Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton 1-1 Charlton Player Ratings

For those of you that could see the pitch through your binoculars please give your marks 0-10, halves included, for the team that can be cut and pasted from the this list:

Elliot
Francis
Doherty
Dailly
Fry
Jackson
Semedo
Racon
Wagstaff
Benson

Martin
Reid

n/a Abbott
n/a Anyinsah

Comments

• Options
    Elliot. 7 - never done anything wrong, made great save at the end
    Francis. 4 - poor throughout, lost the ball too many times and crosses always over hit.
    Doherty. 5 - gave away a lot of silly fouls being clumsy, should be far more experienced than that.
    Dailly. 7 - done his job well, sometimes guilty of letting the back 4 sit too deep.
    Fry. 6 - done well at the back, offered very little going forward. Solid
    Jackson. 6 - never really got going after nearly missing the peno, not his best but not his worst performance.

Semedo. 7. - broke up their play well and very nearly ended up on the scoresheet or so I thought it was him
    Racon. 8 - by far our best player, at the heart of everything we did going forward and must have been working on his tackling because when semedo went off even broke up the play.

Wagstaff. 5 - very ineffective again tonight, runs at players without beating them and then plays backwards.

Benson. 5. - not the worst performance but someone of his finishing abilities should have won it for us at the end with the open ish goal header.

Martin. 5 - takes too many touches for my liking had a couple of chances to just shift the ball and then shoot but tried to do a step over or dummy. Then pulling out of a header near the end in the box summed him up for me, thinks he is better than he is. Harsh but true

Reid. 5 - very poor when he came on, gave the ball away several times, never busted a gut to get to the back post, and too weak in the challenge on a few occasions.

Not a great charlton performance looked like we had ten men the way we played, sat off them and gave them time to pass the ball around and get behind the ball. No conviction in front of goal when it mattered, had good width and got a lot of crosses in but not enough good crosses that troubled their centre halfs or keeper, think we need to look to get a new right back and possibly a right winger in january, and a new centre back to cover for doherty wouldn't go a miss, think he struggled tonight. A goal scorer is a wish but there few and far between at this level and we would have splash out to get one in which would not be a good idea in our current situation, saying all that we are in the top 3 at new years and I said at the start of the season if we was there at this time then we would go on to get an automatic promotion place. Come on you addicks
  • Options
    Francis. 4 - poor throughout, lost the ball too many times and crosses always over hit.
    Doherty. 5 - gave away a lot of silly fouls being clumsy, should be far more experienced than that.
    Dailly. 7 - done his job well, sometimes guilty of letting the back 4 sit too deep.
    Jackson. 6 - never really got going after nearly missing the peno, not his best but not his worst performance.

Semedo. 7. - broke up their play well and very nearly ended up on the scoresheet or so I thought it was him
    Racon. 8 - by far our best player, at the heart of everything we did going forward and must have been working on his tackling because when semedo went off even broke up the play.

Wagstaff. 5 - very ineffective again tonight, runs at players without beating them and then plays backwards.

Benson. 5. - not the worst performance but someone of his finishing abilities should have won it for us at the end with the open ish goal header.

Martin. 5 - takes too many touches for my liking had a couple of chances to just shift the ball and then shoot but tried to do a step over or dummy. Then pulling out of a header near the end in the box summed him up for me, thinks he is better than he is. Harsh but true

Reid. 5 - very poor when he came on, gave the ball away several times, never busted a gut to get to the back post, and too weak in the challenge on a few occasions.

Not a great charlton performance looked like we had ten men the way we played, sat off them and gave them time to pass the ball around and get behind the ball. No conviction in front of goal when it mattered, had good width and got a lot of crosses in but not enough good crosses that troubled their centre halfs or keeper, think we need to look to get a new right back and possibly a right winger in january, and a new centre back to cover for doherty wouldn't go a miss, think he struggled tonight. A goal scorer is a wish but there few and far between at this level and we would have splash out to get one in which would not be a good idea in our current situation, saying all that we are in the top 3 at new years and I said at the start of the season if we was there at this time then we would go on to get an automatic promotion place. Come on you addicks
  • Options

• Options
    Elliot - 7 - good save at end but could have done better with their goal
    Francis - 6 - excellent in 1st half. Struggled to get forward quickly enough in the 2nd
    Doherty - 7 - decent defensive performance
    Dailly - 7.5 - organised defense well and gave Reid several well deserved bollockings
    Fry - 7 - decent
    Jackson - 6.5 - struggled to get into the game
    Semedo - 7.5 - broke play up well
    Racon - 8 - committed and very skillfull. MOTM
    Wagstaff - 6 - never got going
    Benson - 6 - struggled and was far too isolated

Martin - 5 - if only he had a brain
    Reid - 6 - good on the ball but woeful off it. Got told off several time by Dailly for not making runs into space.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 Superb save at the end, but did seem to palm the ball into the goal.
    Francis - 5 Blame everything on Francis. Couple of good deliveries. Many that turned out to be switches or hit the first man.
    Doherty - 6 Remember a couple of great challenges by him in the first half. Not a foul for there goal. Obv. Docherty
    Dailly - 7 Superb Captian. Clear quality in this division, even at his age.
    Fry - 6 Did his job, as always.
    Jackson - 6.5 Didn't see much of him other than a few crosses. And the obvious (though that was hard enough)
    Semedo - 7 Another good display, though his silly booking forced him to be subbed off.
    Racon - 8 MOTM. Best display I have seen from him in a long time.
    Wagstaff - 5 Ineffective. Did very little other than score.
    Benson - 5 Ineffective. All he needed to do was throw himself at the ball to earn us the win. Instead he gently taps his header to the guy on the line.

