Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FAO AIRMAN

Can someone at the club find out why feckin Rochdale have not covered the bloody pitch, despite saying yesterday it would be covered, they confirmed a early decision will be made re the game this week, but also now confirmed the pitch aint feckin covered. W***ERS

Comments

• what did they say AIRMAN
  • Go up there and put them on yourself.
  • edited November 2010
    What's it got to do with you, I was asking Airman
  • So much anger. Why don't you ring them yourself Steve?
  • Well Norrthstandsteve. If Rochdale haven't covered the pitch despite the forecast of freezing conditions and snow then it is for a number of reasons.

1/ Pitch covers will only work at temperatures down to about -1 or -2 maximum. Anything lower than that and they are useless.
    2/ Prolonged periods of freezing temperatures will get into the ground even with frost covers on.
    3/ If snow falls on top of the covers, then the game will probably be off anyway.
    4/ They might not have any covers
    5/ If the surrounding streets, walkways, terraces, exits, entrances etc are frozen or covered in snow then the game is off.
    6/ The weather forecast may have indicated that frost covers on the pitch would have been a waste of time for the reasons already stated.

AND of course, the manager may want the game off, due to injuries or suspensions or just doesn't fancy playing a club in a good vein of away form at the moment..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]So much anger. Why don't you ring them yourself Steve?[/quote]

it's called humour and WSS knows it, and if you boverred to read original post you will see I did. Thanks for your concern
  • I like the bit where he gave airman 25 minutes to respond
  • would suit us if it was off though wouldn't it?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]So much anger. Why don't you ring them yourself Steve?

it's called humour and WSS knows it, and if you boverred to read original post you will see I did. Thanks for your concern

My, you're a prickly one today. "Humour"? Hmm, if you say so - comes across as a bit twat-ish to me if I'm honest.

I did bother to read your first post and nothing in it says that you rang them - does it?
  • From what I understand, the pitch at Spotlands froze up pretty badly along one side against Oldham on Saturday, even with the covers on that area of the pitch won't thaw unless the tempatures in Rochdale suddenly change.

The forecast looks terrible.
  • Sponsored links:

• the resident charlton life sarcastic retort monger is out today oh happy days
  • although I notice we are playing luton twice next week, is this a new rule?
  • any news nss?
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]the resident charlton life sarcastic retort monger is out today oh happy days

Rothko, I think he's talking about you.
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]any news nss?

Personally I think it's "disgusting" that the club think so little of us that Airman Brown hasn't given up his lunch break today to devote all of his time to this.

I blame Henry Irving. Not sure why exactly, but it just "feels" right.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]the resident charlton life sarcastic retort monger is out today oh happy days

Rothko, I think he's talking about you.

Wouldn't be the first time!
  • And Off It i'd say youre being almost as irritating as Henry Iriving at the moment... !
  • [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]would suit us if it was off though wouldn't it?

It wouldnt suit all of us who have shelled out for train tickets tho would it and have been looking forward to it? Mind you the weather is kind of putting me off but I wont be going to a replay that will most likely be held on a tuesday night.

Or could it be replayed on the 8th Jan as Carlisle are in the FA cup? ARe Rochdale still in the draw?
  • na they played oldham last saturday in a league game
  • never had this problem in the premiership , still park football means park rules
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]And Off It i'd say youre being almost as irritating as Henry Iriving at the moment... !

Ouch! Sorry mum.
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]And Off It i'd say youre being almost as irritating as Henry Iriving at the moment... !

Ouch! Sorry mum.

good boy. stop being so aggressive... you're normally funny!
  • Rochdale lost to FCUM in the cup.
  • "Funny?" "How the **** am I funny?"
    "I amuse you?" "Like a clown?"
  • Can't see this game going ahead, it's getting colder up here if anything!

I'm heading west tomorrow for another stupid hospital appointment! Hopefully it's a bit better than here in the NE
  • Thought they gave you the all clear after using that cream?
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]would suit us if it was off though wouldn't it?

It wouldnt suit all of us who have shelled out for train tickets tho would it and have been looking forward to it? Mind you the weather is kind of putting me off but I wont be going to a replay that will most likely be held on a tuesday night.

Or could it be replayed on the 8th Jan as Carlisle are in the FA cup? ARe Rochdale still in the draw?

as hardcore fans you would sacrifice half a day off wouldn't you? Just like I am sacrificing putting up with the new OS

:D
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]Rochdale lost to FCUM in the cup.

Just checked, I see Dag & Red are out of the cup too and so Daggers v rochdale goes ahead on 8th Jan...
  • Walsall's home game will probably be off this weekend too - why don't we get them down here and kill two birds with one snowball?