Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK FA CUP - Charlton 2-2 Luton

Marks for each player who completed at least 30 minutes on the pitch:

llera = 6.60 MoM
Racon = 6.59
Jackson = 6.51
Reid = 6.32
Anyinsah = 6.21
Elliot = 6.16
McCormack = 5.83
Fortune = 5.28
Benson = 5.28
Wagstaff = 5.04
Francis = 4.53 ( one Lifer scored -6, this was entered as 0 )
Team = 5.58

This was neither the worst team nor worst player performance of the season, the following team scores were worse:
Brighton = 4.77
Brentford = 5.34
Huddersfield = 5.60

however it was the worst FA Cup performance by the team:
Barnet A = 6.52
Barnet H = 6.17

Neither was Francis the worst individual performance of the season with the following players scoring less than 5 so far this season:
Francis v Brentford = 3.55
Doherty v Brighton ; 3.93
Benson v Brighton = 4.10
Racon v Brighton = 4.28
Martin v Brentford = 4.43
Jackson v Brighton = 4.58
Semedo v Brighton = 4.60
Abbott v Brighton = 4.69
Benson v Brentford = 4.65
Francis v Brighton = 4.74
Fry v Brentford = 4.88
McCormack v Huddersfield = 4.92

However it was the lowest MoM score so far this season with llera on 6.60.

The overall averages for the FA Cup games are:
Elliot = 7.30 - 3 games
Semedo = 6.94 - 1 game
Llera = 6.60 - 1 game
Dailly = 6.52 - 2 games
Reid = 6.40 - 3 games
Fry = 6.38 - 2 games
Doherty = 6.35 - 2 games
Racon = 6.32 - 3 games
Jackson = 6.30 3 games
Anyinsah = 6.23 - 2 games
Benson = 5.61 - 3 games
McCormack = 5.55 - 2 games
Fortune = 5.34 - 2 games
Wagstaff = 5.27 - 3 games
Francis = 5.07 - 3 games
Abbott = 4.73 - 2 games
The team average for the 3 games is 6.06 in comparison with our League One overall average of 6.58

Thank you to all 39 of you that marked the players, our usual number for good home game is 50ish and for a poor one mid thirties, so considering the low gate and the game you did well - I'll give you 6.47 as I mark low!

Comments

• Thanks LL (cool j) - how about averages across all cups instead of averages for each cup competition?
    I wonder if this is the first time the motm has been rated the opposite by several individual posters?
  • Seems that Francis is the new weakest link.......goodbye?
    :-)
  • lol seems very harsh on francis alot of these, but hey ho theres always someone
  • Llera did ok, but can't believe he won people's MoM.
  • I think Llera always plays well after he's had a period on the bench. Comes back - does well and after he retains his place, takes "his foot off the gas" and often looks like he's strolling around. He made MOM because no-one else stood out....
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Llera did ok, but can't believe he won people's MoM.

He was a poor MOM, Racon came close but IMO Llera won more in the air and had a hell of a lot more to do due to the absent midfield, playing alongside a fortune who turned slower than an oil tanker, Francis who throughout the game played like an oil tanker

i couldnt score anyone over 6
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Llera did ok, but can't believe he won people's MoM.

Thought he was excellent - certainly alongside the rest of them. Declared him my MOM at 6pm on here on Saturday and wasn't in the least bit surprised when most seemed to agree.

Francis has now got three scores under 4.75. I don't think that's too unfair. He's had some very decent games - but he's also had some quite atrocious ones.

I can't help thinking he almost needs a split mark - one for when he's in the oppo's half (where he's pretty good) and one for when he's in his own half (where on days like last Sat he can hardly do anything right). Don't know what the problem is, but he must panic or lose concentration or something when he's defending, because he's so much more confident and reliable when he's going forward...
  • my little boy commented on Francis good job he can throw the ball dad because he can not kick it,

First time he had seen him and considering they play in the same postition it was funny listening to him screaming he's behind you every time Luton attacked and Francis was leaving the Luton player in acres

I have not seen anything to cchange my mind on him and i hope solly gets fit soon because francis is cack
  • Solly is out til January so Francis will be playing for another month at least.

A shame as he seemed to have improved over the last few weeks.
  • Great any team that wouldve scouted us defo will play up that side, panicy when being attacked with his back to goal, postioning shocking couldnt trap a bag of cement
  • Sponsored links:

• this new bloke from Plymouth - he can play RB can't he?
  • I hope so
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]this new bloke from Plymouth - he can play RB can't he?
    OS called him a RB that can play CB, though he's meant to be a CB who can play RB.