Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rochdale

Feel free to tell me I'm jumping the gun on the official CL thread. But is anyone else a bit worried that in the middle of all the excitement over potential spurs games, tv coverage etc Rochdale could quietly nick a point or worse. Theyve drawn their last three, two against better opposition and must be looking to pick up their season with a tasty win against the likes of us. The team must be feeling a bit unsteady after a draw against Luton and also against a beatable BR. And in that event wins for the four behind us will put us down to 6th again (if I've got my sums right).

Tell me I'm just letting the dark nights and cold weather get to me...

Comments

• Yes agree with all of the above, but then they will look at our recent away record and shite themselves
  • Like it, feeling better already...
  • Rochdale game is not gonna go ahead this Saturday with the predicted temperatures ranging between -3 & -8, unless theres a dramatic u turn in the weather the pitch is gonna be frozen !

We have then lost our early bird train tickets and will then have to go on a Tuesday night in Jan no doubt !
  • no we aint i going up north, ive spent on my train tickets and will cross a ground off the list wherever it may be
  • Thinking about cancelling our accommodation in Yorkshire for Friday & Saturday nights.
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]no we aint i going up north, ive spent on my train tickets and will cross a ground off the list wherever it may be

not a bad idea still but theyre all gonna be in trouble up there
  • Man City and Wigan will be on but we have all been there. Accrington would be a good one if ours is off and they manage to get their pitch playable
  • Judging by what I see out the window in a city that supposedly doesn't get bad snow, there is zero chance of this match going ahead if it's any worse than here (which it is). The pitch may be all right, but the roads and pavements will be terrible
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: charltonfan[/cite]Man City and Wigan will be on but we have all been there. Accrington would be a good one if ours is off and they manage to get their pitch playable[/quote]

i haven't done wigan , so think ill do that one
  • I been wigan once, dreadful game, - what did Diawara do in that game - last game there in the prem i think? - empty ground, goal music and the coldest i had felt at a football match that I even had a bovril... no ta!
  • Sponsored links:

• Going to Blackburn or Bury if the game is postponed. Bury will probably be off but it would be a new ground and a lot closer to Manchester Picadilly.

Blackburn, decent price tickets at 15-20quid in certain areas.
  • City for us, £32 for 4th v 6th in the Premier League is a good offer
  • edited November 2010
    I think anyone who will still go so far up the country in these weather conditions and risk getting stuck on a train for hours mad. I will stay in my nice warm home or do something far more productive with my saturday then watch someone elses team. You are all crackers.
  • happy days for tavern
  • Why - has he said he's still going up with you?
  • nope but you are going to something far more productive in bed, so looks like it's happy days for tavern
  • ive changed it as am embarrassed!
  • The game is not going to get called off. trust me :)
  • in nick we trust
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]ive changed it as am embarrassed![/quote]

B thats brilliant can't stop laughing
  • Sponsored links:

• Thanks Nolly your the only person to ever say that about me.
  • Quote from a Rochdale forum

'The pitch, especially down the main stand side, was becoming frozen by the end of the Oldham game. Even if they've let us keep their covers there's little chance those frozen areas will thaw this week and if anything it'll have become slightly worse. If the forecast doesn't change there's no chance because as soon as the covers come off it'll freeze even more.'

So not looking so good. I'm visiting family in York, so no excuse for disappearing for the afternoon now :(
  • [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]in nick we trust

make you right , a very wise looking old sage is our nick , he's been around and knows what it's all about