Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

1st ever Football shirt/Kit

All in the title.

Mine was a captain Morgan sponsored Millwall shirt given to me by a family friend. Soon chucked out by my mum and replaced with a Charlton strip before it touched skin!

Comments

• Plain Charlton Red shirt circa 1968....you had to sew the badge on yourself.
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: TEL[/cite]Plain Charlton Red shirt circa 1968....you had to sew the badge on yourself.

Mine had a white v neck collar, but plain red and no numbers or badges circa '71-'72

Just checked up and the shirt I had was actually an early 60's!
    Must have been my uncles hand-me-down coz I didn't get it til 71-72!
  • World Cup 1986 England shirt
  • Sherington Road school team.

A big old blue and yellow canvas thing. Noah could have sailed his Ark with it.
  • The sky blue England 3rd kit from the 1990 World Cup. Desperately wanted the white one but I think the whole country sold out of them that summer. My poor mum must have taken me to about 30 different sport shops before I finally agreed to settle for the blue one. First Charlton shirt was the "Back to the Valley" one.
  • Mine was an Arsenal shirt, given to me by Vic Akers (the Arsenal kit man and Arsenal Ladies manager, though back then he was involved in the running of Arsenal's youth teams and managed the JVC indoor training centre at Highbury) around 1986. My parents ran a sports club and Arsenal under 16s played there (this was when Parlour, Cambell [not Sol] and Hillier were all under 16s)
  • 1957 Gravesend Tech.black collarless v-neck shirt adorned with school badge. In the early '60s us 6th. formers with a rebellious streak wore them 'back to front' under our white school shirts with tie undone and collar turned up. We thought we looked very stylish!
  • My first Charlton kit was the back to the Valley one when I was 8, still got it somewhere.
  • Charlton Home. 1979. Bukta Kit
  • Sponsored links:

• Viglen Quaser Home Shirt Circa 94/95. Love it
  • England 88/89. Was really proud when I got that as an 8 year old and ran around pretending to be Gary Lineker.

My first Charlton shirt wasn't until 91/92 the black n blue away shirt. Swapped it at St Andrews last day of the season for a Birmingham home shirt. I then sold that a few months later for the price of a Big Mac meal which I ate.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Viglen Quaser Home Shirt Circa 94/95. Love it

Same!
  • England from around 93/94 (this one)
  • leeds circa 1974. don't know whose idea that was.
  • I had the first England 1990 shirt but my first Charlton shirt was the red admiral Woolwich one. I loved that shirt but not as muchg as the black and blue away one!!
  • The infamous grey England away shirt. My first Charlton shirt was the MESH home shirt.
  • England Euro 96 shirt, the white one not grey.

Had a couple of Man Utd mid 90's shirts aswell. I know- soon came to my senses.

First CAFC one- think it was the purple/green GK Mesh one from 98, must have been the away gk kit as don't remember seeing it too much except maybe Royce v Liverpool at the Valley. Followed by the red mesh wembley one.
  • I think mine was a box set kit that could be purchased from woolworths?
    Choice of two colours, red or blue.
    Obviously red (for Liverpool at the time).
  • edited December 2010
    A Van Basten Holland Home Shirt

holland-home-football-shirt-1988-s_413_1.jpg

First Charlton Kit
    image_14960.gif&w=265&h=265
  • Sponsored links:

• First shirt was the Red Arsenal JVC shirt from the 93 FA Cup final.

First Charlton was the Admiral red Woolwich shirt which my mum bought from Deptford market for about 2 quid.
  • [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ollywozere[/cite]Viglen Quaser Home Shirt Circa 94/95. Love it

Same!
    this
  • my nan and grandad got me the england kit made by admiral with the stripes down the arm always remember mick channon and keegan wearing it , i think it was 1977 itched like fuck.
  • [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]my nan and grandad got me the england kit made by admiral with the stripes down the arm always remember mick channon and keegan wearing it , i think it was 1977 itched like fuck.

My first kit too, from San Fernando in Blackfen.
  • @ PBS, is that a Man U kit? - if so it was my first school team kit
  • Yep. from about '76/7 i think.
  • 92/93 season home shirt with 'back to the valley' banner under the badge.
  • edited December 2010
    Theoretically, I own every CAFC shirt from 1986-2010. The first one was the OSCA Woolwich shirt, closely followed by the sponsor-free Adidas shirt (that looked just like United's at the time).

A couple of those earlier ones are missing now, but hopefully stored away. I thought I had lost all of the others in a clear out in 2002, and couldn't bring myself to think about it. But earlier this year, i walked into the garden, and Dad (March51) had done this...

Back to the Valley shirt is hard to see, but is there (folded over on itself!), the Quaser shirt is in the middle. I loved that shirt so much. It felt futuristic with all those buttons. Some of these still fit, because I loved oversized shirts when I was a kid! It confuses people when they see me in an early 90s shirt that still fits. Like I time traveled or something.

Also, this site is most useful!

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Charlton_Athletic/Charlton_Athletic.htm
  • Quality Jimmy!
  • [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Charlton Home. 1979. Bukta Kit

same