Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Bexleyheath Song

Comments

• Options
    LMFAO
  • Options
    lol how rude! heard a chatham one simular to that also quite funny.
  • Options
    What's The Star in Woolwich doing in that film?
  • Options
    Yeah seen it before, it's only the majority of the 14-21 age group that are bringing down Bexleyheath.

It's generally quite safe area, being in Dartford half of the week, im so glad Bexleyheath will never get that bad.

Although never really go to the Broadway much apart from work, it's easier for me to get to Abbeywood.
  • Options
    had some great times in all those pubs shown, particularly the Camden. Near enough grew up in that place.

AFKA
    Bexleyheath and Proud
  • Options
    Im a bexleyheath woman born and bred. In my day it only had about two or three decent pubs but now the broadway is littered with them especially those at the top so you get all the herberts from plumstead and woolwich coming to drink in the area and generally lower the tone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite] so you get all the herberts from plumstead and woolwich coming to drink in the area and generally lower the tone.

Like Rothko you mean.

PS I was born in Plumstead, raised in Abbey Wood, educated (I use the word losely) in Eltham and that's why I live in Bromley.
  • Options
    i doubt rothko would lower himself to bexleyheath.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i doubt rothko would lower himself to bexleyheath.

Good point
  • Options
    spent many happy nights getting merry in the Camden
    but mainly was a 'Rape & Pillage' devotee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i went to school in bexleyheath and used to get the 229/269 up to the broadway every morning before school started for a hot chocolate and a hash brown before walking down to school.

those were the days. the fountain was built during my time at school. it was always the kids from erith and bexleyheath schools creating the trouble and leading us good girls astray!
    :-)
  • Options
    We used to do that, get the 96 to the Broadway, stand infront of the electrical shop (can't remember which one it was now) have a natter, meet the boyfriends & take a slow walk down to school that we had passed an hour earlier on the 96...................happy days!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]... educated (I use the word losely) in Eltham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]We used to do that, get the 96 to the Broadway, stand infront of the electrical shop (can't remember which one it was now) have a natter, meet the boyfriends & take a slow walk down to school that we had passed an hour earlier on the 96...................happy days!

we used to 'hang out' by the china shop, which was next to a radio rentals type shop. then they put all the benches in and the new bus lane/stops, so we used to pick a bench to hang out by.
    do remember i used to get a bus up early with some older girls, we used to sit at the top and front of the bus and on a wednesday we always used to talk about the previous evenings episode of quantum leap. christ, then i must have had a reality check, realised i was doing my street cred no favours, and made friends with the cool smokers down the back of the bus instead who were my age.
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]We used to do that, get the 96 to the Broadway, stand infront of the electrical shop (can't remember which one it was now) have a natter, meet the boyfriends & take a slow walk down to school that we had passed an hour earlier on the 96...................happy days!

The shopping centre was being built a good part of our school years i think. Was it Hydes or something the big shop before they knocked it down.
  • Options
    Laskys were n't it ?
  • Options
    i remember the big Co-Op where Primark etc are now.

Duke of Edinburgh - RIP
  • Options
    not sure shag, hydes is in my head for some reason.

They used to have an indoor market i thought afka where primark is?
  • Options
    Yeah they did have an indoor market there , co-op was part of it I think .

Also another indoor market at the other end of the Broadway , wicked cafe in there

Cinema as well RIP

Bexleyheath used to be good
  • Options
    Definately Hydes, used to 'hide' in it for hours when it came to buying school uniform (which did not amused Daddy Killer at all).
    Duke of Edinburgh was the only pub I was ever refused a drink............a day after my 18th!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    next to that pub, wasn't there a little sweet shop called the candy box? my friends used to buy their cigs in there. now where the tk max is?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]next to that pub, wasn't there a little sweet shop called the candy box? my friends used to buy their cigs in there. now where the tk max is?

Yeah there was Sooze , easiest place to buy fags under age
  • Options
    The indoor market was called trading world and it was there after the co-op closed down until they built primark. Used to hang out in trading world after school most nights when I was about 16/17
  • Options
    god the duke of edinburgh? had to really think there for a minute! memory not wwhat it was.
    what was the great record shop up the top there?
  • Options
    trading world! oh my god, that place was fab!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]god the duke of edinburgh? had to really think there for a minute! memory not wwhat it was.
    what was the great record shop up the top there?

only remember TW Records as thats the only place I went cos he was a Charlton fan wasn't he?
  • Options
    mate of mine used to work in the pets store at the back of trading world.

TW Records it was, they had one in Erith as well. Long time music fans will be pleased to know Cruisin Records in Welling is still going. Remember buying my cassettes and Commodore 64 games in there...
  • Options
    i bought a record bag from cruisin records. remember mum waiting in the car by jenny burgers whilst i ran in and got it. it said: jungalist posse on it, and had a furry palm tree as the pic on it.

i've got absolutely no idea why i got that.
  • Options
    Pour Homme and Gentrys were decent shops as well In Welling
  • Options
    so were casey's and korkies, and harris' shoes in blackfen,.....and they're still going!