Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Chris Hughton sacked

JTJT
edited December 2010 in Other Football and Sports
On SSN.

What a joke.

Comments

• Ludicrous.
  • pardew or dowie to bar codes
  • Went from 16/1 this morning to 1/3. Bookies obviously knew something.
  • NUFC - They just can't help themselves can they?
  • Oh god no.
    cue the shearer love in every hour on ssn until a new manager is appointed.
  • what a terrible way to run a football club... post earlier about clubs you hate for no reason? Newcastle! Fur coat and no knickers and that's not just the geordie lasses! Where on earth do they think they should be at this point in time other than competing in a very close premier league?
  • outrageous

only beat there biggest rivals 5-1 last month. they havent got a clue.
  • Shearer the messiah is obviously lined up.
  • Curbs i reckon?
  • Just when you think that pantomine of a club is finally getting some stability, they go and do this. Feel sorry for Hughton, seems a decent guy and has done a very good job there. Remember July 2009 they lost 6-1 at Orient after being relegated and now they are what 3-4 points off 7th in the Prem. The people upstairs there need to get a grip.

Interesting to see the odds for them to be relegated now. Personally can't see it but you never know.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Shearer the messiah is obviously lined up.
    BBC site says they want someone with more managerial experience.

He was never going to last there but they could much worse. They're 11th, as ISawLeaburnScore said, where do they expect to be in the league at this point in time?
  • Curbs is linked with every job, can't see him wanting to be involved with Ashley whatsoever.
  • I'm glad they've sacked him, he's been doing far too good a job over the last year and a half. Hopefully now they'll go back to what they do best - I've missed seeing dimwitted (and presumably unemployed) Geordies packing out St James Park on a Wednesday afternoon as they unveil their latest over-priced, under-performing foreign megastar signing. I've missed watching various ill-informed pundits going on about how they deserve to be challenging at the top of the table, even though they have no pedigree whatsover and haven't won a trophy since 1951.

Hopefully they'll put Shearer in charge and then he can spend the entire season droning on about pride and passion whilst leading them on a glorious march back to the Championship.

Bunch of idiots. What a shocking way to run a football club.
  • Joke club, the Spurs of the north!!
  • So precisely what did the heirachy of Newcastle expect this season?

I hope West Brom are satisfied with themselves.
  • I am frankly surprised by this - he was recently being talked about as getting a long extention to stop him from being poached.

Having said that I did see Ameobi was captain the other day so maybe his judgement isn't all that
  • 7-1 3F?

Alan Pardew

That is utterly hilarious. Sacked by championship-bound PL club, sacked by league one-bound championship club, sacked by league one favourites

Surely that merits managing a PL club with an ego bigger than Christmas?
  • Going to have a score on Keegan. It has to be, suely? lol
  • Lee Clarke or Poyet, purely to derail their promotion bids and help us.

Or Pardew for sheer comedy, actually he would be great- may sign some Saints players and de rail their promotion bid. Newcastle strike force of Carroll and Lambert with Lllanna behind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gazza !
  • Peter Beardsley, with his wealth of management experience, is 10/1. Is it me or...

Has to be O'Neill doesn't it?
  • Where's Parky's name?

Surely Gazza is the pick of the bunch. They would be perfect for each other.
  • That's more like it, Newcastle. We almost took you seriously there, for a while.
  • Raul Moat 9/4
  • Surely they can't reel out the "we need someone more experienced as a manager" and wheel in someone less experienced than Hughton, i.e. Poyet or only slightly more so, i.e. Clark? That's as bad as Dowie's family excuse!
  • Ant & Dec as joint managers 10/11
  • Hope Gazza's got his fishing rod, KFC, blanket and can of tenant's at the ready!
  • Another Club that does not learn from it's own mistakes. Joe Kinear locked on to be new Boss as he was never actually sacked from the Job.
  • WSSWSS
    edited December 2010
    Jacqui Oatley from the BBC has said she has spoken to an ex-player who says Pardew has had a job lined up for a few weeks...