Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone who ever had problems with credit card payments.....

edited September 2006 in General Charlton
check out the latest entry from good friend and fellow lifer Riscardo

http://www.riscardo.co.uk/

Comments

• Had trouble one Saturday making purchases and got rather irritated so got home to call CC company only to be asked if I had purchased £3000 of jewellery the day before and breakfast in Barcelona today! Turned out my card had been skimmed at Heathrow Express and thanfully I didn't have to cough up!
  • It definately is a life choice AFKA ... ;)
  • So he didn't look at the receipt at the Pizza shop...
  • Yes ... it said £11.70 ....
  • Was in the USA a couple of weeks ago and took one of those new plastic American Express Travellers Cheque Cards. Used it in a few places...No problem. However, went to a retailer where they had trouble swiping the thing and they ended up swiping it five times. To cut a long story short, instead of taking $100 off my balance, they took $500!!! When I went to use the card on the last day, there I was thinking that I had $400 to play with, when in effect I had next to nothing. Was put in a very embarrassing position where I couldn't pay a restaurant bill and someone else had to step in. Checked the account on-line and the company had only taken the $100 and the other transactions were pending. Eventually got the money back 7 working days later, which was no use to me because I was back in the UK. If anyone else is thinking of getting one of these Amex cards, take my advice and don't bother. Use a credit card instead
  • well i used my company Amex monday night to buy my season ticket and the receipt came out with a completely different card number and expiry date... am sure they will receive an irate call from another customer. well weird.