstead, Steve Gritt and Roger Alwyn in December. Three excellent meetings with excellent guests.

Dates for 2011 are:

NEXT MEETING TUESDAY 15 MARCH - Johnnie Jackson and Ross Worner. Two players whose shirts are sponsored by Bromley Addicks 8.00pm start.

10 May 2011 All ticket meeting end of season meeting. Guest to be the usual bloke. Members Only.

You don't have to be a member (other than for the May meeting) you can just turn up and see if you like it or not. We're pretty sure if you do come along to one or two you see that it is worth the membership fee of £5 for adults, £3 for over 60’s and nothing for children up to 18 in full time education. But if not you are not obliged to pay a thing.

It is very informal and relaxed. You can ask questions if you want or just listen to the guests as they answer questions from others. There are normally a good number of Lifers there too so you can put names to faces.

Oh, and the bar is open.

See you there.

Comments

• Options
    You mean it's not about the taleover Henry?? ;0)

Thanx for the info incidently.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]

Thanx for the info incidently.

no probs, will be out there soon enough anyway.
  • Options
    WISE IN, WISE IN!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]WISE IN, WISE IN!

We've bought a special cushion for his chair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]WISE IN, WISE IN!

We've bought a special cushion for his chair.

So he can Wise up ....?
  • Options
    Bumped to remind about quiz, postponement of March meeting and confirmation of May meeting.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    New provisional dates.

22 Feb 2011 The 7th annual Bromley Pairs Quiz. 100 questions all and only on Charlton. Turn up on the night.

29 Mar 2011 NEW DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED Two Current players - We'll get the names nearer the time. re-arranged due to Soton home game and Rochdale away game.

10 May 2011 All ticket meeting end of season meeting. Guest to be the usual bloke. Members Only.
  • Options
    This is getting ever so slightly irritating!

March meeting off due to re-arranged Rochdale game. New date if we can ever find one.

Quiz still on for 22nd.
  • Options
    Tuesday 22 Feb 2011- The 7th annual Bromley Pairs Quiz.

Shirty5 and JohnnyH can't defend their title so it's wide open.

100 questions all and only on Charlton.

Turn up on the night but upstairs bar open only after 7.30.

Downstairs bar (better beer TBH) open from 5.00pm

See you there.
  • Options
    Trophy currently safely on the table Chez Spectacle after Shirty gave it to me at the pairs quiz (in which we came second!) on Thursday, will bring along tomorrow and see if we can take it back with us - Mrs is swotting up right now! Agree about the beer too, see you there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cheers Ian, see you there.
  • Options
    Either a very tough set of questions or some dim participants as the winning total was lower than in recent years (76/100)

A slightly hollow victory for former Valley Party Candidate Alex Hayes and his brother (not Exi10tial the poker shark, the other one) as three time winners Shirty 5 and Johhny H were out injured.

Also the unlucky Mr and Mrs Rock Spectacle would have won it had they not ballsed up the picture round and allowed the quiz to go to a tie-breaker which was guess the crowd for the 62/63 game v Bristol City. That the winners were under 400 out tells you something.

However a win is a win.

Well done Ian Wallis for organising and setting the questions. They will be appearing on a website near you very soon when you can test your own knowledge.
  • Options
    Next meeting 15 March - Two current players
  • Options
    Tie-breaker - Guess the crowd for the 62/3 game V Bristol City? Bit easy for you lot. I hope you had another up your sleeve, like what were the names and addresses for said crowd?
  • Options
    good turnout for the last one henners.

1WdcmICRRmofbznjgpBBZliKo1_500.jpg

;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Tie-breaker - Guess the crowd for the 62/3 game V Bristol City? Bit easy for you lot. I hope you had another up your sleeve, like what were the names and addresses for said crowd?

Here we are then, here's all the names and addresses for the said game:.......................................

(Easy really as we didn't play Bristol City in 62/63).

Henry - were there any decent questions that you could post one here?
  • Options
    Lots but they will be on the OS soon
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lots but they will be on the OS soon

yeah....I'll believe that when I see it !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lots but they will be on the OS soon
    Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    76 the top score. Would be very interesting to have look at the questions that were set last tuesday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll chase up Ian Wallis
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]76 the top score. Would be very interesting to have look at the questions that were set last tuesday.

Yeah, I'm having trouble sleeping too! ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]76 the top score. Would be very interesting to have look at the questions that were set last tuesday.

Go and see your GP then.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]76 the top score. Would be very interesting to have look at the questions that were set last tuesday.

Go and see your GP then.

Chill out fella........
  • Options
    Jackson and Worner on 15th March.
  • Options
    Open entry

8.00 pm start but bar open before.

Raffle prize is a signed Charlton Ball

plenty of chances to ask questions yourself or just listen to others.

Easy to get an autograph or a photo with the players.

Always a good few lifers there and a mixed bunch of fans. Just turn up and see if you like it. Most people who do come back again as it is so relaxed and friendly.

Bickley and Widmore WM Club
    Tylney Road
    Bromley
    Kent
    BR1 2SH

See you there.
  • Options
    Now on OS

Also CASDA have a meeting this Thursday 10th March at the Valley with Gary Docherty and Chris Solly which is worth supporting.
  • Options
    Do you need a box for Worner to stand on?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]Do you need a box for Worner to stand on?

No, we provide chairs and everything like that at Bromley : - )

PS JJ and Ross are both 6'1'' same as Dean Kiely
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Greenie[/cite]Do you need a box for Worner to stand on?[/quote]

No, we provide chairs and everything like that at Bromley : - )

PS JJ and Ross are both 6'1'' same as Dean Kiely[/quote]

Worner is 6'1'', I thought he was smaller. He was at the other end of the pitch though.

To paraphrase Father Ted 'The goalkeeper looks really small Ted', 'I'll explain one more time Dougal, near....far away'