Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• Kim Jong-Il.

All the rumours are he's ill and getting ready to hand over power to his son, but he's not ill, he's actually paving the way for him to concentrate on running his new love and toy, Charlton Athletic. North Korea's plucky resistance vs Brazil followed by their crushing defeat by Portugal at the World Cup made Kim realise that supporting plucky but ultimately unsuccessful football teams is far more fun than pursuing world domination.

He's been looking for a plucky but unsuccessful team to buy since the summer and in fact tried to buy us in the summer but couldn't provide proof of funds because his own totalitarian internet firewall meant he couldn't get on his online banking to print off a statement. However, nice Mr Varney offered to print Kim off a statement from his UK computer and the deal is now all set to go through.

Kim was also adamant he would buy a team that plays in red, being a communist, ruiling out buying teams like Sheff Weds and he couldn't afford anyone better than us because he spent too much money last year on tactical nuclear weapons.

His first action will be to install a missile silo under the west stand car park which will require the tarmac to be re-laid, thus sorting the potholes out too.

Each home game will be preceded by a ceremonial march of the players and the procession will be led by Paddy Powell on his tractor, which will be mounted with some form of missile launcher and a flame thrower to be used for thawing out the pitch in cold weather.

Red Red Robin will also be re-written and titled Red Red Comrades.
  • Someone Orange! FACT!
  • Why would AEG be interested in The Valley?

Greenwich Council have agreed one off concerts in the past. There is no way that regular events would be allowed. It is a residential area.

The site is landlocked with limited car parking.

If the bidders are from a listed company the announcement may come before the Stock Exchange opens on Friday.
  • Taking a look at Tim Fisher's biography (the chap appointed by Sir RM to help us find investment) on the Calimere Point website, this blokes all about "global" investment.

I can't help but think this is a group of wealthy foreign investors. Now the next question is where from...me personally i'm putting the tea towels in the wash tonight ready for Fridays announcement.

Then again you could say that England is "global" so who knows??? (apart from RM and Reg!).

FACT
  • the question is, when will it get done, or not done, and when will we find out
  • Simon Cowell.

The club will go through a televised process starting in june to recruit 16 new players. The Football Factor.
    The four judges are rumoured to be:
    - Richard Murray, the long standing chairman of the club whos best interests are in the club and nothing else.
    - Iain Dowie, the controversial ex manager of Charlton who Murray didn't get along with, likes a wildcard entry. For example, Simon Walton. Dowie has been good friends with Cowell since 2002 when Dowie attended an audition for Pop Idol.
    - Alan Curbishley. The long standing ex Charlton manager. Was in control of the club between1991 - 2006. Worked under Murray and had a good relationship. Should be interesting between Dowie and himself.
    - Cheryl Cole. Much to the amusement and disbelief Cheryl Cole has apparently brokered a deal with Cowell to appear on the Football Factor after having no real relationship with Charlton or understanding of football. Rumours are that Cowell had no choice but to take her after pulling out of the American version of The X Factor to complete the take over of Charlton.

The process stage will mirror that of the 'X' Factor with first auditions taking place infront of a crowd. In this instance at Charlton's home ground, The Valley. infront of a full house, potential contenders will have to show their best skills and talents. The Boot Camp stage will be taking place at Charlton Park on a Sunday morning at 10am. Where Cowell, Curbishley, Murray and Cole will have to decide upon 64 players to make it through to The Judges House. Judges will then recieve a categorary, Goalkeepers, Defenders, Midfielders, Forwards. Each judge can take 8 players through to the live show. The final four in left in each category will complete the final 16 squad.

:-/
  • That show sounds awesome! With different judges obviously lol
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

Kim Jong-Il.

[/quote]

Comment from my daughter:

"Would still prefer him to Wise!"
  • Like the thought of the Football Factor heavenSE7. Cheryl Cole in a Charlton shirt (and not much else) is going to be my thought for the day!
  • Still find it hard to believe that after all this time and with everything pretty much available nowadays with a bit of digging no-one has a clue who these people are.

If it was a small group of UK investors I doubt very much it matters if they are named or not.

So maybe it is someone bigger than that...we can hope...
  • Sponsored links:

• I reckon Indian, Chinese or Mexican.

Can't decide what I fancy.
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]So maybe it is someone bigger than that...we can hope...

I have been thinking this as well.

Maybe it is someone/a group that is very famous hence the reason for the secrecy, of course it may be just wishful thinking
  • Red Bull

TATSACHE!
  • From what I understand, Bungle from Rainbow has been in discussions with Megatron (recently daemonised in the Transformers films but actually a decent, hardworking guy) about a takeover of an undisclosed sports club. Both are huge fans of what they like to call 'real football' and have been spotted at many championship and league one games this season. Bungle was also heard humming Valley Floyd Road whilst on a night out although this was later disputed claiming 'he was attempting Winter Wonderland'.

Either that or I had way too much cloudy cider last night...
  • [cite]Posted By: Macronate[/cite]I reckon Indian, Chinese or Mexican.

Can't decide what I fancy.

I fancy a Chinese, not had one for ages. As for the takeover - Sean Coombs.
  • If AEG are involved then it will certainly involve a move away from the Valley I would have thought. For the reasons listed above regarding the Valley being in a residential area. I can see AEG wanting an open air multi-use venue on the peninsula. Maybe they've had trouble getting the planning permission, and think if they throw in moving Charlton from the Valley they will get it (I can see Greenwich council being keen to move Charlton from the residential area).
  • [cite]Posted By: Martomoto[/cite]Like the thought of the Football Factor heavenSE7. Cheryl Cole in a Charlton shirt (and not much else) is going to be my thought for the day!

Cheryl Cole in a wet Charlton shirt would be better :)
  • Cherly Cole is a rake.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]If AEG are involved then it will certainly involve a move away from the Valley I would have thought. For the reasons listed above regarding the Valley being in a residential area. I can see AEG wanting an open air multi-use venue on the peninsula. Maybe they've had trouble getting the planning permission, and think if they throw in moving Charlton from the Valley they will get it (I can see Greenwich council being keen to move Charlton from the residential area).

jeeesus this thread gets stranger all the time If any takeover consists of moving us from the Valley i will quit my job and chain myself to the floodlights to ensure that it does not happen
  • the floodlights have gone though..
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Cherly Cole is a rake.

She is a rake that i would ra...

Like to have sex with
  • Would leaving the Valley for a purpose built stadium on the peninsula really be the end of the world nth london addick? As long as it was OUR stadium (unlike smelhurst) and not out of the area (unlike smelhurst) would it kill us? The Arse, Sunderland and many others have moved to new stadiums. If it meant the club could become bigger could we afford not to do it?
  • We still have them they are just individual ones
  • Something to watch whilst you're waiting for Takeover News:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E
  • People are just making up daft ideas.
  • End of the world for me tbh we are a football club first and foremost with planning permision granted should it be required to 40K we will never need more than that

I never want to ever think about loosing our home again
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]People are just making up daft ideas.

really ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]People are just making up daft ideas.

thankgod i aint the only one thinking that B
  • Yes, people talking about moving out of the Valley and they don't even know who the new owners might be. Very vivid imaginations.

Lets wait and see who the new owners are first.
  • bill cosby