Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton 2-2 Luton - Post Match Views

WSSWSS
edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Wasnt there, and in all honesty I'm really not that bothered.

Quite sad really. Hey ho, at least we're in the draw.

Comments

• I believe its now 10 unbeaten for Parkys Boys now
  • Brighton drew with FC United as well. They're having a similarly indifferent period of form.
  • if we draw a big team it will add some spice if we know there is 250,000 plus riding on it..
  • edited November 2010
    We didn't even give the new boys a run out and sounds like we were lucky to hold out for a draw. They had all the possession and more shots on goal. At one pont we had given away 12 fouls to their 6, Fucking ridiculous result. 4 games against Barnet and this lot in the middle of a promotion campaign, moght as well have given in to Brnet at the first game, this is gonna cost us.
  • I wasn't there but I'm going to do the current CL favourite thing and blame Simon Francis for everything!

In all honesty though it's another game unbeaten and were in the 3rd round! Not sure we needed another game but so be it
  • i'm just going to gloss over this with a wishy washy - we aren't known for cup runs
  • One positive (i think) is that Dailly misses the replay of this rather than a league game (against Walsall?)
  • Oh well, there's always curry and a dvd
  • edited November 2010
    I backed us on betfair at 1.57 and then at 1.77 once I realised we had a strong team out thought iwas buying money ..... Stinks of a moody betting scandal for us to not beat a pub team when we have a strong team out but these things happen with world class long distant shots beating our keeper you just have to accept it...... we weren't good enough in the day but I wonder why???
  • it was grim. Replica of every other shite cup performance we have endured in the last ten years.

Rubbish result, rubbish performance, rubbish home turn out.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2010
    Completely second best in the first half, yet Luton were only level thanks to a very dodgy penalty.

2nd half even stevens. Looked an absolute belter for their equalizer. Felt sorry for Llera. He played very well, as for Jon Fortune.......
  • Just what we need another match in a cup we wont win. Play the kids in the replay Parky, we dont need injuries.
  • Possible TV (£36k) money from the replay, another £27k for hopefully getting through - maybe not a bad thing?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Rubbish result, rubbish performance, rubbish home turn out.

Spot on. Was terrible, plus the novelty of drinking ale is startin to wear off.
  • wont be on telly i wouldnt of thought fc united v brighton b on instead
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]Possible TV (£36k) money from the replay, another £27k for hopefully getting through - maybe not a bad thing?[/quote]
    Fair shout Oakster, but if it affects promotion chances then it aint worth jack!
  • [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Completely second best un the first half, yet Luton were only level thanks to a very dodgy penalty.

2nd half even stevens. Looked an absolute belter for their equalizer. Felt sorry for Llera. He played very well, as for Jon Fortune.......

Was Fortune bad? If so, what's up with him?
  • It is a bit derogatory to call Luton a pub team. I thought they were a decent side who passed it around nicely. In Drury and Keane they had two very good midfielders who would not look out of place in division one. We looked lethargic in the first half but in the second half we looked comfortable. Their goal came out of the blue. I am not sure whether he meant that. The penalty was very soft, from where i was it didnt look like one.
  • [cite]Posted By: mparsons1[/cite]wont be on telly i wouldnt of thought fc united v brighton b on instead

i'm clutching at straws here!
  • So you never in your history as a league team go out of the FA cup to a non-league team, then two come along at......doh!
  • Sponsored links:

• Benson's feet was not connected to him today I must say
  • Very suprised that Sodje didnt start today. I agree Benson looked like he had trouble standing up. Thought the turn out of Charlton fans was was very poor.
  • [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Completely second best un the first half, yet Luton were only level thanks to a very dodgy penalty.

Was Fortune bad? If so, what's up with him?

Fortune doesn't look fit. He had a torrid first half. 3-4 times the Luton centre forward drifted away from him and he simply couldn't get near him when he tried to track back. The Luton guy was not particularly pacy either.

He clearly can't play two games in a week.

More worrying was his lack of concentration. Time after time he just seemed to switch off and be in a world of his own. McCormack bollocked him atleast twice in the first half.

Complete contrast to Llera who won virtually everything in the air and looked surprisingly steady on the deck as well/
  • Thought we tried to play the game in 2nd gear and were lucky to come out of it with a draw. Make no mistake, Luton were much the better team attacking wise. Stupid thing is, we had 2 decent attacks in 1st half and scored from both of them.

Francis is hopeless, Fortune looks far from convincing, Wagstaff stll doesn't look 100% although he covered well defensively, love Reid as a player but he needs to do the simple things sometimes. Llera & Racon were the only two I picked out as having half decent games.

Great support from Luton, our turn out was pathetic.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]I backed us on betfair at 1.57 and then at 1.77 once I realised we had a strong team out thought iwas buying money ..... Stinks of a moody betting scandal for us to not beat a pub team when we have a strong team out but these things happen with world class long distant shots beating our keeper you just have to accept it...... we weren't good enough in the day but I wonder why???

I was in block K North Upper and couldn't have had a better view of the shot that hit the post. We did nothing to close it down, but if it had gone in I would have agreed with criticism of Robbie. He reacted very slowly and was almost leaden footed.

Unlucky with the penalty and not helped out by his team mates who all stood and watched as the bloke followed it up.

No chance with their equalizer.
  • Reid is an idiot, playing up for the cameras whenever he could...
    When he beat the man, then kept it simple and laid the ball off or put in a cross he was brilliant... but that wasnt often enough,

Llera seemed to be playing centre mid; Francis (who had a mare in the 1st, but was good in the second half) constantly had to cover him
  • Listening to it on CAFC player it sounded as though, once again, it was typical Charlton cup performance - lack of hunger (complacency?) and were not 'up for it' from the word go.
    Waggy sounded off the pace and there sounded little fight in the middle of the park, plus Benno didnt sound as though he had a good game either!
    As I said, I was listening and updating on here, so not at the match and therefore I could be mistaken in my opinion.
    We could do without another game as the players need a break before the busy Xmas schedule.
    To be honest I would expect a better performance at their place, as recently we seem to be playing better away from the Valley.
    However we didn't lose and thats now 10 games unbeaten in all comps, a good turnaround from Brighton. I just hope we win the replay convincingly.
  • Below par performance from our lads. I was surprised at the poor turnout from our fans, but Luton filled the away stand and created an atmosphere.

Luton looked a decent team first to the ball and passed it round well. I thought they might tire as the game wore on and that we'd overrun them, especially after our first goal went in - how wrong can you get?

From my pretty good vantage point, that was never a penalty and if their player intended that second goal I'm a Chinaman.

I thought Llera had a good game and if he carries on in that vein Parky will have a decision to make when Dailly is back (I'm not suggesting Dailly will struggle to get back in btw).
  • Benno_14 Paul Benson
    Lead boots on today...as if I'd never kicked a ball before in my life
  • Not a pen from my view, lucky without the rebound (incidentally anyone critising the follow up - the guy who scored had 6 yards on everyone else!) and their second was a screamer. Think we'll do then at their gaff.