Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Elliot to luton

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
I see Charlton are interested in signing Andy Drury. I reckon we'll buy Elliot and Llera from your good selves! if you do get Drury you have a good signing, at least at our level - completely consistent, lots of class and great temperament

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/3168/3/charlton-target-two-goal-luton-fa-cup-hero

Comments

• Llera maybe, Elliot, not a chance, he's our first team keeper.
  • You won't get Elliot. A little bit erratic at times but more likely to move up than down and most likely just to stay put. Llera makes sense, did alright Saturday but is certainly not too good for League 2 or even the Conference.
  • edited November 2010
    You can have Llera, he may have looked good against Luton but he is still a liability and has cost us valuable points this season.

No way will you get Elliot, only last week he was loosely linked with West Ham. Not that I want him to go anywhere that is.

Ps- you can have Abbott aswell.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]no comment[/quote]

You'd carry him there, if you could lift him...
  • You can have llera for 20p and a packet of hobnobs mate... actually scrap that, we'll give you the hobnobs if you take him off us
  • You wont get Llera and you wont get Elliot simples.
  • I was joking!
  • Why did Drury move from Stevenage to Luton if he was so important for them last season?! I mean, surely league football is more appealing than another season in the Conference...

Anyway, can't see either CAFC players going to Luton. Especially Elliott...
  • edited November 2010
    This came from the after match interview which is on Charlton Player.

All Parky said was he was a player he scouted last year when he was at Stevenage and we had not pursued the interest. I suspect if we had wanted him we would have made our move in the summer when he was on a free . We were also linked with Micheal Bostwick during the summer but he stayed with the League's newest team.

I know we were also in for Keith Keane at Luton last season.

I'd also like to know why Drury didn't stay at Stevenage folowing their promotion
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]This came from the after match interview which is on Charlton Player.

All Parky said was he was a player he scouted last year when he was at Stevenage and we had not pursued the interest. I suspect if we had wanted him we would have made our move in the summer when he was on a free . We were also linked with Micheal Bostwick during the summer but he stayed with the League's newest team.

I know we were also in for Keith Keane at Luton last season.

I'd also like to know why Drury didn't stay at Stevenage folowing their promotion

If he has a decent job it probably wasn't worthwhile for him to play football full time.

Although many Conference players are full time not all are and Drury might be one that isn't.
  • [cite]Posted By: eartheart[/cite]I see Charlton are interested in signing Andy Drury. I reckon we'll buy Elliot and Llera from your good selves! if you do get Drury you have a good signing, at least at our level - completely consistent, lots of class and great temperament

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/3168/3/charlton-target-two-goal-luton-fa-cup-hero

great ! a player thats good at conference level...just what we need to get us out of league 1
  • [cite]Posted By: Choice[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eartheart[/cite]I see Charlton are interested in signing Andy Drury. I reckon we'll buy Elliot and Llera from your good selves! if you do get Drury you have a good signing, at least at our level - completely consistent, lots of class and great temperament

great ! a player thats good at conference level...just what we need to get us out of league 1

We need a replacement if RM cashes in Racon or Semedo in January.
  • Rich I'd imagine Luton pay a hella of a lot more than Stevenage, much bigger club. Luton have traditionally been big payers, hence always coming into money toubles since they left the prem... just read Claridge's book.
  • Both Keane and Drury looked like they could play at Div 1 level. We shouldnt rubbish players just because they play at Conference level. I have watched a fair amount of Conference football through the years and there are quite a few who could well make it in our division. We have not had much luck with non league players, Fleetwood, Dickson etc but we shouldnt be put off, if the scouts think they are worth the risk. We are shopping in Liddles now not Harrods.
  • Drury no doubt upped his game Vs. us last week and will do at their place too .
    Bottom line is that he is a conference player for a reason.
    No thanks.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Drury no doubt upped his game Vs. us last week and will do at their place too .
    No thanks.

