Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£60,000 cost for boxing day

Just seen on the cafc website that the club is down around £60k because of D'Urso being such a prick. Just wondering is there anyway of the club getting that money back from somewhere as the decision clearly wasnt the correct one?

Comments

• You're effectively talking about suing a referee for a wrong decision.

Can open....worms everywhere...
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]You're effectively talking about suing a referee for a wrong decision.

Can open....worms everywhere...

Oh I realise that but isnt it his and only his fault?
  • Of course referees / the FA are well known for a) admitting their mistakes and b) putting them right.
  • He'll say "I waited as late as possible to give the best chance of the game going ahead".

The game was postponed because areas of the pitch (albeit the edges) were still frozen in his opinion. He gets paid to make these decisions & whether you like it or not, it's his "expertise" that will be accepted as being correct.

Opinions are like arseholes - everybody's got one.
  • Would be interested to know if he will be refereeing the postponed fixture.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]Would be interested to know if he will be refereeing the postponed fixture.

If he is I am sure his going to get abuse shouted out bigtime, and I am that sure of this even the east and west stands will join in! ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: jazzyjazzyjazzy[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]You're effectively talking about suing a referee for a wrong decision.

Can open....worms everywhere...[/quote]

Oh I realise that but isnt it his and only his fault?[/quote]
    He's acting on behalf of the league/FA so it'd be a case of suing them. Apart from the ramifications of taking them on Fifa reserves the right to expel nations enaged in litigation with its membership. Not that they would mind, but it would cause a storm with no hope of victory (they'll just claim player safety and it becomes subjective, then) and a lot of potential for extra cost.
  • edited December 2010
    Oh your perfectly correct. Its just a damn shame tho isnt it!?
  • edited December 2010
  • In a word, no. All that remains is for the club to learn lessons, which must include thinking more carefuly about what a ref might have a problem with regarding frozen/waterlogged/otherwise possibly unplayable pitches and improving on the communication with supporters in advance of games that might have a reasonable chance given other circumstances of being postponed.

A replay against THFC will more than make up for this loss...
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd like to thak Mr D'Urso from the bottom of my heart.

Taking into account our two home performances v Walsall and Swindon on either side of the Southampton game, Mr D'Urso saved us all a lot of pain and misery on Boxing Day. if he had allowed the game to go ahead, we would surely have endured an even more miserbale Xmas/New Year than we have...