Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luton Replay - Live on ESPN Thursday 9th December

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Just had a look through the schedule on ESPN's website - it states that they will be broadcasting an FA Cup Round 2 Replay on Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 December. Considering there were only 4 draws yesterday (and Friday) - us, Brighton vs FC United, Hereford vs Lincoln and Crawley vs Swindon - there must be a pretty decent chance of our game being picked. I'd say Brighton/FC United will definitely be on and then it's between us and Swindon/Crawley for the other one.

Having said that, seemed pretty set in stone that the replay would be on Tuesday 7th, stated in programme and on the tannoy at the end (also stated in programme that replay tickets would be a tenner).

Anyone able to shed any light?

Comments

• They will pick FC United because of the better potential for new subscribers.
  • In some ways I hope not unless we bag Wednesday 8th.

and Thursday to Saturday turnaround would be challenging to say the least
  • The choice - pick 2 from four ties:

FC United v Brighton
    Lincoln City v Hereford
    Luton v Charlton
    Swindon v Crawley

No brainer I think unless they can go for one that was called off yesterday:
    Droylsden v Leyton Orient,
    Notts County v Bournemouth,
    Hartlepool v Yeovil,
  • Sorry didn't get that quite right the Droylsden v Orient if live on ESPN tomorrow night .
  • Can't help but think they'll pick the Crawley and FC United games!
  • [cite]Posted By: Mad_Hatter[/cite]Can't help but think they'll pick the Crawley and FC United games!

Think FC United is a cert. If Crawley were at home in the replay then maybe they'd favour that but they're not - biased as I am, I reckon Luton v Charlton's a much more attractive proposition.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mad_Hatter[/cite]Can't help but think they'll pick the Crawley and FC United games!

You are probably right!
  • A non-league team at home to a league team is almost guaranteed to be televised, but it's rare for a league team at home to a non-league team. Odd. Using that logic I reckon Droylsden v Leyton Orient and FCUM V Brighton. I'll be surprised if a third game is televised.
  • A non-league team at home to a league team is almost guaranteed to be televised, but it's rare for a league team at home to a non-league team. Odd. Using that logic I reckon Droylsden v Leyton Orient and FCUM V Brighton. I'll be surprised if a third game is televised.

Droylsden is on TV against the O's tomorrow.

If it were a replay it would be at Brisbane Rd. By that logic we will be chosen
  • edited November 2010
    The draw enhances the chances of it being our game which gets televised, as the prize is a trip to Whiter Hart Lane, which is a very 'sellable' line to the viewing public.

The winners of the Lincoln and Swindon ties will face Wycombe and Derby.
  • Sponsored links:

no chance crawley, they are away and didnt look remotely like causing an upset yesterday
  • haven't fc united already been on tv in round 1? I think they should spread the tv money around a bit if so.....
  • do we really wanna be on the telly with our record in front of the cameras and the match being primed by sky for an upset
  • and the fact that it would probably hit our away support a bit for a game when we could do with as many as poss up there - no! but we don't have any say anyway...
  • edited November 2010
    How much would we get from ESPN if this was on TV? 50K ?
  • if they are showing two replays I can't see how one of them won't be us especially with Spurs waiting in the next round.
  • as an overseas addick - would love it to be on tv/streams
  • TV coverage is worth £36k. Likely.
  • FA web site has FCUM's game as the only one scheduled for the Wednesday, so that's a cert for TV then. Failing O's and Droylsden drawing I think (and hope) it will be us live on the Tuesday.

Wonder if Man Utd v Liverpool will be a live game in the 3rd round...?
  • 27k for round 2 winners
    72k for live round 2 tv game
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]FA web site has FCUM's game as the only one scheduled for the Wednesday, so that's a cert for TV then. Failing O's and Droylsden drawing I think (and hope) it will be us live on the Tuesday.

surely ours will then be switched for the Thursday game, if it's live ? - I guess that's what the club are waiting on at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]FA web site has FCUM's game as the only one scheduled for the Wednesday, so that's a cert for TV then. Failing O's and Droylsden drawing I think (and hope) it will be us live on the Tuesday.

surely ours will then be switched for the Thursday game, if it's live ? - I guess that's what the club are waiting on at the moment.

Oh yes, sorry. missed that...
  • edited November 2010
  • Not ideal to play Thursday then Saturday though.

Actually, its bloody ridiculous.
  • Thursday night? I take it we can't move the Saturday game then?
  • Money talks!
  • Thursday, Saturday, Tuesday.

Or we can play Walsall on the Sunday, and rest players at Brentford
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]and rest players at Brentford

Do we not have to play a certain number of first teamers in the JPT?
  • can you pay for a one off game on ESPN or do you have to subscribe properly?
  • I don't want to rest players at brentford, we're two games from wembley. It is a disgrace that they can put it on the thursday. you watch - we'll lose all three of them games (luton, walsall and brentford) and then our season will suddenly hang distinctly in the balance