Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover - What's your best guess as to who is it's gonna be?

Comments

• edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Arry Addick[/cite]I just can't see RM letting Dennis Wise get involved in our club.

i hope you are right , dont think it would go down well with most fans including myself.
  • Hi Guys

A day off work so I have been following the comments

I work in banking and i am not surprised that DD is taking so long.

Am I the only one on her that thinks the longer DD goes on the better.

If I am right I would have throught that they would have looked at the problematic areas first and called it off at an early stage.

Anyway my guess for the new owners are American.
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Pete-in-China.JPG

It is this man...nailed on FACT!
    "Whenever I see a man with a beard, moustache, not much hair, missing teeth, and glasses, I think, 'There's a man who has taken every precaution to avoid people doodling on photographs of him".
    No thoughts at all about takeover though.
  • Sooty & Sweep for me.
    Dig up Harry Corbett.
    Harvey and Floyd can take a long one..harsh I know but time for the puppets to take over.
  • [cite]Posted By: seth plum[/cite]Pete-in-China.JPG

It is this man...nailed on FACT!

where the feck did MCS get the money to take us over
  • edited December 2010
    it's the Nigerians.
    the delay is something to do with a western union bank transfer.

to dickieboy@cafc.co.uk
    COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON

Good Day!

I am the manager of bills and exchange at the foriegn remittance department of the (ABN AMRO BANK AMSTERDAM ). I am writting you this letter to ask for your support and co-operation to carry out this transaction. We discovered some abandoned sum $15,500,000(FIFTEEN MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND U.S DOLLAR ) in an account that belongs to one of our foriegn customer who died along-side his entire family in march this year in a terrorist train bomb blast in Spain some few months ago.Since this development,we have advertised for his next of kin or any close relation to come forward to claim this money,but nobody came yet to apply for the claim.

To this effect,i and other official in my department have decided to look for a trusted foriegn partner who can stand in as the next of kin of the deceased as we cannot do it only ourselves and claim this money.We need a foreign partner to apply for the claim on our behalf because of the fact that the customer was a foreign and we don't want this money to go into the treasury as unclaimed fund.

Every document to effect this process will emanate from my table and i will perfect every document to be in accordance with the banking law and guideline,so you have nothing to worry about and we have agreed that 30% of this money will be for you,while 10%will be for any expenses incured on both sides wihile 60% will be for my colleagues and me. If you are willing to help us,please indicate by replying this letter and putting in your name, private telephone number,fax and permanent residential address via my private email address below.I awaits your immediate response to enable us start this transaction as soon as i recieved your reply,i will send you a text application form for immediate APPLICATIION OF CLAIM.

Please contact me even if you are not intrested in my proposal to you to enable us scout for another partner in the event of non-interest on your part. Thanks for your co-operation

E-MAIL :eboogaloo2000@netscape.net
    Mr E Boogaloo
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]I have a feeling it's all gonna fall through...again

I was thinking that. And looking out for the Friday five-suicide techniques.

Could you imagine this place!!!
  • Angelos Epithemiou
  • pure guess - guy hands.

i think in reality it will be a few fairly low profile individuals with maybe one name that people will know. Don't think it will be all done by 24th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Boris Johnson. :)
  • We don't have a good record in due diligence :-(
  • As it is supposed to be happening on Christmas Eve I reckon it will be Santa with one or two extra Clauses......................
  • [cite]Posted By: Rodex[/cite]As it is supposed to be happening on Christmas Eve I reckon it will be Santa with one or two extra Clauses......................
    I've heard he's pulled out for Elf reasons
  • edited December 2010
    I have not altered my initial stance on this from day one. My flabber would be totally garsted if it was a big money international consortium. It just ain't what we do. The Zabeel saga was doomed to failure from day one because, well, we are CAFC. I have been prepared to be underwelmed for weeks now and IF the announcement day also involves the cherubic moon faced mug of Dennis Fuckin Wise within 2000 miles of it I shall be as inconsoleable as Soapy coming home from the pub on Christmas day and finding that Granma has pissed all over the turkey...
  • Would someone care to post the dates of the Zabeel saga, I know it was October 10th 2008 not sure when they pulled out though. This time around the DD seems to have been longer could be a good sign could be bad. I would love it to be mega money from someone who wants the challenge of getting us back within spitting distance and then eventually into the Premier League rather than just buying a prepacked microwave Premier League side. But just getting us out of this cesspit of a league will be enough to be getting on with and if anyone comes in to assist there- all power to their elbow. But as it is us we are talking about it will probably be a keeping us ticking over type takeover or it will fall through.
    Many people have taken the 24th as the date for the announcement but tbh I took it as it could well be concluded much before then and not after (I hope I am very very wrong), the fact that it has not concerns me.
  • I think they pulled out around the 23rd October pilchard so not long after. "The timing wasn't right and post that, all of a sudden it opened up a Pandora's box," Mohammed Ali Al-Hashimi, executive chairman of Zabeel Investments told the Reuters Middle East Investment Summit on Tuesday.
    "People were talking about foreign ownership ... every other day we spent time denying this club and that club and it became out of control. We are used to doing things relatively under the radar and our focus became having to keep an eye on what was being written in the media."

