Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyinsah

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
imo our best striker. However :

we have played 20 league games - he has featured in only 11
we have played 1,800 minutes of football (excl injury time) - he has featured in only 455 mins, only 25% of our time on the pitch
he has only played a whole 90 minutes once

to get out of this league we need Joe to be fully fit, just doesn't seem like that is going to happen though

Comments

• Looks like he's carrying about a stone of excess baggage to me. Doing that always makes you more injury prone.
  • Says Leroy, pulling a hamstring whilst opening a Mars bar!
    ;o)
  • agree he is our best striker. If him and benson could form a consistent partnership then i think we would score goals even with the shite service they receive.
  • Think the service would improve if the strikers put themselves about - Joe gives us that - strikers lost us 2 points yesterday.
  • if only he could stay fit. Benson doesn't seem to know how to play alongside any of the other strikers.

Anyinsah - Our best all round striker, has pace, can score, hard to knock off the ball, and a geniune threat. But he just can't stay fit for any length of time.

Martin - An extremely frustrating player to have alongside you. he looks like he is capable of so much but tries to be too fancy and cocks it right up. If Parky could tell him to tone it down and concentrate i think he could be an awesome player at this level.

Abbott - i'd like to see him partner Anyinsah instead of Benson for a bit. If Wagstaff and Reid could get some crosses in for him i think he could score more goals.

Sodje - I do rate, but like Anyinsah keeps getting injured. But when he is fit Parky doesn't play him.

Benson - Also frustrating, but i think he is not being fed enough. if our team could get back playing more positively, none of this playing deep, defensive, negative stuff (against 10 men and playing counter attack??) i think he could thrive again. He does look disinterested at the moment, but if you are having to feed off scraps and the odd chance then your confidence and ability is going to be out of whack. If he were able to score from every chance he had he would be at a higher level than League One.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]agree he is our best striker. If him and benson could form a consistent partnership then i think we would score goals even with the shite service they receive.[/quote]

Alternatively, if he could swap his fitness level with Benson.......
  • Are the club guilty of continually rushing him back as they know he is so important to us?. Did he really need to play in the Luton home game?.

Just speculating really. He seems to have a back\hamstring problem. If he needs 6-7 weeks to get over it then give him 6-7 or weeks.

No good to us playing 45mins here, 50mins there.
  • Don't worry. Even as we speak I am confident Dennis The Saviour will be finding us a new striker on YouTube!