Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ipswich v Leicester

Surely this game wont run it's course? Half an hour gone and you cant see the lines on the pitch already - and the snow is still falling.

Comments

• Options
    3-0 up, but still heavily snowing, surely won't go the distance.
  • Options
    this game has to finish - i stand to win £400 from ipswich winning at ht and ft
  • Options
    Would you want to upset Roy Keane by calling a game off with his side 3-0 up....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]this game has to finish - i stand to win £400 from ipswich winning at ht and ft

ha ha brilliant well done .... i laid leicester on betfair and was swetting on this finishing .... nice
  • Options
    Can't believe it finished. Should've called it off in the first half when the lines disappeared.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Can't believe it finished. Should've called it off in the first half when the lines disappeared.
    the influence of the tv companies would have nothing to do with this of course
  • Options
    It was like being transported into the olden days. Personally I thought it was great they played; blue lines, a white pitch and an orange ball. Imo games are too easily called off these days (not that I remember anything else as I'm only 21, but have always loved seeing the pics).
  • Options
    Shouldn't this be under the Stuart Atwell thread?............
  • Options
    Very funny.

How the ball didn't get bigger when it was passed I will never know
  • Options
    bizarre that Shatwell took them off for 10 mins despite the pitch looking more playable than first half, glad it finished though keeps palace a little further adrift
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I love Stuart Atwell !!!!!!!

I actually thought at half time that they would stop if necessary in the 2nd half and give the ground staff time to clear again ! Not sure why i thought that as I have never heard it happening before, but was definately panicking when they were gathered on the touchline as Keane was remonstrating whilst trying to make the substitution on 57 mins.

Football betting aside - it was great to see the game completed and football being played as it would have been years ago - the pitch was definately playable !

The Ref must have also realised that with Ipswich leading 3-0 and having played 57 mins in those conditions - that they had to finish the game or he would have been slaughtered for starting the match in the first place, so it was probably more about him losing face than anything else
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    Football betting aside - it was great to see the game completed and football being played as it would have been years ago - the pitch was definately playable !

I love the "football betting aside" start to that sentence! Wonder if you'd say the same if you had money on Leicester/Leicester.

Well played though (and can you lend me a fiver?)
    ;o)