You don't suppose?.... No actually I'm afraid I don't :(
  • Cheers mate, thought it was around two weeks but it seems ages ago now.
    You never know!
  • No idea, beyond caring as long as the club is secure medium term
  • AEG have been mentioned a few times. I know that they are getting involved in Formula one next year so I wonder if taking on a football club as well might be a bit of a stretch.
  • Sponsored links:

• i am 200% convinced it is going throiugh now. Of course the question is who?? What we do know as 100% is that last week Varney was abole to hint about "its quite complicated at the moment as at the moment they are going through liabilities at the moment and its complicated as it is with 2 different banks. We then pay off Dowie last week... the question is WHO had authprised dowies pay off and how much?? Surely the "new owners" must have said "yeah lets get him sorted out so the way is clear now"? Have they been going through papwerwork working out how much to pay off and when and who? The fact that due diligence has taken so long.. if it was any chancer who didnt have a lot of money then they would have got itchy feet by now and left. I suspect this is a serious player. Interestingly though there has be no leaks no nothing, no rumours.... and at the same time you look under wiae and jiminez and the only links you get is old news from 2009. Wether you like it or not (I have my reservations), I am convinced he is involved...... As we all know Wise and Jiminex brokered the Zabeel deal. Why has there been no interviews with wise in press?? He was linked with us and was going to buy us through his financiers only tp pull out at the last min wen he thought it was going to gold and sullivan. He was only seen at the valley just a week BEFORE it became confirmed an offer had come in. He has been seen at the training ground...... I think we have to ask ourselves "why us why Charlton?" AEG we have made good reason although Anshuwt\ is linked with Spurs at the olympic stadium?? Or arab involvement with wise. I am totally gobsmakced that AEG have not come in for us before if they were interested. Its an excellent site to hold other events... and u can use the Vally for other opportunities for concernts, sporting events, as well as not forgetting we have planning permission already to increase it to 40,000. I can only think it may be them. After all the amoujt of events they are holding at the O2 becoming more and more popular. It maye due to high demand there they see us as another venue with a 40,000 arena to hold concerts..... so it is a ground use all year round....
  • susan boyle
  • 129259-1266768808-1-t.jpg

Wise at the Valley, September 2009, so he'd put in an appearance well before the latest offer came in.
  • Look at AEG's website and their soccer teams, there's only 5 on there atm, and it doesn't look too pleasing to the eye, there's 3 on top and two on the bottom... now if there were 6 clubs there... ;)

I wouldn't read too much into Wise's appearances at the Valley, football's a suprisingly small game where everyone knows each other and everyone goes to watch a game or two anywhere they can. Who knows, maybe wise is a closet charlton supporter ;)
  • jeremy kyle
  • Dennis Wise has been analysing Charlton Athletic for a soon to be published article for Four-Feet-Two magazine ........................... FACT !
  • lol! Rudders22 and geecare. Deep analyses and no anaylses. I love it!
  • I think it could have something to do with Her Majesty.
    They've just let a rugby player into the family and want to start a team up in London.
    And as we are in the Royal Borough!
  • Rudders, I can't help thinking that the reason there has been nothing in the press about our takeover is because we're a 3rd division club and nobody (present company excepted) give a f**k about it.
  • Asian, possibly Indian, investors with solid and secure financial backing available to the club. Personally I don't think Peter Varney would do anything other than a good deal for Charlton. Both he and Richad Murray have invested a lot of time money and effort into the club, they are unlikely to sell it short now. That's my view anyway.