Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dont panick Mr Mainwaring....

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
...alerted to BA flight cancellations today which looked like my long awaited soujourn to Aus next week was listed as one of the flights cancelled. Went immediately to trailfinders and was initially told that I would have to wait a further 3 weeks before they could get me on a flight to down under (sob sob). But further investigation into my fllight revealed that its only the passengers that were only flying to Singapore was cancelled but those flying on to Aus were ok.

Yippee - tie me kangaroo down sport.....waltzing maltilda, waltzing maltilda....etc

Comments

• Options
    bring your bat, you might get a game.
  • Options
    that was a close one... three weeks!

Where women glow and men plunder.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Where women glow and men plunder.

I used to think it was chunder......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: les_says[/cite]bring your bat, you might get a game.

I will be ignoring the fact that I have any interest in cricket or rugby and will say I cant see the point of both games when football is our real sport.

I just hope England dont lose in the football.
  • Options
    "Where women glow and men plunder."

Has anyone ever eaten vegimite?
  • Options
    yes it is shite.

Where beer does flow and men chunder.

Quite appropriate this on Australia Day.
  • Options
    Two things I will miss whilst in aus; a decent indian curry and beer.
  • Options
    According to our cricket team it has been Australia November, December and most of January.
  • Options
    Curry is impossible to come by in Oz, the nearest is in Singapore.
  • Options
    Actually, having been here 10 years, I can say that you should not have too many problems getting a good curry here in Oz, although it may be a bit different to those that you have in London. I remember the London curry houses would make curries so hot that you'd have to drink 8 pints just to soothe your throat! In contrast, the places here will only make a really hot curry if you specifically ask for it because the locals don't tend to like really spicy food here.
    As for the beers, granted most of the mainstream brews, XXXX, VB, Carlton are total shite but there are some smaller local brews Cascade, Boags, Coopers which are not bad at all and, of course, there is also plenty of imported stuff as well.