Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2011 Music Festivals

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone planning to go any particular ones, or are there any you recommend?

Comments

• SW4 is by far and away my favourite day of the year.

but then im a trance/house/tech man so bands and stuff isnt really me.
  • Next yr doing WMC in Miami, timewarp in manhiem, hopefully sonar in barcelona (if got dollar left!!), really want to do movement in detroit - but that simply wont happen no way on earth could afford that on top of everything else doing

Will try do some free and small festivals aswel will just see whats on and when i'm free thou,

oh and Bestival - the only Big(ish) festival left in the UK worth doing
  • edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]SW4 is by far and away my favourite day of the year.

possibly the worst 'festival' although other than the price nothing 'festival' about it. Granted couple of good acts but always playin nomore than hour long sets and alot of very overly commercial toss inbetween

if you like house and tech check out bloc festival, bestival or kendal callings quite cool - also if you like the 1 day type affairs coccon in the park (leeds) rocks, just a shame they dont do tribal anymre - now that was a party!!
  • [cite]Posted By: scruffle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]SW4 is by far and away my favourite day of the year.

possibly the worst 'festival' although other than the price nothing 'festival' about it. Granted couple of good acts but always playin nomore than hour long sets and alot of very overly commercial toss inbetween

if you like house and tech check out bloc festival, bestival or kendal callings quite cool - also if you like the 1 day type affairs coccon in the park (leeds) rocks, just a shame they dont do tribal anymre - now that was a party!!

fair enough not 'festival' as in camping and all that shite, but the atmosphere is brilliant.

Marco V vs Sander Van Doorn there this year is still the best set ive seen and was closely followed by Gareth Emery. Other dance events other than Global (which is a shitehole) cant attract such a wealth of talent during one day.
  • Got my Glastonbury ticket already, hoping to do Secret Garden Party and Bestival too, if I have any spare pennies I wouldn't mind doing Ibiza Rocks or Pukkelpop but really can't see that happening.
    My friends who went to Secret Garden Party said it was totally mental last year, like visiting another world for a few days. It really depends in what you're into music and attmosphere wise. I'd recommend you to stay away from Reading as its full of total tools.
  • I was thinking about going to festival au Desert in Mali in January, but travel in organised convoys is prohibitively expensive and my usual mode of travel (get off plane, get a bus, taxi a bit, get another bus, arrive late and hot gasping for a shower) seems suicidally rash even to me...
  • Yeah i was thinking about reading, but some mates weren't too keen. Then i really wanted glastonbury but the time of year isnt great, though i'll try and push it to happen. Im not much of an expert of when it comes to festivals, just someone who wants to do some more and have a good time.
    What is secret garden party like?
  • Purbeck folk festival was great last year and only cost £50 for the weekend including camping. I am thinking of doing Cambridge folk festival next year, but I'll wait to see the lineup.
  • benicassim looks great next year , Primal Scream , Arvtic Monkeys and the Strokes.

If I wasn't gonna be spending next summer up to my eyes in nappies then that's where me and Mrs buckshee would be going
  • Reading... atmosphere is quality
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll probably go to a couple of days of the Download Festival (formerly Monsters of Rock) at Donington. If there's a good selection of Metal bands on the bill I'll be doing Reading as well.
  • Primavera Sound, Barcelona (again) - bought ticket for £90 before Pulp announced their reunion :-)
  • Done Reading.
    Loved it.

Feeling RockAM ring in 2011.

F*ck yeah!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Got my Glastonbury ticket already, hoping to do Secret Garden Party and Bestival too, if I have any spare pennies I wouldn't mind doing Ibiza Rocks or Pukkelpop but really can't see that happening.
    My friends who went to Secret Garden Party said it was totally mental last year, like visiting another world for a few days. It really depends in what you're into music and attmosphere wise. I'd recommend you to stay away from Reading as its full of total tools.

sectret garden party is a great shout as is Pukkelpop (best european fest last yr by all accounts, money wise). Would also love to do the electric elephant in crotia (done by the unabombers crew) thats meant to be awsume.

there's just too much choice, benicassim looks good again but after the sand storm yr before last dont think could do that again!
  • Yeah Benicassim looks good but a friend of mine who has been to the last 3 always has a horror story, the sand storm among other natural problems. But the worst thing is that each year she has got back to her tent to find someone has taken a crap in her sleeping bag, that's harsh!
  • Got my Isle of Wight ticket for next year. KOL, Foo's, Pulp, Kasabian announced already. Always a great atmosphere so should be a good one.
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcpolo[/cite]Got my Isle of Wight ticket for next year. KOL, Foo's, Pulp, Kasabian announced already. Always a great atmosphere so should be a good one.
    With the exception of Pulp that is dreadful for IOW
  • Definately going Reading again...
    Be askin santa for this :L
    163045_464825037342_668752342_6138614_5228018_n.jpg
  • Reading 2010 was amazing, loved it! got my ticket for glasto already for next year, always a gooden. was tempted by IOW but seeing KOL in a few weeks, and then foos in june, seen kasabian when they supported oasis at wembley. so undecided on what else!
  • I'll definitely be going to High Voltage in London next year as Judas Priest have announced their final world tour will take it in. Can't beleive Priest are packing it in after all these years, hopefully the 'last ever tour' stuff will be about as true as those of Kiss, Ozzy, Black Sabbath, etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Really fancy doing the Snowbombing Festival in Austria but it's at the wrong time for me. Up The Addicks that poster is for 2012 so it won't matter if you go next year or not!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]Really fancy doing the Snowbombing Festival in Austria but it's at the wrong time for me. Up The Addicks that poster is for 2012 so it won't matter if you go next year or not![/quote]

Poster from the future oooooooooooooooooh
  • edited February 2011
    49654231.png
  • [cite]Posted By: Folev the red[/cite]49654231.png

Sunday ticket being bought just for Eminem... cant wait!
  • V Festival line-up is hilarious
  • 'End of the road' for me
  • Hopefully On Blackheath Music Festival on 10 and 11th September... unless of course Blackheath Society get their way and get it cancelled.
  • Already got I.O.W & V tickets,,,,,,,,,,gonna be a great summer!!

And The Who at Reading..........so i off there too!