Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boris' message to FIFA. Well its a start!

Boris Johnson has withdrawn the offer of a free stay in London's exclusive Dorchester hotel for Fifa executives during the 2012 Olympics.

The Mayor of London had offered the free accommodation for Fifa president Sepp Blatter and his team.

But after Fifa's decision on Thursday's 2018 World Cup vote - which saw the England bid get just two votes out of a possible 22 - the offer was rescinded.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-11921692

Comments

• Options
    Well done Boris.
  • Options
    at least someones got some balls and is not all talk.
  • Options
    nice one boris
  • Options
    Boris Johnson is a desperate prick. An incompetent, verbally flatulent over privileged village idiot. He will do anything to curry favour, to deflect attention away from his failure. This is utter bollocks.
  • Options
    top man bozza you could tell from the interview he did straight after that he wanted to say

the self serving cheating pigs at fifa have a lot to answer for
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Boris Johnson is a desperate prick. An incompetent, verbally flatulent over privileged village idiot. He will do anything to curry favour, to deflect attention away from his failure. This is utter bollocks.

couldnt disagree more boris is a top man
  • Options
    Not a fan then valley? Ha

Well done Boris.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Boris Johnson is a desperate prick. An incompetent, verbally flatulent over privileged village idiot. He will do anything to curry favour, to deflect attention away from his failure. This is utter bollocks.[/quote]

he speaks highly of you as well.
  • Options
    Utterly despise the man. He's turned the office of the mayor of London into an irrelevant circus. He has wasted millions of pounds on one crap idea after another. But that's OK... because he's "funny".
  • Options
    Well Ken Livingston turned it into a presidency
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    he has got great hair
  • Options
    Well done Boris. Offer them the local YMCA, and charge them double bubble.
  • Options
    Well Ken Livingston turned it into a presidency
    Yep. Livingstone regarded himself as the heir to the throne.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]Boris Johnson is a desperate prick. An incompetent, verbally flatulent over privileged village idiot. He will do anything to curry favour, to deflect attention away from his failure. This is utter bollocks.

He may also not be Mayor of London, when the games start.
  • Options
    yeah cos livingstone done well. when he cried during a reading after slave trade memorial. cock. well done boris.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]Well Ken Livingston turned it into a presidency

And he did good for London in my opinion.

Also I also welcome Boris's token slap on FIFA. I quite like him, but he is not his own man like Ken. He does what Dave tell him to do.
  • Options
    He will be. Because he's "funny".
  • Options
    So we tried to bribe them with free hotel rooms. They didn't go for it, so we've re-called our favours. Absolutely pathetic.
  • Options

Why dont you start your own miserable thread of hate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]

He will be. Because he's "funny".

this all day long

i would have boris as primeminister if i could
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Why dont you start your own miserable thread of hate?
    Nope, quite happy speaking my mind here thanks.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]So we tried to bribe them with free hotel rooms. They didn't go for it, so we've re-called our favours. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure you have grasped the contents of the article.
  • Options
    Nope, I think Stig pretty much sums it up. Boris makes us look even more pathetic, well done village idiot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charltonkeston[/cite]He does what Dave tell him to do.

Say what?
    Probably the least party liner Mayor London has had.
    Dont forget who gives the city its cash. You dont bite the hand that feeds you. What would you do?
    And more importantly what would be the effects on our city budget if we took your line?
  • Options
    Boris is a witty clever man who no doubt is good company. His politics or lack of them makes him a really crap mayor. Would have Ken over Boris as mayor anytime.
  • Options
    alright,apart from no fifa accomodation, what has boris johnson done for london?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]

Sigh. Shuffles away from another possibly humourous thread hi jacked by someone ''speaking their mind'' whilst taking care to put nothing of substance or any sensible development of discussion in their post.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]So we tried to bribe them with free hotel rooms. They didn't go for it, so we've re-called our favours. Absolutely pathetic.

Not sure you have grasped the contents of the article.
    Well, I've gone back and read it again, and I wouldn't alter one word of my original post. Please tell me what you think I haven't grasped, I'd love to know.
  • Options
    Whatever one's thoughts of Boris are (and mine are not particularly favourable) this is clearly the right thing to do.

FIFA has established itself as above governments. Look how it suspends associations where there is government interference. In Kenya, where I live, the Kenyan Football Federation (or whatever it calls itself) is a basket case. Cash disappears and they refuse to publish accounts in contravention of their articles of association. Yet the government is powerless to intervene because of threats from FIFA, who support the local officials. So you have a situation where the local officials run the sport badly but stay in power by some mutual backscratching arrangement with FIFA.

I am all in favour of any gesture, however small, that starts to cut FIFA down to size.
  • Options
    Posted By: Valley_floyd_red

Posted By: Valley_floyd_redBoris Johnson is a desperate prick. An incompetent, verbally flatulent over privileged village idiot. He will do anything to curry favour, to deflect attention away from his failure. This is utter bollocks.

Sigh. Shuffles away from another possibly humourous thread hi jacked by someone ''speaking their mind'' whilst taking care to put nothing of substance or any sensible development of discussion in their post.
    Alright then... bye bye.