Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POLL: Sports Personality of the Year

This Sunday night. Be interesting to see how our poll will compare to the actual top three.

Comments

• Jess Ennis for me.

World Outdoor champion in 2009, she added the Indoor title in 2010 along with the European Championship whilst captaining the team. She is a hot to trot winner with a cute smile and steely determination, and a born winner.

Will rightly be the face of the 2012 Olympics, she set personal bests in five different disciplines in 2010.
  • Graeme Swann for me. Has been superb for England. Great bowler, catcher and has hit a few important runs in Test and limited overs cricket.

Decent bloke as well.
  • Cavendish for me, his achievements in the Tour de France were amazing. Ennis is a good shout but I'd argue the top of her game is the olympics, if she wins gold there then she should win it. Swanny also but he's the second best bowler in the world, if he gets to number 1 it should be all his next time around.
  • AP McCoy should win it, I think Westwood will though
  • AP for me by a country mile
    .Does more damage to his body in a week than any of the others do in a lifetime for the name of sport.
  • Quiet year so Phil Taylor to pick up an award for being the Ali/Pele/Jordan of his sport.
  • AP, spent all his career 2 stone underweight, Phil Taylor spent all his career 2 stone over.
  • Lee Westwood - Became the No. 1 golfer in the world. The most widely recognised sport for any of the people listed and he's the best in the world at it!...also part of the Ryder Cup winning team.
  • About time AP got some recognition. If Ryan Giggs could win it last year then McCoy shoul dhave no worry
  • edited December 2010
    Am torn between Cavendish and Swann.

[Have voted for Swann though now]
  • Sponsored links:

• Cycling, diving, athletics, horse racing, cricket, golf, darts, skeleton bobsleigh & boxing.

all the good sports
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]AP for me by a country mile
    .Does more damage to his body in a week than any of the others do in a lifetime for the name of sport.

Shouldnt fall off so often then.
  • Very open this year. McCoy or Taylor for a Ryan Giggs lifetime achievement award or Swann or Ennis for achievement over the last year alone.

Glad to see no footballers made the list as none have come close to deserving it over the last twelve months.
  • Not really a horse racing fan but Mc Coy has been there or thereabouts for years as multiple champion jockey and now he has finally won the Grand National he has won all the major races too.

I think this has to be his best chance as "non racing" people like me know about the Grand National and it would be thoroughly deserved if he does win it.
  • AP for me.
    though why they still have the 'personality' bit in the title baffles me.
  • Gone for Tony McCoy as he's a real champion, but Westwood should push him all the way.
  • edited December 2010
    Much as I admire Phil Taylor for being top of his game for so long, with the best will in the World, if you don't have to change your shoes to play a game it can hardly be called a sport.

I mean I've gone four years without being beaten at Monopoly against some decent opposition. Mind you, the next door neighbours eight year old daughter did come close last month.
  • Lets not start another is Darts a sport debate.

I went for AP, I think he deserves it for his lifetime achievements and topping it off with the National this year. Just looking through past winners I found it quite interesting no one from Horse Racing as ever one the award.
  • its got to be Phil for Me 15 times world champion
  • Swanny for me. He's brought confidence, fun and bounce to the England team. Don't think we'd be on the current run without him.
  • Sponsored links:

• hard to take this serious after that zara horse bird won it
  • Phil Taylor for me, He is different gravy.
  • The only one out of the above group who is

1. World Class
    2. Wins
    3. Has real personality

is Mark Cavendish. By a mile. The bloke is a total star.

However in reality..... I went to the Grand National and he broke down in front of me.....McCoy all day long.
  • Swanny!

Because, unlike most of the others he actually HAS a personality! Isn't that what it's about?
  • From the official definition of who is eligible for the award "Voted for by the public live during the TV show, this prestigious award will be given to the sportsman or woman whose actions have most captured the public's imagination"

So to answer it isn't necessarily about the sports person's personality
  • Swanny should win it for me. The best spinner in the world at the moment but i wouldnt mind seeing Phil Taylor or A.P McCoy win it either.

swann_510722s.jpg
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Cavendish for me, his achievements in the Tour de France were amazing. Ennis is a good shout but I'd argue the top of her game is the olympics, if she wins gold there then she should win it. Swanny also but he's the second best bowler in the world, if he gets to number 1 it should be all his next time around.

2nd best? Who's number one then?
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Cavendish for me, his achievements in the Tour de France were amazing. Ennis is a good shout but I'd argue the top of her game is the olympics, if she wins gold there then she should win it. Swanny also but he's the second best bowler in the world, if he gets to number 1 it should be all his next time around.

2nd best? Who's number one then?
    Dale Steyn according to the ICC's rankings
  • AP mcoy for me absolute legend
  • Cav's now seeing the delighful young Peta, 23.