Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

**Walsall Game Changed To Sunday 12th December, 2pm KO**

Comments

• You ever do any work?
  • Only 48 hours to prepare for Brentford!
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]You ever do any work?
    Do you know how much AFKA pays me? My real job is just beer money!
  • What a bore. We need to be able to focus on beating Brentford and Luton
  • This is a bleedin nuisance some of us play football Sunday mornings.
  • Another Sunday lunch i'll miss.............Toby carvery in the evening then
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This is a bleedin nuisance some of us play football Sunday mornings.
    Lucky the game is in the afternoon then. ;-)
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This is a bleedin nuisance some of us play football Sunday mornings.[/quote]

Give it up ...
  • Pain in the arse. Had A table booked in celebration suite for 11 people. May have to cancel!
  • [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]This is a bleedin nuisance some of us play football Sunday mornings.

Good job your not one of them!
  • Sponsored links:

• Ideal for me, quick walk down from the Meridian after a 10:30 ko and a couple of post/pre-match beers (whichever way you look at it) will work out nicely!
  • NO NO NO...b*stards, I have to work that day!!! Very very P*ssed off!!
  • Is the Walsall match live on tv ;o)
  • I can't believe some people.
    We don't need to concentrate on Luton or Brentford. Stuff both those games.

We need 3 points against Walsall. end of !!
  • Gotta try and work 6-11 that day now, and make up the other 3 hours during the week...
  • [cite]Posted By: kingston[/cite]I can't believe some people.
    We don't need to concentrate on Luton or Brentford. Stuff both those games.

We need 3 points against Walsall. end of !!

Parky has some tough calls to make. Walsall at home is probably the easiest game of the three. I'd almost advocate playing our strongest side against Luton and Brentford and resting a couple against Walsall. Or is that foolish?
  • Yes it is foolish to take Walsall lightly. They may be bottom but they recently beat Carlisle who are decent, have some good L1 players and although we "should" win- Yeovil gave us a tough game last week whilst we do not have the best record against the bottom sides.

One major positive is that if Rochdale goes ahead, Dailly will be back for Walsall.
  • Does anyone know what will happen with tickets already bought for the game? do you just use them or will they have to re send with new date on?
  • They will be valid for the 12th.
  • Sponsored links:

• When was the last time we had a Sunday game!?
  • [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]When was the last time we had a Sunday game!?

Was Boxing Day last year a Sunday? if so then Swindon.

If not, Northwich Victoria.
  • Considering the Spurs draw, I would consider taking a risk by resting some players for the Brentford game and go full steam against Luton and Walsall.
    Have I said something stupid ?
  • edited November 2010
    With Rochdale likely to be postponed this weekend, and other teams playing 23 hours ahead of us on the weekend of Dec 11/12, we could conceivably go into the Walsall game having dropped outside of the top six.

Yes, I know we would have games in hand. But one would always rather have points on the board than games to play, I feel.

Both the weather and the fixture list are beyond our control, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

But if I was a betting man I'd put a few quid on Luton beating us because if we conquer Brentford we are so near a Wembley final (even if it is only the Johnston's Piss Pot), that the FA cup replay is surely the least important of the three games we will be playing in six days.
  • [cite]Posted By: incorruptible addick[/cite]With Rochdale likely to be postponed this weekend, and other teams playing 23 hours ahead of us on the weekend of Dec 11/12, we could conceivably go into the Walsall game having dropped outside of the top six.

Yes, I know we would have games in hand. But one would always rather have points on the board than games to play, I feel.

Both the weather and the fixture list are beyond our control, so I'm not going to lose any sleep over it.

But if I was a betting man I'd put a few quid on Luton beating us because as if we conquer Brentford we are so near a Wembley final (even if it is only the Johnston's Piss Pot), that the FA cup replay is surely the least important of the three games we will be playing in six days.

Richard Murray might not agree.

I don't what (if any) the financial benefits of the JPT are but a near full White Hart Lane would definitely give him some unbudgeted bunce!
  • edited November 2010
    Wouldn't a Wembley final (even though only the JPT) be worth more than a third round at White Hart Lane?
  • happy days, any games other than a saturday afternoon are good for me.
  • they will bring less than 100 for this
  • Actually, if last year is anything to go by, there is a bit of dosh in the JPT

http://www.football-league.co.uk/johnstonespainttrophy/news/20090901/support-your-team-on-road-to-wembley_2246525_1780709
  • We actually lose money by playing in the JPT apparently unless we got to the final.