Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

according to the Opta stats ....

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
.... Faye has a very good pass rate and tackle rate (but look at Diawarra's!!) - and an impressive 50% of Reidy's shots are on target

http://home.skysports.com/optastats.aspx?clid=33&hlid=OPTA_Charlton_Athletic&cpid=8

Comments

• Options
    Faye's stats surprised me, but fair play. Not at all surprised at Dia's tackling %. Wonder if there's anyone much better in the league? The big stat for me (though least surprising) is that we're worst for crosses. May explain the ineffectiveness of some of our forwards.
  • Options
    faye's surprised me aswell, althou look how many fouls he's given away aswel, almost twice one's he's won, clumsy
  • Options
    Diawara's 89.9% tackle rate is shit hot. The problem is that his mistakes have all led to goals, and that's going to get you slaughtered by the press, fans and bald chairmen ;)

It's a shame how it's turned out so far, because he does have some ability.
  • Options
    To quote Churchill - lies, damn lies and statistics

The optica index also suggested we outplayed spurs when we lost 5-1
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T[/cite]To quote Churchill - lies, damn lies and statistics

The optica index also suggested we outplayed spurs when we lost 5-1

I went to that one and for half an hour or so we did outplay them. Even my Spuds supporting Brother in law and nephews (who were all in the Spurs end) thought as much.
  • Options
    yeah, we turned up at the pub 20 mins late to watch this on the telly and were told that we were superb.....

hard to believe obviously after what happened!
  • Options
    Having worked part-time at Opta for four years, firstly whilst I was at Uni, and over the last couple of years since I graduated, I have to admit, getting paid to watch football is not the worst pastime in the world. Although it can be discouraging when you have to cover three or four obscure second division German games in a row, where despite the atmosphere always being good, the football is more like Conference level. Got a season ticket, but usually cover Charlton away games, and as its mostly weekend work, the amount of 'live analysts' covering games with banging hangovers, or having more interesting games on the monitor next to them, means that the stats often do lie. Unfortunately the office is full of plastic Gooners, who use the excuse that they work at the weekend, to anyone who dares question the fact that they have never seen their team play live. And when they have to cover 'small clubs' such as ourselves, when Arsenal are playing at the same time, means a lot of mistakes and guesswork on their part. With regards to Diawara, having him in my fantasy team at the beginning of the season, in which, among other things, you get points for tackles won, was nothing to do with the fact that he has one of the highest tackle success rates in the Premiership of course! To be fair I don’t think Diawara is as bad as has been made out, but if Pardew does use these stats, then sorry Al i confess! However most managers just use Prozone or Actim who have the official rights to the Premiership, but when I first joined the likes of Wenger would get weekly reports sent to him. Its not all glitz and glamour in the world of footie stats, I can assure you!
  • Options
    I've studied the Prozone and Opta stats from the Spurs game and can confidently state that we won 6-5. I have written to the Premier League in order to point this out to them and demand an explanation as to why the points appear to have - mistakenly - been awarded to our bagel munching foreskin-less friends from across the water. I am eagerly awaiting their reply and will endeavour to keep you all appraised of the outcome.
  • Options
    yeah the stats are interesting. According to them we're not all that bad. We pass more than alot of teams, and have had more shots and shots on target than a fair few.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=256196&lid=1533&clid=&channel=Football+Home&title=Opta+Stats

scroll to the bottom and compare us to bolton. they've got 26 goals from 66 on target. we've got 19 from 86. Lucky fuckers