Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton v Charlton (29/12/2010) - Preview, Poll, Views and News

WSSWSS
edited December 2010 in General Charlton
Much like Southeastern today, the match preview is running a reduced service but Tom Harvey over at the OS has diligently worked his little socks off to provide us with the below.

http://www.cafctv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10267~2252811,00.html

Some things to pick out include:

- Brighton are without a win in their last four league games
- Gus Poyet has a virtually full-strength squad for the clash with the Addicks.
- Long-term injury victims Alan Navarro and Kazenga LuaLua are the only players on the Seagulls' casualty list.
- Parkinson revealed after the postponed Southampton match that he had had few injury problems ahead of the game, although a couple of players not in the starting XI were 'a bit fluey'.
- Fry or Jackson will play at left-back against the Seagulls. If the latter is selected, then Reid could keep his place on the left flank. Scott Wagstaff is set to return on the right wing, possibly in place of Martin
- Akpo Sodje is ruled out until early January with a shoulder injury
- Gary Doherty, McCormack and Benson are just a booking away from collecting five yellow cards this term and a one-match ban
- Rob Elliot will make his 100th league and cup appearance if he features
- Overall, Brighton have won 22 times to Charlton's 20, with eight draws

For what it's worth I unfortunately see a 2-1 reverse.

Comments

• Options
    On the basis of our last two games against Gus's teams I can't see us getting anything, but maybe playing away against them will suit us
  • Options
    hopeful of a draw, unfortunately can't see us getting anything
  • Options
    I can't see us getting anything either. Enduring memory is of Deon cupping his hands to his eyes trying to see the supporters. Hard to support the team at distance, unsettling times, sadly I'm gloomy on this one.
  • Options
    Really hope it's on, getting bored of all the Football now that doesn't involve us.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A massive chance to go second (again) and to close the gap to just 1 point - but we are Charlton! Can therefore only see a defeat: sadly 2-0 to Brighton.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    They seemed to have sussed out our defensive weaknesses pretty well on their last visit, we will need to score a few to get anything out of this one. Lets hope we refind our passing skills. One of Reid, Asinyah, or Martin really need to find some good form.
  • Options
    1-0 to us
  • Options
    Well, this is a game that the lads need to be up for, not talk about it!

They need to chase down the ball and stop Brighton's passing game which frankly destroyed us at home.

Some of our players need to deliver, eh! Martin, Benson, step up a gear and produce.

No excuses the team have had a rest!, should be at it 100 percent.........
  • Options
    I have reluctantly voted for a Brighton win. I'd like to think that we learnt something from the drubbing we got last time we met them, but I suspect not.
  • Options
    i'm sticking with my faith in parky, despite the appallingly woeful charlton performances in our last few games. it'll be a sign of things in how we can react to them and hopefully put the ghost of the valley drubbing behind us.

0-2 away win. no mass wrist slashing this week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think we may nick this 1-0, the team need to show their promotion credentials and we are better away from home.
    I hope to be back from work in time to give match updates for anyone that needs them, should be finishing at 7 pm and homeby 7.30.
    Hope to be here later.
  • Options
    1-1 but not a performance that much can be read into.
  • Options
    Home win, their passing game was too much for us at home and can see it being too much away from home also, glad lualua isnt playing but murrey will have more than the beating of our back four.

Or maybe i'm so down on us cos feels like we've not played in ages and the last few matches have been shooking (Walsall and Brentford), all that pessimism comes flooding back in
  • Options
    Not sure why but I feel optimistic about this ... Charlton to nick it 2-1
  • Options
    Sorry lads, got a horrible feeling we're gonna get whooped again.
  • Options
    Might depend on whether Parky and the players are as unsettled by all the Dennis Wise talk as many Lifers seem to be.

I think someone said we haven't won a League match since the takeover was announced (yes, I know most of 'em were postponed). But I seem to recall the Zabeel thing unsettled the team as well and affected form on the pitch.

An announcement on the club's future today would at least clear the air one way or another before tonight's game.

Going for us to nick it 1-0, with Brighton unable to see let alone find the goal in the south coast fog!
  • Options
    If ever a team need a win after a run of defeats, then they would pick Charlton as the opponents. Brighton win.
  • Options
    We have played some good football on the road this year, I'd hope that the thought of reversing the 4-0 home defeat and cementing 2nd spot will be enough to see us bring home a result tonight. 2-0 Charlton
  • Options
    brighton are a decent side but so are we, when we get it together, gonna be a tight affair this , i can see it being a draw
  • Options
    3-0 to brighton.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brighton win - especially if Jackson plays at LB.
  • Options
    I NEVER predict anything other than an Addicks' victory so 2-1 for me tonight.

Will be there with Ralph Le Taxi .
  • Options
    Don't see Brighton getting all 3 points, so a draw or a Charlton win.
  • Options
    at best a draw , cant see us winning it as they allways let us down when it matters [ allways the bridesmaid never the bride]
  • Options
    Massive game for us. Both sides are going through a patch of bad form, 1-1 with our fans leaving the ground pleased with the performance.
  • Options
    Who knows... we may even see a 0-3 win?
  • Options
    2-2 Happy with a draw.
  • Options
    A chance for revenge, away win.
  • Options
    Foggy in Brighton