Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

spurs

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
friggin great tie lets hope no crapping themselves with luton and losing to a non league side

Comments

• Very pleased with draw
  • WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    I'd rather meekly go out to Luton I think then get spanked 6-0 by that lot.
  • tell me about it,thats the one i wanted .
  • Nearly perfect, we better beat luton!
  • what a tie......towards the end tottenham were the only team i would've liked to get, definitely up for Luton now
  • [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd rather meekly go out to Luton I think then get spanked 6-0 by that lot.

There could be a possible £200,000 plus in gate receipts if we can beat Luton and play Spurs. (If there is a 36,000 full house, with an average of £15 a ticket).
  • bring it on, lets change our recent cup history and get going on a cup run.

COYR!!
  • edited November 2010
    if we do get through it will be a great atmosphere , but i reckon we will get smashed
    they just beat liverpool!!
  • Hang On hang on . too may people jumping the gun. Luton away is a bloody tough game.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'd rather meekly go out to Luton I think then get spanked 6-0 by that lot.

There could be a possible £200,000 plus in gate receipts if we can beat Luton and play Spurs. (If there is a 36,000 full house, with an average of £15 a ticket).
    I know, I know.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Hang On hang on . too may people jumping the gun. Luton away is a bloody tough game.
    Ok. Nobody comment on the third round draw!
  • January 7th, 1961, FA Cup 3rd Round : Tottenham v Charlton 3-2 I was there. We really gave them a fight.
    You can easily imagine my eagerness to relive the experience exactly 50 years later.
    WE'VE GOTTA BEAT LUTON.
  • HigHig
    edited November 2010
    Fantastic draw, really want to beat luton now.
  • Probably couldn't be more embarrassing than our last trip to White Hart Lane when Uncle Les was in charge.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Hang On hang on . too may people jumping the gun. Luton away is a bloody tough game.
    I agree to an extent, but we have to beat a conference team here. I know about northwich last year, and the fact luton should really still be in the football league, but this is a great opportunity
  • Even allowing for the demise of the Cup, with a healthy away following, the attendance will top 30,000. At Spurs' extortionate prices ( even reduced for this game ), we should take £250,000 to £300,000 as our share of the gate receipts.

We certainly need the readies and it would ease the pressure a bit. If Shelvey plays in a couple of Europa Cup dead rubbers and makes a few more sub appearances in the League, we'll be heading towards a £250,000 payment there as well.

Parky will certainly be putting out his strongest side for Kenilworth Road.
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]Hang On hang on . too may people jumping the gun. Luton away is a bloody tough game.
    I agree to an extent, but we have to beat a conference team here.

Exactly. Yes, we all know about cup upsets. But they are invariably over one leg, aren't they? As in when the 'little' team raises its game for the big ocassion and plays its heart out for 90 mins. It doesn't happen twice. Or does it?

We've already had the cup upset, which was a non-league side holding a top div three side.

If we can't get the better of a conference side over 180 mins, then there is something seriously wrong. So I'm confidently going to say : SPURS HERE WE COME.
  • Replayed Berbatov making El Karkouri looking silly in my head as soon as the draw was made. No chance we'd win but it would be a fun tie should we beat Luton.
  • Money would be good but it's just another reminder of how far we have fallen. Not so long ago we would be playing them on equal terms. Now I just hope we don't get embarrassed.
  • Yes I was there in 1961, remember Brian Tocknell with a screamer that just went the wrong side of the post - would have made it 3-3.

Just a thought Bale v Francis- frightening!
  • Sponsored links:

• Johnnie Jackson should be up for it though, wouldn't bet against him scoring on recent form either.
  • Money would be good but it's just another reminder of how far we have fallen. Not so long ago we would be playing them on equal terms. Now I just hope we don't get embarrassed.
    Yeah because when we were in the Premier league we always got a result against Tottenham and were never hammered White Hart Lane.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]
    Money would be good but it's just another reminder of how far we have fallen. Not so long ago we would be playing them on equal terms. Now I just hope we don't get embarrassed.

Yeah because when we were in the Premier league we always got a result against Tottenham and were never hammered White Hart Lane.

I seem to recall we did reasonably ok there and won a couple of times.
  • Actually you're not wrong Off_it. However, I also remember getting spanked by a lesser Tottenham side than they have now.
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley_floyd_red[/cite]
    Money would be good but it's just another reminder of how far we have fallen. Not so long ago we would be playing them on equal terms. Now I just hope we don't get embarrassed.

Other than the 5-1 what were the other hammerings?

We drew with them in 98, 01 and 02, beat them in 02,03 and 04.

We only lost in our last two seasons there by my reckoning.
  • couldnt have got a worse tie for me

the bloody yids i will get dogs abuse if we get to them and get battered
  • We only lost at spurs twice out of 8 visits in the prem, and those two were in our last two seasons up. Must've been one of if not our best away ground when we were up there.
  • edited November 2010
    League 1 team against a Champions league team should say 11-0
    This is the Fa cup anything could happen
    great for the clubs revenue if we are able to get past Luton first
    Be nice to see are best mate Jermain Defoe again
  • Third round White Hart Lane.Was there when Flanagan equalised late on .Great atmosphere that afternoon.Early eighties that was.But we need to focus on Luton now.
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]couldnt have got a worse tie for me

the bloody yids i will get dogs abuse if we get to them and get battered

Maybe, but think of what you will do if the unthinkable happened - THAT'S what supporting Charlton is all about.