Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Breacker keen to strengthen Charlton's squad

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/8763434.Breacker_keen_to_strengthen_Charlton_s_squad/

Comments

• Options
    so where was Parky ? Off talking to the new owners ? Completing HIS takeover of the club ?
  • Options
    NS - don't know how you have the guts to make that a story! Anything else going on that you can tell us about?
  • Options
    Parky is at a funeral today according to Twitter.
  • Options
    Afraid there is little else happening. Nobody is going to say anything about the takeover until it actually happens.
  • Options
    I think we need a new stronger/faster Centre back, decent right back, a calm/creative midfielder and a fresh striker. But we ain't gonna get the money for them even if we do get this takeover through.

2 of the 4 types of player i mentioned would be useful.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Afraid there is little else happening. Nobody is going to say anything about the takeover until it actually happens.

Well make somthing up then! Earn your money ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Madz[/cite]I think we need a new stronger/faster Centre back, decent right back, a calm/creative midfielder and a fresh striker. But we ain't gonna get the money for them even if we do get this takeover through.

2 of the 4 types of player i mentioned would be useful.

The creative midfielder would definitely need to be calm it might take a while for the rest of the team to catch on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Afraid there is little else happening. Nobody is going to say anything about the takeover until it actually happens.

Well make somthing up then! Earn your money ;-)

After all the crap in the taekover threads, that's the most sensible comment I've read all day.

What's the world coming to when you can't rely on professional journalists to make it up and we have to do it ourselves, eh?
  • Options
    Yep, invent something, bug their phones, open their mail or go on to a fan website and repeat any half-arsed rubbish you read and take's your fancy.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]

Well make something up then! Earn your money ;-)

After all the crap in the taekover threads, that's the most sensible comment I've read all day.

What's the world coming to when you can't really on professional journalists to make it up and we have to do it ourselves, eh?

I'll get on the blower to the newshopper and demand that he loses his job as he is quite clearly not up to the job. Go and get a job where honesty means something!!!! ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    whatever happened to creative and investigative journalism? Good job you werent around in the watergate days eh?

Go digging!!!!
  • Options

Well said, it's a pity that the SLP doesn't follow the Shopper's lead.
  • Options
    I suspect the SLP is being supplied info from a very good source
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I suspect the SLP is being supplied info from a very good source

Itsmyball?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I suspect the SLP is being supplied info from a very good source

Itsmyball?

PMSL
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]whatever happened to creative and investigative journalism? Good job you werent around in the watergate days eh?

Go digging!!!![/quote]

Watergate and a possible Charlton takeover - not quite the same thing are they?

There is a takeover which was supposed to be completed on December 24. The deal was maybe a bit more complicated than initially thought so has had to be put back a bit beyond that deadline, admittedly with the holidays not helping.

Perhaps the new owners were a bit naive to suggest December 24 as a date in the first place?

Possibly, although they were probably well intentioned enough at the time and genuinely wanted to get it all tied up by that date.

There was clarification from Murray on the OS on Xmas Eve and subsequent public comments from Varney which both suggest the deal is definitely still on. Patience is the key here. Just wait and see.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Patience is the key here. Just wait and see.

But couldn't you be a 'proper' journalist and just make something up to keep us amused while we're being patient and waiting?

You seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking that working for a newspaper means that you are meant to purvey us news. Didn't they tell you that's a terribly old-fashioned idea and these days you're simply another part of the entertainment industry?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Patience is the key here. Just wait and see.

But couldn't you be a 'proper' journalist and just make something up to keep us amused while we're being patient and waiting?

You seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking that working for a newspaper means that you are meant to purvey us news. Didn't they tell you that's a terribly old-fashioned idea and these days you're simply another part of the entertainment industry?

Maybe he is just a paperboy and the next doors neighbours cat hasn't heard anything regarding the takeover? Anyhow.... TELL US SOME LIES NEWSSHOPPER!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite]TELL US SOME LIES NEWSSHOPPER!

Do the guy a favour. He writes for the News Hopper ......not the Super Throwaway Sun.

;o)
  • Options
    are we there yet?

Hang on, Id better take my tongue out of my cheek before someone takes me seriously....d'oh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: SE9[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]Patience is the key here. Just wait and see.[/quote]

You seem to have fallen into the trap of thinking that working for a newspaper means that you are meant to purvey us news. Didn't they tell you that's a terribly old-fashioned idea and these days you're simply another part of the entertainment industry?[/quote]

Maybe he is just a paperboy and the next doors neighbours cat hasn't heard anything regarding the takeover? Anyhow.... TELL US SOME LIES NEWSSHOPPER![/quote]

Can't do that SE9 but the cat next door is saying nothing.
  • Options
    In terms of who we sign possibly Marcel Seip could be the Centre Half we need. He would also provide cover at Right Back along with Carl Jenkinson. I hope he gets an opportunity over the next two games.

It seems after the I Player interview that Ben Roberts does not see himself as a Player unless 'there is an emergency'. If this is the case I think we still need another Goalkeeper.

I would still see another Left Back as a priority so Jackson is not needed there if Fry is recalled / injured and of course a Striker and maybe another right sided wide player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: News Shopper[/cite]

Maybe he is just a paperboy and the next doors neighbours cat hasn't heard anything regarding the takeover? Anyhow.... TELL US SOME LIES NEWSSHOPPER!

Can't do that SE9 but the cat next door is saying nothing.

strangle it then, i dont have to tell you how to do your job lol
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]In terms of who we sign possibly Marcel Seip could be the Centre Half we need. He would also provide cover at Right Back along with Carl Jenkinson. I hope he gets an opportunity over the next two games.

It seems after the I Player interview that Ben Roberts does not see himself as a Player unless 'there is an emergency'. If this is the case I think we still need another Goalkeeper.

I would still see another Left Back as a priority so Jackson is not needed there if Fry is recalled / injured and of course a Striker and maybe another right sided wide player.[/quote]

My requirements in order of priority is

Strong holding midfielder with Championship (if not Premier) experience - a midfield christian Dailly
    Striker
    Centre half
  • Options
    Centre half isn't too critical a faster one would be nice but a bit of a luxury.

As Solly is still injured I'd like another right back. Definitely need another striker with Ayinseh and Sodje always injured. A play making midfielder like Hoolahan was for Norwich but not sure if we'll find one, unless the takeover gives us some money to spend.
  • Options
    Michael Tonge has just be recalled by Stoke from Preston, he'll do for me.