Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FAO sheffield based addicks

regarding bougerra.
we know the wednesday board rate him at £3m, but how do the (honest) wednesday fans rate him? do they think he can hack it in the prem? can he be compared to anyone we have had in the past (heres hoping rufus/costa)?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2007
    i'm a charlton fan and have been ravin on about this guy since the begining of the window, seen a fair bit of him this season, watch wednesday lot more than charlton unfortunatly.

my honest assesment would b that he can hack it in the prem, and 2.5 mill is hardly alot of money is it?? Deff betta than what we've got at the moment, personally i'd play him as a defensive midfielder, since i believe we need more protection infront of the back four and then allowing the midfield to play abit more, esp since he's a great positioner and passer of the ball (not like el kak's constant long ball).

defensively he does the simple things well, reads the game, doesnt go to ground to often, can head the ball, is organised, likes to play the ball out from defensive rather than hoofing it up in the vague direction of benty. a very commanding CB bit like ferdinand esc, also quick

all in all gonna b a good buy, all my wednesday m8's gutted he's going - 'best player in a wednesday shirt, seen for years'
  • Options
    Paul have a butchers at the stuff on YouTube. Granted this is gonna be a little biased and not show any howlers.....

As scuffle said, looks comfortable on the ball, reads the game well, has got pace, seems to be cool headed and from these clips looks to play his way out of trouble (might be an issue against Prem oppo) and seems to want to link play and set up opportunities rather than just hoof it clear.

With him Diawarra and El Kak in a defensive triangle (with either El Kak or him as a defensive CM) we'd be able to hit a few teams on the break and have lots of pace at the back.

Bouggey Woogey
  • Options
    He looks mustard!! talal el kamakazi move aside!

i bet west ham snap him up in the last min!
  • Options
    try wachin him when he was at crewe

bougy vs the world
  • Options
    if zidane were a centre back!!!
  • Options
    Got the most important thing to be a Premiership player, which is pace
  • Options
    My only reservation is that he doesn't have a lot of experience - 39 games.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=43496

[quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Got the most important thing to be a Premiership player, which is pace[/quote]

And from those youtube videos..confidence and looks like he has a good first touch.
  • Options
    l8 bloomer?? how many games had ian wright played b4 he was 23/24?? end of day any signing's gonna b a gamble
  • Options
    Did he play against us in the cup last season?

I do like the song they sing, "Whats that coming over the hill is it Bougherra, Madjid Bougherra."

For that reason alone we should sign him.
  • Options
    no they only signed him on a free from french division 2 at the start of the season (and we got diawara!)

the lad is clearly a cut above, the best centre half in the championship by a mile and my wednesday mate raves over him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My only reservation is that he doesn't have a lot of experience - 39 games. - BFR

I knew someone would play the experience card.

So what - we are DESPERATE for a decent centre half as we do not have one - HH EL KAK FORTUNE all had there chance all crap.

How is he meant to get the experience then BFR if no team actually takes the chance on him
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    FOOTBALL GENIUS! by the look of it!

im still worried tho why come to us? shorely going on thes videos we cant be the only club after him? im 75% thinking that im going to open the paper on the last day of the transfer window and see him in a west ham shirt shaking alan curbishleys hand.

i also think that we should break the bank for trundle. i think he is superb. well worth a gamble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAk5VqVrEk4
  • Options
    For a sensible unbiased view, where is the Sheffield Eagle when you want him?
  • Options
    Just got back from a weekend with friends and family in Sheffield. Apparently Bougherra is their best player by a mile, and a big favourite with the crowd. The Sheffield Star says we've got him for 2.5m plus add ons, depending on progress. And a big sell-on clause.

But from the Wednesday point of view, Laws claims the 'the transfer saga as a mess'. Unlike Everton who were 'very professional in the way they made their approach', Charlton and Bougherra's agent have conspired to unsettle him. Bougherra refused to play and has missed the last two games. Charlton haven't even had the decency to phone Laws.

Laws also claims that Bougherra's choice of Charlton over Everton is a 'no-brainer' and that he's made the wrong decision. But it seems Moyes wouldn't guarantee him a place and he may have had to play in midfield at Everton.

From a Wednesday perspective it does seem like the Scott Parker saga. Bougherra's refusal to play so that he gets his move, derailing Wednesday's challenge for the play-offs in the process, does leave a bad taste in the mouth, even if we do get the benefit this time. Would all this be the handywork of Andrew Mills?
  • Options
    Let's hope so,About time we started to get serious!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Ledge Knows[/cite]My only reservation is that he doesn't have a lot of experience - 39 games. - BFR

I knew someone would play the experience card.

So what - we are DESPERATE for a decent centre half as we do not have one - HH EL KAK FORTUNE all had there chance all crap.

How is he meant to get the experience then BFR if no team actually takes the chance on him[/quote]

I'm not saying he's a poor player and I'm pleased that we've not only signed a quality player and furthermore it appears we've actually won one a bidding battles for a player. When was the last time we competed for a player with another Premiership side and actually signed the player in question?

I agree all our centre-half options have question marks over their head - HH is too old and becoming mistake prone, Diawarra, Fortune and El K also make too many errors, Gibbs and Sorondo are permanently injured etc. That means we are putting a lot of pressure on a guy without that many games under his belt who has to step up a level to boot.

I've never seen him play in the flesh but he's gone from the French second division to Sheff Weds, where he's an over-night success, albeit having played a few games at Crewe first, just seems a little odd to me. From the video compilations he looks the part and appears to have some confidence in his ability and more than a bit of pace, but in most of the clips he appeared to be playing in midfield not defense. Whatever let's hope he's eased into the team rather than dumped into it.

At any rate he's young enough to be around for a few years and I hope he turns into the new Rufus - who we've never really replaced.
  • Options
    the 39 games thing, if he does sign and it does blow up in our face, we may well look stupid. But from the bits of pieces i'm picking up, he seems to have the raw potential that could easily turn him into an £8m defender within 12 months.

One way or another, this won't be a player who is with us for years, but it may prove to be very lucrative, on and off the pitch.

Lets just sign the Bouger first....
  • Options
    in all the clips he's playin out from defensive, is just clearly a different level to every1 else on the field and liturally runs rings round them

i just hope he helps us stay up and has the balls for a relegation fight