Martin - 5 Ineffective. Ran a lot. Usually into trouble.
    Reid - 5 Ineffective. Expected better from him sadly, didn't seem willing to make runs.
    Abbott- Surprisingly effective! Did well when he came on. His lob of the keeper to Benno was

As soon as the sending off came , you could see what was going to happen.
  • Options
    Elliot - 7
    Francis - 6
    Doherty - 7
    Dailly - 7
    Fry - 6
    Jackson - 6.5
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 8
    Wagstaff - 5
    Benson - 5

Martin - 6
    Reid - 5
    Abbott - 6
    Anyinsah - n/a
  • Options
    Elliot 7
    Francis 6
    Dailley 7
    Doc 7
    Fry 5.5
    Semedo 7
    Waggy 5
    Racon 8
    Benson 6.5
    Jackson 6

Martin 5
    Reid 5
    Abbott 6
    Anyinsah n/a
  • Options
    Elliot 6
    Francis 6
    Doherty 6
    Dailly 7
    Fry 6
    Jackson 6.5
    Semedo 7
    Racon 8
    Wagstaff 6
    Benson 6.5

Martin 6
    Reid 6

n/a Abbott
    n/a Anyinsah
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 Great save to save us a point and also previously from Kish-possibly could have done better with goal but not sure.
    Francis - 7 Put in a shift and was consistently involved- some good deliveries and some bad but get a feeling some people are looking for a scapegoat as their were far worse performances than his.
    Doherty - 7 No pace but commanding
    Dailly - 7 Commanding
    Fry - 6 solid if unspectacular
    Jackson - 6 as above
    Semedo - 7 Missed him but Parky was right to sub him - was in danger from a dodgy ref
    Racon - 8 if only forwards did their bit to compliment him
    Wagstaff - 5 Was he playing -oh yes- he missed a sitter
    Benson - 5 That was as frustrating a performance I can remember -always fit to play -wish we could swap that aspect with Joe
    Anyinsah - 7 Tantalising - was the creator of our goal but can't stay fit - like owning Desert Orchid - with 3 legs - Medical staff need to earn their corn.

Martin - 5 Was a chance where had he shot first time would have scored- but he never reads or sees this and took a touch - that summed up the player for me -doesn't play off his fellow striker and has no football brain.
    Reid -5 Was effective but not at his best
    Abbott- 6 Did ok - made you realise that with a decent attack we would have walked this game.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 7
    Doherty - 8 MOM
    Dailly - 7
    Fry - 5
    Jackson - 6
    Semedo - 7 played well
    Racon - 7 played well
    Wagstaff - 3 yes his scored a few goals this season but offers us nothing in creativity wise, bottles taking on his man every time
    Benson -5

Martin - 4
    Reid - 4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 6
    Francis - 5
    Doherty - 7 MOM
    Dailly - 7
    Fry - 6
    Jackson - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Racon - 7
    Wagstaff - 4
    Benson -5

Martin - 3
    Reid - 5
    Abbott - 6
  • Options
    as I can't sticky - nudge it
  • Options
    Elliot 7 Good steady game
    Francis 5 someone behind me described him as a 'female Herman Heridersson', sounds about right - same poor distribution but without the physicality.
    Doherty 6.5
    Dailly 6.5
    Fry 6
    Jackson 6
    Semedo 6.5
    Racon 8 (MOM) ran the midfield. Took a non-charlton friend along who said Racon was easily the best player on the pitch. I think we often underestimate him - will be the key man in our promotion push.
    Wagstaff 5.5 poor by his high standtards this year - could not get in the game.
    Benson 6

Martin 5.5 too lightweight and no end product.
    Reid 6.5 looked good when came on and always breathes life into the team.
  • Options
    Elliot 7
    Francis 5.5
    Doherty 6.5
    Dailly 6.5
    Fry 6
    Jackson 6
    Semedo 6
    Racon 7
    Wagstaff 6
    Benson 6

Martin 6
    Reid 6.5

n/a Abbott 7
    n/a Anyinsah (couldn't see him - too far away)
  • Options
    TBF it was quite hard to see what was going on

Elliot-7
    Francis-6.5
    Doherty-6
    Dailly-6
    Fry-6
    Jackson-6
    Semedo-6-
    Racon-7
    Wagstaff-5.5
    Benson-5.5