As at 30 Benno was an inexperienced tier 4 player. That said,it did not sound to me that Parkie was looking to follow up his initial scouting of the player
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Drury no doubt upped his game Vs. us last week and will do at their place too .
    No thanks.

So was Charlie Austin 2 years ago...
  • Keane's played at champ level. He is definitely top quality in league one. I'd be happy to have him here, only problem is his height. If we get back into the champ, a big if I know, we desperately need bigger more agressive midfielders. You look through the non-league now and the height and physicality of some of the teams is what you'd see at the more physically inclined pro-teams ten years ago.

People like Morrison and Benson have a body shape or physicality that just adds a bit to their game, which worries defenders. For me I'd rather take a gamble with these sort of players rather than say Simeon Jackson. But to replace either Semedo or Racon, I'd happily see Keane here; doubt there's much chance of that as we'd have to pay decent wages and a fee.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Drury no doubt upped his game Vs. us last week and will do at their place too .
    No thanks.

Charlie Austin isn't 30 though...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]People like Morrison and Benson have a body shape or physicality that just adds a bit to their game, which worries defenders.

*weeps with laughter*

I'm guessing that 'Morrison' must be Steve ... err ... Morison, but you've lost me with 'Benson'. Can't be Paul Benson as he has the physicality of Charles Hawtry.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Drury no doubt upped his game Vs. us last week and will do at their place too .
    No thanks.

Charlie Austin isn't 30 though...

So he'll be 32 in 2 years...
    Plenty of players at near best at 32
  • drury is 27 mate
  • With the takeover news, if we want him, we will probably get him. Think Parky will probably want a keeper, defender, midfielder and striker added to squad if the right palyers are available of course. He won't have done himself any harm with his performance against us!
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]With the takeover news, if we want him, we will probably get him. Think Parky will probably want a keeper, defender, midfielder and striker added to squad if the right palyers are available of course. He won't have done himself any harm with his performance against us!

Why would he want another keeper, Elliot has been in good form recently whilst Worner did not disgrace himself in his league games.

Agree he will look to strengthen in other areas especially in defence if Fry/Fortune are recalled/released and Seip makes an impact and gets into the side.
  • Mr Rudd, Benson has a body shape that's difficult for defenders to challenge, not because he's big and strong but because of his height. If defender's don't get tight to him, they are easily turned due to his decent touch and size that makes it difficult for defender's to get a toe in. Read what it says and ruminate on it, using 'or' might mean they have different attributes from their size.

The comment was a reflection on height. Sure the best players get away with being smaller, but invariably having height through the core of your team makes a big difference in sticky periods of matches. Just like Crouch, Benson makes defenders think twice in and around the box as if they fail in challenge he's going to turn them and cut them out the phase.
  • Why would elliot jump down from leag one to blue square
    Llera not botherd
  • [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Mr Rudd, Benson has a body shape that's difficult for defenders to challenge, not because he's big and strong but because of his height. If defender's don't get tight to him, they are easily turned due to his decent touch and size that makes it difficult for defender's to get a toe in. Read what it says and ruminate on it, using 'or' might mean they have different attributes from their size.

The comment was a reflection on height. Sure the best players get away with being smaller, but invariably having height through the core of your team makes a big difference in sticky periods of matches. Just like Crouch, Benson makes defenders think twice in and around the box as if they fail in challenge he's going to turn them and cut them out the phase.

Mr Tat,

You and I clearly watch a different player. Benson at 1.88m (6ft 2 ins in old money) is hardly a tall player by modern standards ... and I don't recall many occasions when he has turned a prematurely lunging defender.

After ruminating long and hard ...whatever attributes Benson has, I don't see "body shape or physicality" high on the list.
  • I wouldn't call benson a physical player. As it says on his twitter page "He has an uncanny nack off being in the right place at the right time"
  • [cite]Posted By: agim[/cite]I wouldn't call benson a physical player. As it says on his twitter page "He has an uncanny nack off being in the right place at the right time"

Yup, I'd go with that.