Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Monday Night Grudge Match

edited December 2010 in General Charlton
I recently discussed this topic with a fellow Lifer and we both agreed that the match against Swindon should carry an extra spice to it atmosphere wise following last season's play-off semi final defeat. Obviously I wouldn't expect the crowd to be anywhere near as vociferous as if we playing either Millwall or Crystal Palace but I'd be disappointed if fans treated the match as 'just another game' as though the play-off defeat didn't happen. Swindon aren't our rivals at all but I think we're entitled to show them hostility after their incredibly lucky win over us and then their woeful perfomance against Millwall in the play-off final, where they might as well of just let us win if they were going to perform like in the final. I didn't go to the away game this season so I have no idea what the general mood was like amongst supporters but I'd be interested to know what is was like and how everyone else feels about the Swindon game.

Comments

• Live on Sky perfect time for new owners to reveal themselves, as the ride out onto the The Valley turf on camels...

As for Swindon they beat us on penalties I don't really care about them, was nice to beat them 3 nil a few weeks ago really there is no-one in this league I hate, maybe Colchester as we never seem to do well against them
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]Live on Sky perfect time for new owners to reveal themselves, as the ride out onto the The Valley turf in Black cabs.......

As for Swindon they beat us on penalties I don't really care about them, was nice to beat them 3 nil a few weeks ago really there is no-one in this league I hate, maybe Colchester as we never seem to do well against them