Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sponsorship forms for charity match

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Would it be possible to have sponsorship forms sent via emial,for those who would want them for collecting money for this event, just an idea and i'm sure there will be more ways of fundraising,i think it would generate more funds,looks kosher and would get peeps motivated,just take it round the office for example.maybe charlton fc paper/demelza.As ketman and so many others have sorted it i'm sure people would be more respnosive to a form rather than just asking ad lib. we could raise lots and would give great credit to those who have secured the pitch and facilities for this event.

Comments

• I agree wholeheartedly Badger, anyone arty people out there who fancies designing one for eveyone to use ?
  • whats the score with sponsorship then? I havent seen the official email and how you have asked to raise money - have you said each player has to raise a certain amount to play? Demelza House is a registered charity on Just Giving. Donating this way is far far easier than going round with a slip of paper if you all have access to emails etc.

An idea would be for just one page for all entries - then each entry ask when they're donating state its for AFKA Bartram, or Hilly's Up? or something like that? One person sets it up and makes it the official charity game donation page? anyone just an idea. You can see on the website the top fundraisers. Can you beat Harry Potter???

Just Giving Demelza House
  • Not a bad Idea, just wanted to try & get a total from everyone & perhaps do a presentation cheque & a photo opportunity for someone at Charlton Life at Demelza, good publicity for website & good for Charlton fans to be seen doing something for a charity i know the club backs. Don't think we are setting a minimum amount per player, just as much as people can get. Some people work in huge offices & can get far more sponsorship than others after all.
  • What about having someone from Damelza there who pick's MOM and they present the cheque?
  • edited January 2007
    So those in huge offices could just email round the link and say im going to make a tit of myself playing some ex pros. please sponsor me for that privilege and say please state which amateur you are sponsoring. that way you can see how much you're raising?

You can also add on the website amount raised offline so those collecting money offline, say asking their parents kids for example who dont use the internet can also collect. collecting sponsor money is a nightmare tho so this is agreat way to do it.

That way then when the people from DH come down you know how much you've raised. Could be huge.
  • OK just had a proper read of it seems to be good idea. Don't wanna set anything up yet until I have had a chance to speak to 'committee' but seems a great idea B. Let me E-mail the boys & if we get Green light do you wanna set up the Page ?
  • Yes i will, thank you.
  • Great stuff Curb_It: I'd mentioned justgiving in e-mail to AFKA- you beat me to it here!
  • Does "Just Giving" allow you to use the Gift Aid thingy so the tax can be claimed back from the Treasury? That'll increase the donations by 23%
  • yes, if you look at some of the established pages on the link you can see people have claimed gift aid. very handy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not being pre-sumptious or anything but when we get the go ahead for doing this & Curb_it sets our page up, I still think it may be useful to have some sort of flyer that advertises what we are doing so people can show them what we are doing & what the charity is all about when they are trying to prise money out of them. Anyone fancy the job of creating one ? People with imagination need only apply...no not you MCS !
  • i am crap at designing man! someone wants to design it, i will happily print it?
  • i don't mind having a go at designing something if people want to share ideas on what they want on it?
  • OK Suzi thanks for volunteering. Couple of ideas
    (I) Picture of Valley to appear somewhere on flyer & explanation of day to include details of two games, plus mentioning other funraising we will be doing on day (Raffle at evening function).
    (ii) Logo or photos with explanation of Charity we are sponsoring nicked off Demelza website. (Don't think they will mind!)
    (iii) Mention of Charlton Life Website somewhere on Flyer.
  • Are we putting together a programme? How about a 4xA5 page (1 sheet of A4 folded) affair with team sheets on the back?
    We could name everyone as: "6 - Forename 'User Name' Surname" - a bit like the boxers' names!

I'm happy to put something together if it's wanted. Ollie - could you run off the copies if we give your firm credit (in rather small print at the bottom!)?
  • yeah, could sell em for 50p?
  • edited January 2007
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]yeah, could sell em for 50p?

With a unique number for a prize draw???

Probably easier to just give a raffle ticket when you sell one!
  • Some great ideas coming out Ladies & gents keep em coming. However before we all go running off doing different things could you please first co-ordinate with AFKA / Mr Irving / Myself so we have something structured, also things like this cost money so will have to look into it a bit further.
  • Fair do's Kets - I'll email you all.
    Can you whisper your email addy pls?

Ta.
  • cheers guys, i'm behind with work at the mo, but will get round to these things over the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking. Brill effort Suzi. Ollie any suggestions for Fonts more your thing than mine .?
  • obviously needs dates, times, details etc.

tried to get it as close to charlton font as poss, used verdana
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]1st draft[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_41396 noWrap=false][ul compact=false][div noWrap=false]charity 1st draft.jpg[/div][/ul][/div]

Excellent effort! The word is proceedings though!
  • Excellent effort Suz!!

My only concern is the cost implications of printing in colour. B&W I'm sure we could get done for free (or we share it out and print it on the sly at work) - colour is another matter...
  • i might be able to help with the printing.
    my company has a repro dept.. how many u looking at producing?
  • doesn't ollie work for a printing firm and he said up there he could do it?
  • I'm up for walking around with a bucket mugging (sorry delicately persuading) people to part with their hard earned....................plus I really want to be back there to see KB back in action.............I'd pay to see that alone ;-)

Anything I can do to assist, I'm your gal!
  • [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]doesn't ollie work for a printing firm and he said up there he could do it?

I'm not belittling your flyer in any way Suz - just think that getting colour printing done for free is gonna be a bit more difficult than B&W. It was be fantastic if it COULD be done in colour!